What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

You're "All Upside" Team For The Truly Desperate (1 Viewer)

kyoun1e

Footballguy
I'm not sure about everyone else, but the team I started with is not the team I ended up with in the semis due to injuries and poor matchups in week 15. I'm assuming others have the same type of issues. Additionally, many may find themselves projected to lose to their opponent this week. It's not enough to find a "safe, servicable" option. Understanding all that, I thought it may be useful to discuss who people are not only plugging into their lineups to fill gaps, but also to find "ceiling" and beat their favored opponent.

While this isn't my lineup, this is who I would select for upside at each position. Most of these guys are either on the wire still or you picked them up, they are sitting on your bench, and you are tormented who to start:

* QB: C. Kaepernick (@ATL) -- Been a dud lately, but ATL secondary is horrid. Honorable Mention: J. Flacco vs PHI. 

* RB 1: K. Farrow vs OAK -- Could get a heavy workload, Hillman could be in the mix, but even if OAK gets up big, Farrow is the pass catching RB.

* RB 2: T. Montgomery @CHI -- Going to be frigid. Starks could be out. Rodgers banged up. Could be run Ty right, run Ty left, throw to Ty in the flat short.

* WR 1: R. Anderson vs MIA -- Marshall is dinged up on a "pitch count" and B. Petty has eyes for Anderson. He's getting the targets. MIA has been torched through the air.

* WR 2: JJ Nelson vs NO -- Floyd gone. Brown always iffy. Received 12 targets last week. He could get deep against the NO D.

* FLEX: P. Garcon vs CAR -- This guy always seems to be on and off the wire. Super consistent, but this matchup provides upside. One of the only matchups with a great QB situation AND weather situation.

* TE: R. Griffith vs JAX -- CJ doesn't look like he's going to play. Brock loves the TE. 

* D: JAX @HOU -- Jax is a pretty good D and Brock is horrible. Either one of these two teams could implode offensively. Jax offense more likely to do so, but who knows.

Good luck all.

2 guys I was eyeballing in this list were Montgomery and Griffin and I'm very hesitant to roll with either. I don't like the Amari Cooper matchup and so I was looking at other potential matchups. Chicago defense is better than one would think and they've been pretty decent at slowing down the run. The Packers are pass first as well all know. Montgomery could be another frustrating play where he doesn't get utilized like we all believe he should.

As for Griffin, the Jags have been decent against the pass especially against TEs. Griffin isn't quite as good as Fiedorowicz and Osweiler isn't good at all. I really wanted this to be a good play but I think I'm going to have to roll the dice on Jordan Reed instead.

Thielen indoors.Gabriel indoors. 

Both should be studs.

Jordan Howard should be plenty busy in -13 degree weather in Chicago..

Olsen going against the weakest defense vs. TEs in the NFL .

Man I did not know Starks might be out. 

Gotta rethink Ty Montgomery in for Crowder now. 

Thielen indoors.Gabriel indoors. 

Both should be studs.

Jordan Howard should be plenty busy in -13 degree weather in Chicago..

Olsen going against the weakest defense vs. TEs in the NFL .
Hmmm, have to bench one of Gabriel, watkins or Sanders (or Hyde but he's in). I think you just convinced me to bench sanders as I'm a significant underdog. 

I'm considering Ryan Griffin myself. I know the matchup isn't ideal but Griffin had a decent role even with a healthy CJ. He will get peppered with targets with CJ out. So he could have a nice PPR floor.

I'm alive in 3 leagues and thanks to various injuries or just not trusting my usual options, I am rolling with the likes of Inman, Gabriel, Farrow, Montgomery, Robby Anderson as starters. I'm all about the upside.

Users who are viewing this thread