What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 deep adds / matchups (2 Viewers)

nirad3

Footballguy
Anyone scouring the bottom of their league's waiver wire for some IDP adds this week?  Sorry if this belongs in the "other" forum, but not much traction in there at this point... and this could be construed as a general strategy piece anyways. :)

Who y'all looking at?

FWIW, my sources tell me that the best matchups for DL are:  SEA, SFO, NOS, KCC, SDC, CHI, CLE, WAS and DEN (over 25 ppg to the DL position)

Best matchups for LBs are:  NYJ, OAK, PIT, DET, NYG, HOU, CIN, GBP, NOS, TBB, LA, PHI, KCC, CLE, (over 40 ppg to the LB position)

Best matchups for DBs are TBB, SEA, CLE, ATL, MIN, NOS, NYG, PHI, CIN, JAC, TEN, IND, GBP, DET, ARI, DAL (over 50 ppg to the DB position)

And, just so you know how "bottom of the barrel" I'm talking about here, I'm looking at:

DL - David Irving (DAL), Glenn Dorsey (SFO)

LB - Spencer Paysinger (MIA), Joe Thomas (GBP), Bruce Irvin (OAK)

DB - Keith Tandy (TBB), Anthony Harris (MIN)

Ned said:
I almost grabbed him last week, but don't really know his situation other than he's had a solid 3 weeks.

What about Martrell Spaight?
Spaight looked fantastic last night.  11 freakin' solos.  Every time I saw a Panther runner go down he was either making the play himself or was right there.

If Will Compton is out again, Spaight is a big-time play this coming week.  I don't see anything on the Redskins boards that would indicate whether or not Compton's knee will keep him out, but going to definitely peek at their practice report tomorrow to see if there's any indication.

That said, WAS has one of the worst LB matchups of the week.  CHI only gives up 34 ppg to LBs.  CAR, on the flip side, was giving up about 40 ppg to LBs, so calculate accordingly.

--

As for Paysinger, not sure.  Kiko Alonso was out Week 14 and may have seen limited action against the Jets given the score.  He finished with 3/3 while Paysinger backed up his decent Week 14 play with a 5/4 line.

---

I would suspect either one would be safe adds.  Spaight would be the risk/reward guy but if Compton is a DNP on Wednesday I'd say there's a good chance he sits Week 16, removing most of the "risk" from Spaight.  Again, not a great matchup.

Paysinger has a "decent" Week 16 matchup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spaight looked fantastic last night.  11 freakin' solos.  Every time I saw a Panther runner go down he was either making the play himself or was right there.

If Will Compton is out again, Spaight is a big-time play this coming week.  I don't see anything on the Redskins boards that would indicate whether or not Compton's knee will keep him out, but going to definitely peek at their practice report tomorrow to see if there's any indication.

That said, WAS has one of the worst LB matchups of the week.  CHI only gives up 34 ppg to LBs.  CAR, on the flip side, was giving up about 40 ppg to LBs, so calculate accordingly.

--

As for Paysinger, not sure.  Kiko Alonso was out Week 14 and may have seen limited action against the Jets given the score.  He finished with 3/3 while Paysinger backed up his decent Week 14 play with a 5/4 line.

---

I would suspect either one would be safe adds.  Spaight would be the risk/reward guy but if Compton is a DNP on Wednesday I'd say there's a good chance he sits Week 16, removing most of the "risk" from Spaight.  Again, not a great matchup.

Paysinger has a "decent" Week 16 matchup.
Hull filled in for Alonso in week 14 (and had a good showing). I'll have to be on the lookout for the snap numbers. 

Eek, I'll be staying away from Paysinger.

I like Spaight a lot if Compton is out.  Watching Skins practice report.

May add Bruce Irvin as a safety valve.

Users who are viewing this thread