What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss TE Streaming option for week 16 (1 Viewer)

smoker

Footballguy
I have Ladarius Green most likely out and I'm looking at

Dion Simms @ Buf

Hunter Henry @ Clev

Clay @ Miami

Barnidge @ SD

Possibly Jesse James

Right now I'm leaning towards Simms, but whew... This championship decisisons

What we thinking is the right pick here?

Green owner here too. Wish I could get Clay but not an option. He'd easily be the play for me if he was available. Been producing and matchup is great. My best options are:

Ryan Griffin - if CJ is out but I'm hearing he'll play so Griffin probably won't be an option.

Gresham - not crazy about him this week. Solid floor at least but don't see much upside.

Henry - Entirely TD dependent. Hasn't had more than 3 receptions in a game since Week 6. He could definitely score again this week (outstanding matchup) but if he doesn't he definitely will kill you. As a former Henry owner who cut him for Green I know what it's like to start this guy when he doesn't score.

Sims - Pretty much a carbon copy of Hunter Henry.

Jesse James - Last ditch option I guess.

As a Gates / Reed owner I am looking at all options as well.  I cannot start Reed this week and tired of hearing about the record for Gates.  If going to happen it starts this weekend and would hate to miss it.

But some options other than above:

Burton - Look at his targets past 3 weeks, 25 targets, multiple redone targets, 14 receptions

Cook - 8 targets last week

Hoping something shakes out with Griffin/CJ but might roll Gates or Burton

Henry - Entirely TD dependent. Hasn't had more than 3 receptions in a game since Week 6. He could definitely score again this week (outstanding matchup) but if he doesn't he definitely will kill you. As a former Henry owner who cut him for Green I know what it's like to start this guy when he doesn't score.

Sims - Pretty much a carbon copy of Hunter Henry.
Simms has been getting 3,4 receptions per game lately

I have streamed Henry the last couple of weeks and it has worked out for me.  He is getting the looks in the endzone and SD's schedule has been good.

I have L. Green as well. Just picked up Griffin and Clay off waivers. My opponent has Fiedorowicz.. If CJ can't go, then it's Griffin. Otherwise will go with Charles Clay.

I am in the same boat.  I had Zach Miller most of the year and then boom...he goes on IR at the worst possible time.  I have Gary Barnidge but don't love him.  Started Henry last week and just picked up Cook, Sims and Celek (of the SF variety).  I mean who is cap going to throw the ball to?  Is there anyone left at WR or TE in SF?  He may be a very very sneaky start at TE.

Celek... interesting

Great discussion fellas.

Hope it helps me pick the right one

Still leaning towards Simms or Clay at the moment

Only a few reliable ones left it appears to me.

I played Brate in one league and he performed well, can he do it again?

In another league Graham crapped out for two weeks straight. He just seems to stay home and block on 90% of his plays???

Would you play Brate over Graham now? I'm considering it.

Oh I got something even ballsier than Celek ...

Daniel Brown.

Washington is the No. 1 TE matchup in fantasy this week. 

You want ballsy? How about a guy who's coming off a 1-catch game, hasn't topped 42 yards in any of his games and only once had more than 4 targets in a game. There's your Week 16 ballsy TE play.

I'm so damn desperate without Green and needing some upside I'm seriously considering it.  

Daniel Brown.

You want ballsy? How about a guy who's coming off a 1-catch game, hasn't topped 42 yards in any of his games and only once had more than 4 targets in a game. There's your Week 16 ballsy TE play.

I'm so damn desperate without Green and needing some upside I'm seriously considering it.  
Damn man...that would take some balls for sure.  I'm looking for 5 points at this point.  Took 1.1 I think out of Reed last week so anything is better than that...you will be new hero if you go that route and it pays off.

Damn man...that would take some balls for sure.  I'm looking for 5 points at this point.  Took 1.1 I think out of Reed last week so anything is better than that...you will be new hero if you go that route and it pays off.
I just can't get past the fact none of the TEs I listed have any real upside. I've crossed Griffin off my list with CJ back practicing. Henry and Sims are so TD-dependent that yeah it's great if they score but if not I worry they'll sink me. Gresham's probably the safest guy I could target. Would probably get me a solid 5-7 points but tough matchup and I don't see any upside.

So here am I staring at Daniel Freaking Brown and wondering how big my balls really are. 

CJ Fiedorowicz back at practice today...makes it hard to pick up Griffin.  

I'm leaning at picking up Clay or Henry 

Great thread. I have Ebron in but looking to upgrade. Trying to get Clay from waivers tonight. Think I'm also going for Griffin in case  Fiedorowitz can't go. 

Wow. Burton really should be considered here as well. Is this real?  How is he getting so many targets. I thought Ertz was the guy in Philly. 

Have Walker and will probably start him. Dropped Green and picked up Clay and Henry as options and to block my opponent who has Reed.

Love the targets for Burton but 2 catches for 2 yards in Week 15 and a Thursday night game scaring me off him. He did put up 3-55-0 in the first game against the Giants, though, so yeah he probably should be in the mix here even as his team's No. 2 TE. 

I dropped Ladarius as this is Super Bowl week and I don't see him playing. I have CJ Fiedorowicz and Dion Simms as my starters this week because Jordan Reed is also injured. The only other options are Jesse James (but playing Baltimore) and AJ Derby (in KC). I'm not buying into Trey Burton and Giants D has done well. Maybe Goff and the passing game can come to life against SF and Kendricks will get some action.

Daniel Brown.

Put the pipe down -)

I am a Reed owner. My other TE is Vernon Davis. Should I just go with Davis or get one of the guys listed in this thread?

What about Gary Barnidge? He's on the wire. Noticed SD has consistently given up point to TE's

hmmmm

What about Gary Barnidge? He's on the wire. Noticed SD has consistently given up point to TE's

hmmmm
I'm looking at him as well due to Eifert missing practice today.  His small sample size with Griffin at QB isn't too encouraging though.  I also just read that although he had 9 TDs last year he only has FOUR redzone targets this year.   

In a dynasty, I am picking between Sims, Celek, D. Brown, Gresham, and Griffin with Green out (and a couple other TEs on IR). Clay would be a slam dunk choice if he were available.

I picked up Griffin during waivers, but with CJF back I am actually leaning towards Brown, with Sims a close 2nd. Brown has been on the field as the full-time starter the last couple weeks, and Washington has been terrible at covering TEs of late. 

Last edited by a moderator:
In a dynasty, I am picking between Sims, Celek, D. Brown, Gresham, and Griffin with Green out (and a couple other TEs on IR). Clay would be a slam dunk choice if he were available.

I picked up Griffin during waivers, but with CJF back I am actually leaning towards Brown, with Sims a close 2nd. Brown has been on the field as the full-time starter the last couple weeks, and Washington has been terrible at covering TEs of late. 
You like Clay this week more than the other 'gems' on the WW?  I could go with Clay, Henry, or Griffin (leaning against him with CJF back at practice)

Clay offers the best floor and upside of those guys. Griffin is a great option if CJF were to sit, but with that looking unlikely he seems about the same as other TD dependant guys. He was playing under 50% of snaps when CJF was healthy. 

I'm going with Clay this week for the simple fact that it's a revenge game for him against his former team.

DocHolliday said:
Great thread. I have Ebron in but looking to upgrade. Trying to get Clay from waivers tonight. Think I'm also going for Griffin in case  Fiedorowitz can't go. 

Wow. Burton really should be considered here as well. Is this real?  How is he getting so many targets. I thought Ertz was the guy in Philly. 

Player

TM

Wk13

Wk14

Wk15

Targ

T/TmG

T/G

REC

YD

Y/R

TD

Rec%

Zach Ertz

PHI

Kyle Rudolph

MIN

Trey Burton

PHI

smoker said:
Put the pipe down -)
But it feels sooooooooooooo good. :)

Seriously, I'm considering it and here's why.

I've listed all the other options I'm considering. None are clear standout options. All have flaws of some kind. Either they lack a high upside like Gresham or they could kill me if they don't score a TD like Henry and to a slightly lesser extent Sims. So if 5-6 points is not the possible, if not highly probable, outcome here what am I losing? Sure I guess Sims could wrack up another 2-TD game and that sure would suck but if people thought that was seriously possible he'd be viewed as a slam-dunk Top 10 TE play this week. Even if Henry scores again that usually means he gets closer to 9-10 points instead of 2-3. It's not like he's been dropping 15-20 point games on folks.

Every TE option comes with some warts of some kind or some reason why they're sitting on the WW in Week 16. Brown may be a completely ridiculous idea and I don't dispute the fact it's a HUGE reach. But there isn't a TE in fantasy with a better matchup this week. Washington is being killed by TEs and if Norman takes out Jeffery as expected then that could open up some targets for somebody else besides Meredith or Thompson or Howard/RBs.

I know I shouldn't do it. I know it's probably a really bad idea. But I keep looking at the available TEs and the points I'm going to lose without Green and I keep wondering what's stopping me from taking a shot. Two games ago, Brown did put up 10 points in PPR so it's not like he's been a complete bum. It's just that game is the clear outlier of his season production to date and not one that's been repeated.  

Cant disagree with the numbers Washington has given up to the TE.  Philly TE's had 19 receptions two weeks ago.  Might be onto something.  AND, they say Barkley is the real deal in Chicago

Slow work day... Here are total TE pt averages for the season, last 3, and last 5 games for a PPR league (pulled from RT, I just averaged). Currently sorted based on last 5 games average. I highlighted some of the options that have been discussed (or I considered).

