What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 Questions for Bloom (1 Viewer)

Hi Bloom. Last dance...

Need to start 2 of these 4 in .5ppr league. Obviously lots on the line....

Bilal Powell

DeAndre Hopkins

Thomas Rawls

Jeremy Hill

Appreciate the help, this week and all year long. Happy holiday and new year. Enjoy the games!

0.5 PPR - Any changes you'd make here? Guys in bold are who I'm currently starting. Guys in italics are on the other options on my bench.

QB: Big Ben 
Winston

RB: Gurley
RB: J.Howard

Powell, L.Miller

WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Julio Jones

Malcolm Mitchell, Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans

FLEX: Mike Evans
Powell, L.Miller, M.Mitchell, T.Hill, Jimmy Graham

TE: Travis Kelce
Jimmy Graham

I'm driving myself crazy over a week 16 starting D/ST.

The league allows graded scoring for both yardage allowed (<200= +3 ... 450+= -3) and points allowed (shutout= +10, <7= +3 .... 35+= -3), but otherwise it's typical D/ST scoring (return TDs count for the D/ST)

I have these four to choose from:

• Seattle (home vs. ARZ)
  • Los Angeles (home vs SF)
  • Green Bay (home vs MIN)
  • Tennessee (road at JAX)
Also..same team (no PPR)....

With AJ Green back this week, I can only start 3 of these guys in my WR/Flex spots:

• AJ Green (road at HOU)
  • Tyrell Williams (road at CLE)
  • Ty Montgomery (home vs MIN) ... he only has WR eligibility in my league not that it matters
  • Demaryius Thomas (road at KC)
  • Rishard Matthews (road at JAX)
I pretty much have Thomas & Montgomery as must starts from this group.  Do I start AJ Green too?  I am leaning against it at the moment, but would appreciate your thoughts on the top 3 from this group.  I'll assume you agree that Montgomery and Thomas are in the Top 3 unless you state otherwise.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

#readthe####ingbook

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloom, i've had the same problem for several weeks in a 0.5 ppr league.  I'm in the championship and i have to choose between:

Devante Adams

Michael Thomas

Rishard Matthews.

Based on myfbg rankings, you've got Thomas well ahead of Adams and  Matthews.

I've chosen wrong every week.  The guy i choose, puts up 5 points and the other two always put up 10 and 20 points respectively.  Any suggestions this week?  It's driving me insane and i think this decision will be the driving force between a win and a loss.

Also, Big Ben or Jameis (I saw this asked earlier).  Tremblay and Dodds have Jameis way higher than you do.  Any reason you think Winston does poorly or is it based on the last game they had against the Saints?

Thanks!

TE quandary.  Need to pick from ebron, clay and sims.  Ironically, you have the three projected at an identical 9.2 PPR points.  I am in a dead even matchup.  So need a good combo of floor and ceiling. 

QB:. Need 2 of manning, tyrod And Matt Moore

for both questions, game script of Mia @ buf is crucial. 

Non ppr.  

Starting rivers,bell, Bennet

pick 1 rb - ware, Rawls, farrow

pick 2 WRs- cooks, Julio, Mitchell, jefferey, Inman, tywill, djax, lockett

One flex from above two lists 

chargers or bills  

.5ppr, 5pt bonus for 100yds rushing or receiving, 300 yds passing. 

QB - Stafford,Mariota, Barkley

RB - Bell, Ajayi, Ware, Blount, Farrow

WR - Odell, Julio, TY Montgomery, Maclin, C. Coleman, Moncrief, Ginn, Sanu

TE - Brate, Eifert

Flex- Ware

Starters in bold, I think the flex and what to do with Julio are the key ones.  Tough to sit Blount.  

Thanks for the dedication with this thread all year.  

Looking for all the opinions I can get to weigh for my decisions.  Thanks in advance!

