What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How old is your wallet? (1 Viewer)

mr. furley

Footballguy
going on 6 years here

gen.u.wine. leather. fraying around the bi-fold point but otherwise going strong. looking like i'll @Truckasaurus along with this one for a couple decades, if'n i don't die first.

Haven't had one since I have a phone case that can carry my ID and credit card. The one before that I had since high school so that was about 15-20 years. 

10+ years, it's got the separator where you keep the bills. That can be tough to find and a must have feature for me. Bought it at a leather shop, was expensive but has weathered the test of time. 

Kraft... said:
10+ years, it's got the separator where you keep the bills. That can be tough to find and a must have feature for me. Bought it at a leather shop, was expensive but has weathered the test of time. 
What goes on the other side of the separator?  Coupons?

JC Penney special. Over 12 years old. Easily have another 5 years left in it - maybe more. 

ColeHaan wallet easily 15 years old and probably older.  Still smells like leather and not, surprisingly, like farts.

Last edited by a moderator:
10+ years. Still going strong, but I find myself taking out credit card and ID when I go anywhere now so that it is not a big lump. Don't think I would do that if I did not have a phone. Keys, phone and wallet just too many things. Two hands, two objects, I guess.

9ish years... almost time to buy a new one though.  The plastic piece that covers the driver's license area is cracked and looks bad.

Mine gives George Costanza a run for his money.

- License

- 2 credit cards

- 1 Debit card

- Kaiser medical card

- Car insurance card

- Dental Insurance card

- Concierge card from Koa's Seaside Grill in Maui

- SPG Platinum member's card

- wife's business card

- lucky $2 bill

- Lightening Foods frequent diner stamp card

- Portico Restaurant frequent diner stamp card

- 2-3 client business cards

- Disneyland annual pass from 2011

- Starbucks gift card

- Hallmark buy 10 get one free card

About 3 years old.  Wife and kids run out of ideas for fathers day every few years.  It is their default gift and I'm a bad guy if I don't switch.

No wallet.  Money clip here.  Holds a drivers license, insurance card and 3 credit cards without any problem.  Converted about 5 years ago from a tri fold wallet and haven't looked back.

No wallet.  Money clip here.  Holds a drivers license, insurance card and 3 credit cards without any problem.  Converted about 5 years ago from a tri fold wallet and haven't looked back.
This, on the advice of this board.

I think i'm on my second one,  each has lasted about 7+ years..

Current one is at least 6 years old

:goodposting:

Bought a cheap one in Mexico about 8 years ago. Works great.

MIL gave me a wallet about 10 years ago. Really nice dressy wallet. It is time for a replacement. The thread has unraveled on one end and the thing has definitely seen it's best days.

at least 10 years. wife gave it to me for something or other... very cool design, perfect size. holding up pretty well, still looks good but starting to fray just a bit.

mr roboto said:
4 years. It's a front pocket wallet not a folding one. 
Same, but I just bought a new one a month ago. My 4 year old old was was falling apart.

Went with one like this. Cheap and perfect for my needs.

Mine gives George Costanza a run for his money.

- License

- 2 credit cards

- 1 Debit card

- Kaiser medical card

- Car insurance card

- Dental Insurance card

- Concierge card from Koa's Seaside Grill in Maui

- SPG Platinum member's card

- wife's business card

- lucky $2 bill

- Lightening Foods frequent diner stamp card

- Portico Restaurant frequent diner stamp card

- 2-3 client business cards

- Disneyland annual pass from 2011

- Starbucks gift card

- Hallmark buy 10 get one free card
That is child's play, my friend...I easily double that list, and I took several things out a few months back.

Mine is about 15-16 yrs old.  A little worn and tattered on the edges...a little too stretched out in places, but still very much functional.

36-37 years.

Doesn't seem like it. But I remember where I was working when I bought it - first job. It has held up. But I haven't carried it around all hours in my back pocket for years like I did for a long time. Car console is where it mostly is unless i have to carry it for vacations or whatnot

Between 5-10 years, I'm not sure. 

For a few years I rarely used it, just had one of those card holders that goes on the back of your phone. It held one credit card and two IDs.  Now that I use 5  cards (different cash back categories) I carry the wallet.  

I got one of these about 2 years ago. License, 2 credit cards, debit card, insurance card, a little cash, and 2 house keys. Although now I also carry around an allergy card in Korean since we moved to Koreatown.

My father has carried  a folding wallet 3”-4” thick for as long as I can remember. No wonder he walks with a limp.

Had one for 5-6 years, kept losing my credit card, happened like 5 times over the course of 18 months. couldn't figure out why, finally realized it was slipping out of my wallet. Bought a new one at TJ Maxx for 15 bucks.

somewhat incredibly, each time i lost it someone used it to ring up hundreds of dollars in charges within hours of me losing it.  I do  live in a big city but still thought that was pretty ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread