What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sean Davis score correction (1 Viewer)

RushHour

Footballguy
So apparently Davis had some stats taken away today - a tackle and a sack it looks like. Turns my very close win into a loss. Anyone else affected by this?: Seems very late in the game for this to happen after playoff matchups were already set on MFL.

Sorry to hear that cost you a big game. Yes, stat corrections come out every Thursday and often IDP stats are affected on this day. It sucks, I lost games in the past because of these changes, but stats aren't official until Thursday.

it was for precisely this reason why we removed stat changes from our leagues a number of years ago.  With TNF now a staple, it easily could mean scenarios where it changes playoff matchups.

it could change a team having a bye and all of a sudden playing or a team thinks their season is over and after a stat correction, they are playing and haven't set a lineup for a TNF game.  

kurtrudder said:
it was for precisely this reason why we removed stat changes from our leagues a number of years ago.  With TNF now a staple, it easily could mean scenarios where it changes playoff matchups.

it could change a team having a bye and all of a sudden playing or a team thinks their season is over and after a stat correction, they are playing and haven't set a lineup for a TNF game.  
If everyone knows going in that it could happen then it shouldn't be an issues.  The changes happen early in the day with plenty of notice.  Unfortunately these changes affect IDP scoring tremendously.  There are always tackle/assist/sack changes.  I know if I have a close matchup I am not out of the woods until Thursday morning.  It's the nature of the beast.

I used to argue against instituting these changes for all the reasons you said but in the end I was swayed because the official stats changed and this game is all about the stats.  Why would you want to use faulty stats if you don't have to?  If by some chance the unofficial scorer credited a TD to the wrong person and it got overturned in the official scoring wouldn't you want the proper stats to be counted?   It's just unfortunate that they don't come out until Thursday. 

Not sure what host you use, but MFL's deadline for stat corrections is 10:00 AM Thursday.  After that they won't process unless the commish does it manually.  Elias  has them in by then nearly every time - I don't think I have ever seen them come out later.

Users who are viewing this thread