Brown is looking awfully enticing, especially considering the tough draw for other full-time guys available in my league (Sims, Gresham, Celek). 

Team

Season Avg

Avg Last 3

Avg Last 5

Wk 16

WAS

@CHI

DAL

DET

CAR

ATL

MIA

@BUF

NYJ

@NWE

ATL

@CAR

CIN

@HOU

BAL

@PIT

NYG

@PHI

CLE

SDG

NE

NYJ

OAK

IND

DET

@DAL

SD

@CLE

TB

@NOR

JAX

TEN

PIT

BAL

GB

MIN

IND

@OAK

LA

SFO

DEN

@KAN

NO

TAM

CHI

WAS

MIN

@GNB

SF

@LAR

SEA

ARI

BUF

MIA

TEN

@JAC

KC

DEN

HOU

CIN

PHI

NYG

ARI

@SEA

I am a Reed owner. My other TE is Vernon Davis. Should I just go with Davis or get one of the guys listed in this thread?
I am in the same boat as you are, Fariq. The best scenario is Reed sits and we start Davis. If Reed plays I don't see him being effective. He looked horrible last game. I am definitely worried about my TE situation this week and my waiver wire options are pitiful. 

I sure thought Jimmy Graham and Tyler Eifert were bulletproof a few weeks back. Unfortunately I am seeing both ranked outside the top 12-15 this week so it's surprising to me that I am looking and reading this thread but all bets are off for Championship Week.

I hope nobody thinks it's nuts to consider some of the names you all are tossing around but Graham 2 duds in a row and I might flex Lockett, that's how bad it's been. Eifert seems to have a bad back. I think he wasn't practicing. 

NFL.com

Dion Sims vs. Buffalo Bills

Chasing fantasy points at the tight end position can often times be futile, and that's what you'll be doing if you start Sims against the Bills. While he has scored four times in his last four games, Sims needs to find the end zone to be productive. Buffalo has allowed just three scores to tight ends all season, so Sims is a real fantasy risk.

I've had TE troubles all year: Julius Thomas, Doyle, Rodgers, Zach Miller, Fiedorowicz, Doyle part II, etc. 

Most of the guys mentioned previously were available. I went Clay. Recent success and Miami looks generous to tight ends. Hoping for a half-dozen points or more. 

Any CJ owners that's starting him this week kind of worried about any chemistry issues with Savage as the new QB? He got all those looks with Brock.

Any CJ owners that's starting him this week kind of worried about any chemistry issues with Savage as the new QB? He got all those looks with Brock.
That's why I didn't pick him up. Different QB; different dynamic. Could still be great, so I can see why people would start him. I just didn't want to take the risk in week 16.

I would be plenty confident in CJ. He's been doing it all year, typically plays 70% of snaps, and the Bengals are terrible against TEs. 

Surprised I will be the first to point it out, but look for Ed Dickson to do some work with or without Olsen this week.
Atlanta, a banged up Olsen? Could do way worse.

Picked up Griffin, but with CJ looking to play I am not so confident.  Problem is my other choices are really not that good either.

Griffin, Doyle, Gresham, Tye......

Leaning towards Doyle, but Tye is tempting as I am starting Eli and I am an underdog.  A Tye TD would be huge...

I'll need to make a decision on Tye tonight.

I am in a similar boat.  I have been struggling at TE all year.  Drafted gates. Picked up Henry. Dropped gates when he was still hurt and Henry was emerging. Henry cooled off and I have been streaming since.  Thought Ladarius Green was finally the answer...

now in the championship, - true 50/50 match up, am deciding between ebron, clay, and simms.  

Ebron seems to have the the highest ceiling, but he also has a low floor and has completely disappeared for whole games and large stretches of games.  For those of you saying clay is a slam dunk... why?  He has been mediocre at best most of the year, although he has put together a good strong recently. Very few tds this year and in buffalo against a weak Miami rush defense, buffalo may not throw much.  What do you guys see as being the game script for Mia @ buff?  (Similarly I am deciding between tyrod Taylor and Matt Moore for my second Qb)

I am in a similar boat.  I have been struggling at TE all year.  Drafted gates. Picked up Henry. Dropped gates when he was still hurt and Henry was emerging. Henry cooled off and I have been streaming since.  Thought Ladarius Green was finally the answer...

now in the championship, - true 50/50 match up, am deciding between ebron, clay, and simms.  

