What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any word on Lamar Miller’s injury? (1 Viewer)

Saboo

Footballguy
I know Miller said that he just “tweaked” his ankle and that he would be fine, but has there been any other word from anyone around the Texans that Miller is ok?

All indications are that he'll play, and the fact that Houston is in the thick of the playoff race and has a QB starting his first game make it even less likely he sits. However, it is the late game Saturday night, so if you're worried, you can either pick up Blue or one of the RBs playing on Sun/Mon (Burkhead/Booker/Forsett/Washington)

I'm not too worried, nor do I think my opponent is devious enough to try to block me by grabbing Blue.

Miller did not practice at all on Wednesday. If he can’t go who is the guy to own, Alfred Blue or Akeem Hunt?

Miller did not practice at all on Wednesday. If he can’t go who is the guy to own, Alfred Blue or Akeem Hunt?
Probably Blue. I am desperate for a RB and CIN is a decent matchup... 

Blue oddly did not get much action last week, so that dues muddy the waters a little. However, Hunt fumbled twice at the goal line, so I can't imagine he gets a lot of GL work.

Blue oddly did not get much action last week, so that dues muddy the waters a little. However, Hunt fumbled twice at the goal line, so I can't imagine he gets a lot of GL work.
Did Hunt get the goal line carries because Miller was injured at the time or is he getting the Ingram treatment?

Did Hunt get the goal line carries because Miller was injured at the time or is he getting the Ingram treatment?
His first fumble was second quarter 11:00 roughly. First play of the series. REcovered by the offense. Blue took the next carry. 3 and out. Was actually NOT a goal line carry (I read he got 2 goal line carries but I can't find 2... I can only find 1).

Lamar Miller came in to take over the ball carrying duties the next series, was relieved in the redzone by Hunt. Hunt fumbled. Never saw a carry the rest of the game. Lamar Miller came in on the next play and was stuffed at the 1 yard line. Went for it on 4th and failed

Blue never received a carry either

I can't imagine the coach is that thrilled with Hunt: 3 carries 2 fumbles. Blue has a history of doing fairly okay to well when filling in. 

Blue and Hunt really do look like trash. Texans want this win; Lamar will be out there and getting work as long as he can suit up. IMO, it's a clear point of pride for Miller that he's out there and about to carry the brunt of the rushing for his team. 

Also... the ankle twist didn't look great. Scariest scenario here would be playing him and he gets banged up early and sits. Would be hard to believe anybody has a team deep enough that they can sit a solid RB2 on the chance that he re-aggravates something. 

Last edited by a moderator:
 Would be hard to believe anybody has a team deep enough that they can sit a solid RB2 on the chance that he re-aggravates something. 
Our league now uses 5 flex which can be RB, We or TE's.  So for me it's Miller or Delanie Walker.  I actually like our flex format since the NFL is starting to blur lines between RB's, WR and TE's.  They all score the same and makes it easier when injuries hit.  Back to Miller, we'll see if he practices tomorrow.  He's a bit risky.  I saw the last play when he tweaked his ankle and it can probably be easily tweaked again

Blue and Hunt really do look like trash. Texans want this win; Lamar will be out there and getting work as long as he can suit up. IMO, it's a clear point of pride for Miller that he's out there and about to carry the brunt of the rushing for his team. 

Also... the ankle twist didn't look great. Scariest scenario here would be playing him and he gets banged up early and sits. Would be hard to believe anybody has a team deep enough that they can sit a solid RB2 on the chance that he re-aggravates something. 
This is what worries me.  Did you see his foot last week?  That foot might as well have been in a cast as much tape was on it.

Even more concern was he appeared to hurt it towards the end of the game. 

Latest from Rotoworld:

Lamar Miller (ankle) is not practicing Wednesday.
Miller limped off the field on the Texans' final drive of last week's win over the Jaguars. He's since promised to play Week 16 against the Bengals, but we'll have to keep an eye on his practice reps over the next two days. If Miller is unable to play, Alfred Blue and Akeem Hunt are next up on the depth chart.

0.5 ppr and need to decide between fitz or Miller at flex. Or I could go buck wild and start Malcolm Mitchell. 

Lamar scares me. His floor is really low if he isn't 100%, on the flip side,  savage may be a major upgrade for the offense and Cincinnati D is not scary at all

0.5 ppr and need to decide between fitz or Miller at flex. Or I could go buck wild and start Malcolm Mitchell. 

Lamar scares me. His floor is really low if he isn't 100%, on the flip side,  savage may be a major upgrade for the offense and Cincinnati D is not scary at all
Certainly not as scary as last year when they were top 5 but they are playing pretty well defensively as of late. Since the bye points against have been 21, 16, 19, 14, 10 and 24 for an average of about 17. 