1) Std League, championship  Need 1 TE, 1 Flex:  

Two factors to consider:  

• Overall, I should be favored based on year-to-date performance, although the other guy has had a couple good weeks in the playoffs and would have outscored me last two weeks
  • I will be starting Luck AND Hilton from Indy already, if that matters re: Gore
Delanie Walker, Kyle Rudolph, Frank Gore, Spencer Ware 

2) Full point PPR league : i am completely flummoxed by this team all year.   need 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX

This isn't a championship game but i can make some hay if I outscore another team by a fair amount of points, so I need to go a bit more for upside in this one

RBs: Ty Montgomery, Latavius Murray,  Kenneth Farrow, Mark Ingram, Spencer Ware

WRs: Julio**, Alshon, Malcolm Mitchell, Donte Moncrief**, Steve Smith, Sammy Watkins

TEs: Kelce, Rudolph

** if they play, can I trust them? What is alternative if they don't play?

Howdy Sig,

Thanks a ton for your insight this year!

12 team 0.5 ppr, I need someone for my final flex spot.  I'm having difficulty choosing between these not-so-exciting choices:

Lamar Miller - decent matchup, but is he hurt?  Not a lot of ceiling here, but maybe a good floor (if he plays).

Stefon Diggs - decent matchup, but is he hurt?  Hasn't done much lately and seems to have been passed up in the pecking order in a bad offense..

Taylor Gabriel - decent matchup, but is he hurt?  And what effect does Julio's return have?

Malcolm Mitchell - good matchup, nice history vs. the Jets, but how much will he be needed if the Pats destroy the Jets early?

Tyler Lockett - Great ceiling, but also capable of putting up a big fat zero.  Does Patrick Peterson draw him?

Full PPR.

So far starting
QB- Brees
RB- E. Elliot
RB- Ty Montgomery

But I need to start 3 WR out of the following, and can't seem to trust any of them. What would you recommend.

Doug Baldwin Sea - WR
Sammy Watkins Buf - WR
Stefon Diggs Min - WR
Allen Robinson Jax - WR
Randall Cobb GB - WR
Terrelle Pryor Sr. Cle - WR
Tyler Lockett Sea - WR
Cameron Meredith Chi - WR

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Good morning Sig!

.5 PPR - I need to start 2 WR below

AJ  

Jeffery 

Jordan Matthews 

Diggs

Waiver - Mitchell, Meredith, and Robby Anderson are my best options

Luckily my other positions are solid - Brees, Bell, Murray and Howard are in my starting lineup and they have good match ups.

Thanks!

You've got me this far. Let's finish this

Here's my opponents lineup;

Cousins vs CHI (Dak on bench) 
Gurley vs SF
Shady vs MIA
Dez vs DET
Sanders vs KC
M. Thomas vs TB
Brate vs NO
Chiefs DST vs DEN
Tucker vs PIT 

So that's my championship opponent. I need your help One last time.

Last time Brees played TB they man handled him. Do I look for someone else? If so, who? 

Pick 2; Elliot vs DET, Powell vs NE, Farrow vs CLE, Montgomery vs MIN (also can play at WR), Lewis vs NYJ

Pick 3; Montgomery vs MIN, DT vs KC, Williams vs CLE, Moncrief vs OAK, Robinson vs TEN, Gabriel vs CAR, Mitchell vs NYJ, Anderson vs NE

Pick 1; Ertz vs NYG or Gates vs CLE

Pick 1; Gostkowski vs NYJ, Sturgis vs NYG, Prater vs DAL

$500 on the line. You see my opponents lineup. Who wins? 

Hey Sig, 

You've helped me get this far, now it's time to finish. I lost Gordon and AJ Green, and had to drop Green for Lockett to get out of round one by 0.5 points:

1. In PPR, I need 1 WR and 2 WR/RB flex from:

- Malcolm Mitchell
- Tyler Lockett
- Davante Adams
- Robby Anderson
- Robert Kelley
- Spencer Ware
- Dion Lewis

2. I need a defense in the league where all socks/turnovers count for 2 points:

- San Diego
- Green Bay

Thanks, and have a wonderful and safe holiday season!

DR

Bloom I'm in a Standard league.  I need three WR, a RB2 and Flex from:

Hilton @ Oak

A. Cooper vs Ind

Davante Adams vs Minn

D. Moncrief @ Oak

M. Mitchell vs NYJ

T. Lockett vs Ariz

Ryan Mathews vs NYG

Kenneth Farrow @ Clev

Thank you and best of luck.

Hi Bloom,

12 team, non-PPR.  

Cam or Jameis. 