Ebron seems to have the the highest ceiling, but he also has a low floor and has completely disappeared for whole games and large stretches of games.  For those of you saying clay is a slam dunk... why?  He has been mediocre at best most of the year, although he has put together a good strong recently. Very few tds this year and in buffalo against a weak Miami rush defense, buffalo may not throw much.  What do you guys see as being the game script for Mia @ buff?  (Similarly I am deciding between tyrod Taylor and Matt Moore for my second Qb)
Great.  Now I am questioning my Clay over Ebron decision.  I like Ebron and he is ranking higher at most FF sites.  However, as you pointed out, Ebron does disappear for large stretches of games.  I assume that is to stay in and block.  I have a feeling Ebron will be blocking more this week.  It is just a feeling. 

I like Clay due to the lack of other receiving options in Buffalo. 

Great.  Now I am questioning my Clay over Ebron decision.  I like Ebron and he is ranking higher at most FF sites.  However, as you pointed out, Ebron does disappear for large stretches of games.  I assume that is to stay in and block.  I have a feeling Ebron will be blocking more this week.  It is just a feeling. 

I like Clay due to the lack of other receiving options in Buffalo. 
A potential tie breaker toward ebron: if you have no one else playing Monday night it keeps hope alive longer and gives you something to root for. Ebron also has tended to have bigger games on the road.  Dallas is not great against tight ends. 

On the the other hand, clay has just had his best two games of the season   He seems to be doing better since Watkins came back and (clay) is  now apparently fully healthy.  Have his circumstances changed so he is a better start, or is starting clay after two good games chasing points?

Slow work day... Here are total TE pt averages for the season, last 3, and last 5 games for a PPR league (pulled from RT, I just averaged). Currently sorted based on last 5 games average. I highlighted some of the options that have been discussed (or I considered).

Brown is looking awfully enticing, especially considering the tough draw for other full-time guys available in my league (Sims, Gresham, Celek). 

Team

Season Avg

Avg Last 3

Avg Last 5

Wk 16

WAS

@CHI

DAL

DET

CAR

ATL

MIA

@BUF

NYJ

@NWE

ATL

@CAR

CIN

@HOU

BAL

@PIT

NYG

@PHI

CLE

SDG

NE

NYJ

OAK

IND

DET

@DAL

SD

@CLE

TB

@NOR

JAX

TEN

PIT

BAL

GB

MIN

IND

@OAK

LA

SFO

DEN

@KAN

NO

TAM

CHI

WAS

MIN

@GNB

SF

@LAR

SEA

ARI

BUF

MIA

TEN

@JAC

KC

DEN

HOU

CIN

PHI

NYG

ARI

@SEA
I'm about 95% in on Brown right now. The good news is it doesn't look like anyone else in my league will be making TE moves before Saturday so I can take some more time to analyze things further. Also, I doubt anyone in my league has Brown on their radar. Guessing it'll be guys like Henry, Gresham or Sims who will be picked up if any TE moves are made.  

This is nuts.

Waiting as well packers fan.  we get one move today and then Saturday opens up.  Not one option says you have to grab today so going in another direction for now.  

Team

Season Avg

Avg Last 3

Avg Last 5

Wk 16

WAS

@CHI

DAL

DET

CAR

ATL

MIA

@BUF

NYJ

@NWE

ATL

@CAR

CIN

@HOU

BAL

@PIT

NYG

@PHI

CLE

SDG

NE

NYJ

OAK

IND

DET

@DAL

SD

@CLE

TB

@NOR

JAX

TEN

PIT

BAL

GB

MIN

IND

@OAK

LA

SFO

DEN

@KAN

NO

TAM

CHI

WAS

MIN

@GNB

SF

@LAR

SEA

ARI

BUF

MIA

TEN

@JAC

KC

DEN

HOU

CIN

PHI

NYG

ARI

@SEA
Thanks for this.  Combined with the info here: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/fantasy-points-against-TE.htm for Fantasy Points per game allowed for the opponent.

I then weighted them both evenly.

Team

Season Avg

Avg Last 3

Avg Last 5

Wk 16

FantPt/Game

Overall Rank

WAS

@CHI

DAL

DET

CAR

ATL

ATL

@CAR

SD

@CLE

MIA

@BUF

BAL

@PIT

NYJ

@NWE

NE

NYJ

OAK

IND

DET

@DAL

CLE

SDG

CHI

WAS

CIN

@HOU

TB

@NOR

IND

@OAK

JAX

TEN

MIN

@GNB

NYG

@PHI

HOU

CIN

GB

MIN

BUF

MIA

LA

SFO

PIT

BAL

NO

TAM

DEN

@KAN

SF

@LAR

PHI

NYG

TEN

@JAC

KC

DEN

ARI

@SEA

SEA

ARI

With this info and my limited options, I am taking Tye out of the running.  NYG have a decent number, but PHI doesn't allow many TE points.

Pitta looks like a decent option, the highest to what is available to me, but he's killed me the last 2 weeks.  Brown looks good, just not sure if I could pull the trigger on that.  Looks like I may pick up Doyle and drop Griffin if CJ looks to play.

Users who are viewing this thread