No practice Thursday.  Unless he is full go tomorrow, I'm not going to risk it.  The late Houston game on Saturday leaves me with no other decent options if he doesn't play.

I picked up Blue just in case. But my guess is we'll have a good idea by Saturday morning whether he's likely to suit up. And if he's expected to miss, I'll start Fat Rob rather than risk having to start Blue. I don't want to get "Farrowed".

Worst case would be if they announce ahead of time that he'll be the dreaded GTD. Then we'll really have a decision to make.

BTW, sneaky shark move is to pay attention to Jeremy Hill's status. If he sits as well, Burkhead could be a better option than Blue.

Having said all that, I agree that given the stakes, he's more than likely to grit it out.

Miller did not practice again on Thursday...Not feeling good about this.

I may have to start Dion Lewis in his place just to be safe.  I could pick up Blue or Hunt but I really don't want to play either of them.  Or I could go with Witten (1.5ppr for TE) on MNF if Miller doesn't go.  I guess it's either Lewis before Miller or Witten after if needed.

For those wondering, in the three games that take place after Cinci-Houston on Saturday night, there aren't likely to be many RB options available. Baltimore, Pittsburgh, KC and Dallas RBs are almost certainly owned, and you probably don't want anyone from Detroit or Denver (though if you must, I'd say Forsett, Washington and Booker, in that order).

But I still maintain we are likely to know before the 1:00 games whether he's likely to play.

Was about to post that, given the real-world stakes around this game, Miller is unlikely to sit. But then I remembered something. I'm pretty sure that if Tennessee wins tomorrow afternoon (and I think if Indy loses as well), then the Week 17 match-up is automatically for the division title, regardless of what happens in Houston-Cinci. Wouldn't that give the Texans an extra incentive to sit Miller? Can anyone confirm that those are the stakes?

Hmm, suddenly Fat Rob is looking far more attractive ...

Problem with Miller these days is that even when he plays, he's often checking in and out of the lineup with various nicks. Leaving a lot of points to Blue/Grimes/Hunt. 

I'd be very skeptical if he goes unless you truly have no better options.

Was about to post that, given the real-world stakes around this game, Miller is unlikely to sit. But then I remembered something. I'm pretty sure that if Tennessee wins tomorrow afternoon (and I think if Indy loses as well), then the Week 17 match-up is automatically for the division title, regardless of what happens in Houston-Cinci. Wouldn't that give the Texans an extra incentive to sit Miller? Can anyone confirm that those are the stakes?

Hmm, suddenly Fat Rob is looking far more attractive ...
If Tenn wins and Miami wins (they both play early Sat), Houston has nothing to play for in week 16.  They would be eliminated from the wildcard race and the week 17 game would decide the AFC South.  If I had someone like Kelley as an alternative, I'd play him for sure.

joeschmo said:
If Tenn wins and Miami wins (they both play early Sat), Houston has nothing to play for in week 16.  They would be eliminated from the wildcard race and the week 17 game would decide the AFC South.  If I had someone like Kelley as an alternative, I'd play him for sure.
You're right. Indy's game is meaningless in this scenario, since if Tenn wins they're out. 

I have to say, I've had this wrong from the beginning. Didn't think the injury was anything serious, thought he'd play through it, figured we'd at least know for sure well in advance, etc. And if it were just one of the risk factors, I might chance it. But given that he's hurt *and* a GTD *and* in the night game *and* there are potentially no playoff implications *and* there is potentially a huge incentive to rest him up for Week 17, I'm not sure what I could hear before 1:00 that would make me feel good about starting him. 

"iffy at best" is what Rappoport last said at like 3am EST.  I've taken him out of my lineup for Lewis for now.  Probably will waffle between Lewis, Blue, and Moncrief 40 times before kickoffs.

Savage Dragon show tonight boys.. Lamar gave his best these last 2 games ..now it's time 2 stick a fork in him.. Hopkins will get all the Houston fantasy points tonight 

On ESPN's NFL Insiders, Adam Schefter said it is "unlikely" Lamar Miller (ankle) plays Week 16 against the Bengals.
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported early Saturday morning Miller was "iffy at best." Perhaps Miller suits up if the Titans shockingly lose to the Jaguars, but Saturday night's game will not matter in the playoff picture if Tennessee takes care of business. Alfred Blue should serve as the lead back, but Miller owners should look elsewhere for a help if possible.

Dec 24 - 10:37 AM

Users who are viewing this thread