Need 3: J Stew, Gore, R Kelley, J Hill

Need 1: Kendricks, Fiedorwicz, R Griffin, J Doyle, D Allen, Gresham, Sims, J Cook

Thank you!

Sig,

I've got one roster transaction left to burn in a 12-team short bench PPR (1 pt per 10 rushing/receiving yards, 6 pts per TD, 1 pt per rec.)

My Roster, bolded players are my current starters, probably subject to change 10-20 times before kickoff on Saturday...:

QB: Wilson, Stafford

RB: Bell, Hyde, Kelley, DWill (having a tough decision between Hyde and Kelley)

WR: Nuke, Gabriel, Tyrell Williams, Mike Thomas

TE:  Eifert, Jimmy Graham (amazed that this tandem combined for 5 pts last week...)

DEF:  Tampa

K: McManus

Intriguing Waiver guys include:

Lockett, NY Giants DEF, Nick Novak

Don't like McManus kicking in KC as much as I like Novak with Savior Savage possibly rescuing the Texans' Offense (5 pts for FGs over 50, 4 pts for FGs over 40)

Don't like Tampa the second time around in NO, Giants looking strong but Thursday Night Road teams typically don't fair too well (standard points DEF scoring but get 1 point per 3 and out) 

Like picking up Lockett, not sure which WR to Drop, can only have 4 WRs on the roster, and don't know who I would bench to start him.

Would you pick one of these guys up over my current players?

Also, am I crazy to believe in Nuke again with Savage playing the whole game?

Are there any other guys you would start instead?

Thanks again Sig for another awesome season!

Hey Bloom, thanks for all the help this year!!!
The other guys team is stacked, makes my team look like the washington generals playing against the globetrotters, gotta hope for a miracle!

QB Stafford or palmer or pick up Barkley?

RB BELL

RB Howard

WR Beckham

WR

TE  Brate or Reed

Flex

Help me fill in the rest of the blanks

Bench: Lamar Miller, cooks, micheal thomas, marvin jones.

Available: Meredith, Hogan, anderson

Siggy Smalls, thanks for all you do! Your calls for me are hovering around 80% correct :)

.5 ppr 

Amari Cooper, Jeremy hill or fat Rob Kelley?

olson, brate or eifert

big Ben or staffordi

STANDARD1 bench zeke for bilal Powell or golden Tate?

STANDARD 2 pick two dez, Tate, Tyrell Williams or Farrow

you are the man, I listen to many pods but FBG is my first and favorite every week. Keep up the great work cabron. 

Championship in 2 PPR leagues, thanks for all the help:

League 1 PPR  - Sit 1 of these (favored to win):

• A. Cooper vs. IND
  • D. Thomas @ KC
  • M. Thomas vs. TB

League 2 PPR – Sit 2 (even projection):

• J. Landry @ BUF
  • L. Fitzgerald @ SEA
  • T. Gabriel @ CAR
  • M. Mitchell vs. NYJ
  • T. Lockett vs. ARI
  • R. Anderson @ NE (if Petty plays)

League 2 PPR – Pick 1 (even projection):

• Davis (if Reed out) @ CHI
  • Ebron @ DAL
  • Simms @ BUF
  • Clay vs. MIA

Thanks Bloom, always appreciated.

Full PPR, I need 3 of these 4 WR's:

Meredith, Fitzgerald, Montgomery and Allen Robinson....

And 1 TE from these options:

Reed, Vernon, Doyle, Jesse and Cook......

Thanks Sig,FPC scoring:

Need one of the following:

A.Jeffrey vs Wash

M.Lee vs Tenn

A.Thielen @ GB

And one of the following:

M.Ingram vs TB

T.Coleman @ Car

T.Hightower vs TB

M.Mitchell vs NYJ

A.Gates @ Cleve

J.Cook vs Minn

Championship week!  Thank you for all you did for us this year Bloom.

Half PPR league.  Need 2 WRs and a flex out of these guys:

AJ Green

Alshon

ARob

Tyrell Williams

Inman

Kenneth Farrow

Dion Lewis

Same league, lost LGreen, need to pick up one of these TEs to start:  CJ Fed, Ryan Griffin, Hunter Henry, Jesse James, Doyle, DAllen, Will Tye, JGresham, LKendricks, Barnidge...

