What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How old is your wallet? (1 Viewer)

I just got rid of my wallet after 20 years and replaced it with a money clip.  Loved that old wallet.  It was a slim bifold that was squished flat but it was falling apart.  

Got a minimalist wallet about a year ago. Can't believe I used a bifold for as many years as I did. Less is more. Just carry drivers license, company ID, couple of credit cards and a few bills. 

Got a minimalist wallet about a year ago. Can't believe I used a bifold for as many years as I did. Less is more. Just carry drivers license, company ID, couple of credit cards and a few bills. 
Been using these for about 5 years now. I replace it about every 2 years, but they only cost about $10 on Amazon, so it's no biggie.

A couple weeks old. A birthday gift. Has a couple dedicated slots including one on the outside with a pull tab where I keep my 2 main credit cards. 

Mine's a few years old and is falling apart.  I'm in the market.  I don't necessarily go full George Costanza, but I do have quite a bit of "junk" in mine that I would still want in the new wallet.  And I need the zippered coin thingie.  I need to keep an emergency anxiety pill with me at all times.   :sadbanana:

About ten before I replaced it this year.  Wear seemed to be more a product of how many times it had been drenched than how many years I had used it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got rid of my wallet after 20 years and replaced it with a money clip.  Loved that old wallet.  It was a slim bifold that was squished flat but it was falling apart.  
I have a bifold with a minimalist wallet that slips inside it.  Works great.  I often keep the wallet in my briefcase or truck when traveling and then slip the minimalist portion in my pocket when I walk around.  The nicest part is you can transition from one to the other without having to move any cards around.

I’m transitioning away from carrying a wallet. I’ve just recently adopted to the whole push button ignition so I keep my keys and wallet in my car 98% of the time. 

I’d like to get a money clip or minimalist wallet but I really don’t have much of a need so I still haven’t. 

Timely bump. I just switched to a leather bifold that I found when cleaning out my parents basement for them. My pop got it as a gift in the 50's or 60's. Never been used.

So, I'm not sure how to classify its age - old & new, I guess.

Really old. I carried it for years before going to a phone case that holds 2 cards. I still keep it in my car. Has my spare cards (ATM, insurance, club, bank, etc) and some cash. 

I've had the same leather money clip since 2003.  It holds 3-4 cards on each side.  I love it.  The wife has tried to give me new ones as gifts, but every time I try a new one I hate it.  

Theres no going back for me at this point.  

Thanks @mr. furley - this thread motivated me to ditch the wallet.  Got a new phone case a while back and carry my DL and bank card.  Keep my wallet in my car with all the crap I lugged around unnecessarily for times I need any of it.  

I still have a wallet that I received as a gift when I was a kid. It's about 60 years old. Brown leather, zippered with a raised image of 2 horses on one side. Pretty sure it's got a couple silver dollars in the change pocket.

Never really used it. At the time, I didn't like it because it locked like a kid's wallet instead of an adult's wallet.

15 years.

Coach, while not cheap, made the best wallets. Not sure what their quality:price ratio is now as, well, haven't had the need for a wallet in a long, long time.

Users who are viewing this thread