What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looking for thoughts on WR/TE plays (1 Viewer)

JoeMoney

Footballguy
Hi all... got a PPR league where I'm trying to choose 3 players for a WR/TE starts.  Picking from many good options, but trying to hit the three best.  Should be a pretty close matchup with other team.

Here's the options, with the first three as where I'm leaning to start and some of my thoughts as to why I'm thinking of starting or sitting:

1. Greg Olsen @ Wash - Wash bad against TEs, possible shootout, and the Monday night comeback effect is an added bonus
  2. Sammy Watkins vs. Clev - It's Cleveland and he's due for a big game.  Worried about Bills running all day however, and any weather implications.
  3. Tyrell Williams vs. Oak - Warm weather with Rivers likely having to throw in another potential shootout.
  4. Jarvis Landry @ NYJ - likely sitting due to backup QB and solid options.
  5. Jamison Crowder vs. CAR - Tough decision in shootout potential game, but think top 3 have upside.  Reed also likely coming back.
  6. AJ Green vs. Pit - Will likely sit even if active.  Coming off a hammy in cold weather against improving pass D seems like huge bust potential
  7. Alshon Jeffery vs. GB - Too cold and Matt Barkley makes me want to wait a week on him.
Thanks for any thoughts and advice.

Please post a link to yours and I'll reply.  Thanks.

Olsen Watkins for sure for me.  I'd say Crowder for a bit more floor or Williams for a bit more upside.   Green or Alsohn only if you are a huge underdog and need a swing for the fences option   Landry ok floor option Moore is a good back up but I'd still do Crowder over him

Thanks for the reply.  Crowder is the one I'm having a hard time with.  You did hit on the floor vs. ceiling debate with him and whether Williams, or maybe Watkins, is a better sit for him.  Appreciate the thoughts. 

Olsen, Williams, Crowder.

I don't think the Chargers can win w/o throwing a ton.  Farrow is not Gordon.

The Carolina D gets eaten up out of the slot.  Crowder also does well at home.  He's the play in that game where Washington will be throwing it 45+times.

Users who are viewing this thread