2QB league, .5pts per completion, 6pts per TD

I'm starting Rodgers, should I start Flacco or Barkley as my #2?

Championship game:

Should i be bold and start Farrow as my RB2 over Kelley?

Eli Rogers or Landry (or the other RB above) as my flex?

For my defense: Miami or SD?

Hi Sigmund,

Please help me pick 3 from the following in a PPR:  Ty Montgomery at Min, Jay Ajayi at Buf, Latavius Murray vs Ind, Doug Baldwin vs AZ, Michael Crabtree vs Ind

To complicate things, this is a 20 team league consisting of 2 10 team conferences with independent player pools so there is potential for my opponent to have some of the same players as me in the Super Bowl.  Both my opponent and I have OBJ, Latavius Murray, Olsen and Hopkins (K) effectively cancelling them out.  Usually, I shy away from having 2 players from the same team in my starting lineup, like Murray and Crabtree, but in this scenario one of them is cancelled out by my opponent.  Also, I'm struggling with if it's better to cancel out his players or go with someone else that I hope can outscore them.  My other players starting will be Brees, Zeke and the Seattle D...my opponent's are Cousins, L Bell, B Cooks, Steve Smith and the Ravens D.  Don't know if that will affect your answer but just wanted you to have all the info that is swirling around in my head and driving me mad :)  

Thanks for all your help all season that has gotten me to this point.   

non-ppr

Pick 2 of the 4:

Cooks vs TB / Ingram vs TB / Monty vs Min / Ware vs Den

Pick 1 (3 throwing TD / 0 pts for Int and fumbles) 

Wilson vs Ari / Winston @ NO

Thanks for doing this all these weeks.

Full PPR

I need 2 WR and 2 Flex: (Bolded who I have currently)

WR: Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, Michael Crabtree, Deandre Hopkins

RB: Bilal Powell, Jay Ajayi

Stick to that or go a different direction?

Different league, STD scoring:

Need 1 flex and 2 WR, current starters in bold.

WR: AJ Green, Alshon Jeffery, Michael Thomas, DeSean Jackson

RB: Kenneth Dixon, Dion Lewis

Can I trust Jordan Reed?  I can pick up Hunter Henry, Griffin, Cook on the WW.

PPR league. 

Need two of these options:

* D. Jackson @CHI -- Been hot. J. Reed's demise has coincided with D. Jackson's consistency. Maybe more of the same? CHI does seem to limit the big play a bit.

* T. Williams @CLE -- Seems like a great matchup, but CLE has actually limited perimeter WRs. And, he's been stumbling a bit down the stretch.

* S. Smith @PIT -- He's done nothing against PIT for years and PIT seems strong against the pass.

Which two?

Thanks

1 PPR

1 point per 10 yards

10 points per TD

I need to pick two of the following:

AJ Green

Robert Kelley

Tyrell Williams

Michael Thomas

Hi Bloom. Last dance...

Need to start 2 of these 4 in .5ppr league. Obviously lots on the line....

Bilal Powell

DeAndre Hopkins

Thomas Rawls

Jeremy Hill

Appreciate the help, this week and all year long. Happy holiday and new year. Enjoy the games!
powell and hill

0.5 PPR - Any changes you'd make here? Guys in bold are who I'm currently starting. Guys in italics are on the other options on my bench.

QB: Big Ben 
Winston

RB: Gurley
RB: J.Howard

Powell, L.Miller

WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Julio Jones

Malcolm Mitchell, Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans

FLEX: Mike Evans
Powell, L.Miller, M.Mitchell, T.Hill, Jimmy Graham

TE: Travis Kelce
Jimmy Graham
i think id go powell over gurley. gurley does have an enticing ceiling, wont talk you out of him. 

Pick 2:  Michael Thomas, Tyrell Williams, AJ Green, Lockett

Pick 1:  Jason Witten, Eric Ebron, Jordan Reed - or your fav. TE ranked outside the top 8.

Pick 1:  San Diego or Tenn

Thanks!

I'm driving myself crazy over a week 16 starting D/ST.

