What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: Trade LMiller for DThomas (1 Viewer)

BearsFan4Life

Footballguy
14 Team Dynasty - Standard Scoring - 6 pts all TDs 

Start: 1 QB, 5 FLEX, 1 K, 1 D/ST (if you start 2 RB, you must start a TE

NEW OFFER...

Give: Big Ben and LMiller

Get:  Cam and DThomas

UPDATE and ACCEPTED:

Give: Big Ben and L Murray 

Get: Cam and DThomas 

My team:

Ben, TTaylor

Bell, LMiller, LMurray, Rawls, Charles, DWilliams, CThompson, Hightower

AJGreen, Dez, Cruz

Kelce, Reed

Tucker

Denver

Miller has been frustrating me all year with his bumps and bruises.  Should I deal him for DThomas?  I have the RB depth, but is it worth it for another 28-29 year old WR?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I'd do that that, I can see why you'd want to trade miller for another WR, but I'd get someone other than d Thomas, that passing offense isn't very good, and sander is a good option too, I could see sanders continuing to take production from Thomas the next couple years

I also think miller could have a better year next year, who knows though, osweiller is the worst, I bought low on Hopkins this year though. Have you thought abut packaging Miller and Charles or something like that, I would try for a younger WR or a couple of them, you're very thin at wr, AJ and Dez is nice though 

I would not make that trade.  I would much rather have Miller at this point ND think you can do better if you move him.

I don't mind the trade. I have Miller in my dynasty league, and I think he will be better next year after having this year to learn how to stand up to a full season of work. He will definitely be better if they can get anything from the QB position next year.

However, I value WRs more in a dynasty league and late 20s is not too old for a WR. DT may not be a dominate WR1 like he was in Peyton's prime, but he's still a good WR2 option and that passing attack hasn't been nearly as bad as everyone has claimed. I think they look to add Romo or another option in the offseason, but even if not Semien hasn't been awful and both he and Lynch should improve with another year under their belt. A lot of the options on that team have been killed by OL deficiencies as well, so if they correct some of those, there could be better production across the board in the coming years.

New offer ..

Give: Big Ben and LMiller 

Get: Cam and DThomas

Accept quick or am I missing something?

I still have Bell, Rawls, Charles, L Murray at RB with AJ Green,  Dez, and D Thomas at WR. 

I like the deal. Cam was the 1st overall pick in my Dynasty just a couple months ago (Brand new league) and while he wasn't quite up to 1st overall production, there is still a reason he went there and ben is great, but well.... he's old! ;-) lol

I’ve never been a fan of Cam Newton. With the exception of last season he has never been great. Far too inconsistent for my taste. D.Thomas is a soft player. He has all the talent in the world, but he’s not “tough” enough to bring his game to the next level...Beyond that his qb situation is very shaky. I’m sure you could get a solid 3rd wr without having to give up a ton to get it...It’s also possible that if the Texans can get an NFL caliber qb Miller will post much better numbers.

That trade is so close to me!

And you need wr over rb due to depth. 

Ben is older but is Cam better?

I am not convinced he is...

Thomas is a stud who can put up numbers even with Simien...

i would say yes but man it's close. 

I agree you could use WR help; but talk to other owners if your shopping Miller, I bet you can get a better WR, even if it means tossing in a little extra

I tihnk Cam and Big Ben are a wash with a slight edge to Ben.  He has Leveon and Antonio on his team.

In a standard league, I value RB's more than WR's.  We don't know who DT's QB will be next year.  I like Lamar if the Texans have a new QB. The ONLY reason I would this trade is due to your RB depth but because you play in a weird league that starts FLEX's and not RB/WR's I'd hold on to your guys and start 3 RB's.

FINAL ACCEPTED OFFER:

Gave: Big Ben and L Murray 

Got: Cam and DThomas 

Not sure where Murray will wind up but get to keep Miller and get younger QB

Users who are viewing this thread