What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WDIS in Championship Game against league juggernaut (PPR). WRIR (1 Viewer)

NinerDownUnder

Footballguy
After screwing up my lineup big time, I managed to win by a miniscule 0.82 points to make it to the Championship game for the second time in as many seasons, against the same team I defeated in last seasons final. Things are markedly different this year though, as he has put together an awesome team with very little weaknesses. I did however beat this same team 2 weeks ago thanks to some huge performances. 

Scoring: 1pt PPR, 1pt/10y Rush/Rec/Return, 1pt/25y passing. All TD's 6pts

My team:

QB (pick 1): Rivers, Roethlisberger (Waiver wire options: Flacco, A. Smith)

RB (pick 2): Peterson, Ayaji, Rawls, Powell, Hill (Waiver wire options: Crowell, Dixon, West, Farrow)

WR (pick 3): A.Brown, Britt, Lockett, T. Hill, A.Jeffrey, Diggs, T.Williams (Waiver wire options: Ginn, Garcon, Inman)

TE: (pick 1): Ertz  (Waiver wire options: Henry, Fiedorowicz)

My opponent:

QB: Brady, Prescott

RB: Bell, Da.Johnston, Forte, Ware

WR: J.Jones, Beckham, DeSean Jackson, Shepard, Fuller

TE: Reed, Brate, Cook

You can see my dilemma !!!!!!

My thoughts:

QB - Leaning to Rivers ever so slightly because of the easy matchup, however he may end up just giving the rock to Gordon/Farrow most of the game because of the porous defense. Ravens though give up far fewer points to opposition QBs

RB: This is my biggest headache. With PPR all of these RB with the exception of Hill have great potential, but most have terrible matchups. Ayaji has the softest rush defense to face but has been terrible of late because of the o-line woes. With Miami being soft against the run themselves they might get behind quickly which would dull Ayaji's chances. Powell has been brilliant of late but now faces the Pats away which is a big ask, plus FOrte might be back. Rawls has misfired but could get a better shot this week. Hill seems to be the most consistent. At this stage I am taking Hill and Rawls but with not much confidence.

WR: Brown is a definite starter. After that is another crapshoot. Britt has a sweet matchup but is inconsistent. Diggs has been a no show (but with a good matchup). Williams is one of many targets and Jeffery may have to face Josh Norman. The key here I think is the scoring system allowing points for return yards. Hill, Lockett (and Ginn if I pick him up) all could pick up an extra 5-6 points with returns on top of their normal receiving duties. I benched Tyreek Hill last time they played the Broncos and he burned me big time, however with Maclin back and Kelce being a focal point he might just be restricted to the odd rush and return duties. He is a big threat for both though. My gut tells me to pick up Ginn and start him against a weak Atlanta secondary and put Lockett in for now.

TE: Will probably stick with Ertz

Any comments, suggestions, criticisms welcomed. Happy to answer yours in return

QB: Rivers. It will feast or famine, but it is the Browns. I expect huge points for him this week. 

RB: Rawls and Ayaji. I don't think AP is ready to play yet. 

WR: Brown, Britt or Lockette, and I would pick up Ginn. 

I think Carolina is going air it out against Atlanta and will need to in order to stay in the game. Atlanta's pass D is ripe for shredding and Ginn has the speed to get deep. I have him going in one of my leagues and my thoughts are 100 yards and 1 TD on the day.

QB: Rivers

RB: Powell, Ajayi

WR: Brown, Lockett, Hill(the return yards bonus makes Lockett and to a lesser extent Hill tough to sit, Ginn only does punts otherwise I'd like him over Hill.)

TE: Ertz

Users who are viewing this thread