The league allows graded scoring for both yardage allowed (<200= +3 ... 450+= -3) and points allowed (shutout= +10, <7= +3 .... 35+= -3), but otherwise it's typical D/ST scoring (return TDs count for the D/ST)

I have these four to choose from:

• Seattle (home vs. ARZ)
  • Los Angeles (home vs SF)
  • Green Bay (home vs MIN)
  • Tennessee (road at JAX)
Also..same team (no PPR)....

With AJ Green back this week, I can only start 3 of these guys in my WR/Flex spots:

• AJ Green (road at HOU)
  • Tyrell Williams (road at CLE)
  • Ty Montgomery (home vs MIN) ... he only has WR eligibility in my league not that it matters
  • Demaryius Thomas (road at KC)
  • Rishard Matthews (road at JAX)
I pretty much have Thomas & Montgomery as must starts from this group.  Do I start AJ Green too?  I am leaning against it at the moment, but would appreciate your thoughts on the top 3 from this group.  I'll assume you agree that Montgomery and Thomas are in the Top 3 unless you state otherwise.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

#readthe####ingbook
matthews* in. TEN D read icculus

Bloom, i've had the same problem for several weeks in a 0.5 ppr league.  I'm in the championship and i have to choose between:

Devante Adams

Michael Thomas

Rishard Matthews.

Based on myfbg rankings, you've got Thomas well ahead of Adams and  Matthews.

I've chosen wrong every week.  The guy i choose, puts up 5 points and the other two always put up 10 and 20 points respectively.  Any suggestions this week?  It's driving me insane and i think this decision will be the driving force between a win and a loss.

Also, Big Ben or Jameis (I saw this asked earlier).  Tremblay and Dodds have Jameis way higher than you do.  Any reason you think Winston does poorly or is it based on the last game they had against the Saints?

Thanks!
thomas locks in the high scoring ceiling of the TB-NO matchup and setting, thomas usually gets enough volume to ensure a high ceiling. adams might have as high a ceiling, but a lower floor. Matthews is a mixed bag with a potential low volume pass O.

winston has been overseeing a more conservative offense lately. lots of futile martin runs and teams blanketing evans. saints D is suspect, but so is winston. ben at home has been money.

1st, thanks for all the help throughout the year. not just here, but on the podcasts, etc....

Question 1 - which DST:

• GB vs. MIN
  • TEN @ JAX
Question 2 - .5PPR league, need help with my Flex (WR2 if Julio doesn't play as well) - Please rank top 2:

• Farrow @ CLE
  • Ingram vs. TB 
  • Tyrell Williams @ CLE
  • Snead vs TB
  • Lockett vs. ARI

Question 3a - non-PPR, WR2 (pick 1):

• Gabirel @ CAR
  • Nuk vs. CIN
  • Malcom Mitchell vs. NYJ (opponent has Brady)
  • Robby Anderson @ NE
Question 3b - non-ppr. Flex help (Pick 1):

• Rawls vs. ARI
  • Farrow @ CLE
  • the remaining WR's from above
Thanks again and Happy Holidays!

Thanks Bloom !!

TD only league , 16 team's 

need to start  2 RB/ 2 WR , any advice would be appreciated 

RB 

Blount / Henry / Murray / Mcfadden

WR 

Bryant / Hilton/ Inman / J Mathews 

seems like henry has taken  over goal line duties 

thanks for your help 

Hi Sig!

4 Part question for all the marbles!

1/ San Diego @ Cleveland or Green Bay vs Minnesota

2/ K.Dixon or J.Forsett?

3/ Please rank Cameron Meredith, Allen Robinson + Marquise Lee

4/ Would you consider playing a combo of Meredith + Robinson (I love their matches) over a mediocre rb like Forsett or Dixon at flex?

Thanks in advance!!!

Thx as always Sig :)

My question is which of these at flex.

Scoring: all rush/rec TDs are 6.

WR get 1 point per 25 combined rush/rec yards starting at 50.  For TEs it starts at 25 yards.

WR/TE get 1 point per reception startiny with the 6th.  (i.e. 9 receptions = 4 points)

With this is mind should I go with Ty Montgomery or Martellus Bennett?

Thx!

-QG

PPR with 100 yard bonus (3 points)

J. Matthews, T.Hill, M.Mitchell. Pick 2 of those. I have Brady as my QB.

Happy Holidays Bloom!

Users who are viewing this thread