What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Doug Martin out today (1 Viewer)

Rodgers likely gets his snaps. Sims plays his normal role plus a little extra early down work. 

No idea what's going on. Didn't hear anything all week. 

Disciplinary most likely. DOUG got his money. 

So what's the desperation play? Quiz, D Washington (det), or Blue? Rolling with blue for now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So what's the desperation play? Quiz, D Washington (det), or Blue? Rolling with blue for now. 
I'd play Quiz, but only because I've never been terribly impressed with Blue.  Quiz performed more than admirably the last time Martin was out.  And, I would think the NO/TB game will be higher scoring than HOU/CIN.  Just my opinion. 

Not that anyone's cares but this one hurts. Damn you afternoon xmas dinner!! Damn you Tampa bay!! This will cost me the super bowl :-( 

Not that anyone's cares but this one hurts. Damn you afternoon xmas dinner!! Damn you Tampa bay!! This will cost me the super bowl :-( 
Same thing happened to a guy in my big money league.  Hasn't lost yet but likely will.

I caught this on the crawl at the bottom of the NFL channel right before I left my house yesterday; made a switch to Tate on MNF.  Don't know if it will matter, but 6 minutes later; & i would have had a zero, too.  No warning, still no real explanation. Weird.

Anyone know if he has a contract that would allow the Bucs to cut him? This has to be a pretty serious to thing for the Bucs, fighting for a playoff spot, to hold him out. 

Anyone know if he has a contract that would allow the Bucs to cut him? This has to be a pretty serious to thing for the Bucs, fighting for a playoff spot, to hold him out. 
From what I pulled up,  it says that Martin is due a 7mil base salary in '17 and the entire 7mil would be a dead-cap-hit. So it seems as if the Bucs are stuck with him for one more season. There's no dead-cap-hit on his contract past '17, so unless he rebounds and has a big season, it looks like next season will probably be his last in TB. 

Why not BENCH the whole offensive line. Most games I have watched. They ran ok but has game transpired, there was NO running lanes or they rotated another back. Momentum killer for a rb.

I'm hearing there is more to this story.  I don't know what yet, but it's not due to performance.

From what I pulled up,  it says that Martin is due a 7mil base salary in '17 and the entire 7mil would be a dead-cap-hit. So it seems as if the Bucs are stuck with him for one more season. There's no dead-cap-hit on his contract past '17, so unless he rebounds and has a big season, it looks like next season will probably be his last in TB. 
I checked this the other day and the only guarantees left on his deal is the $7 million base salary for 2017 as you indicated.  One way they can not be stuck with him and not suffer any dead money or cap hits is if they can find someone to take him in a trade, they'd probably have to pay something to get someone to take him instead of getting something back but I'd have to think this is something they at least kick the tires on.

I'm hearing there is more to this story.  I don't know what yet, but it's not due to performance.
Not sure if this is good or bad. But he's been the most frustrating dynasty asset. Two huge years and three bad ones. Wish he'd be consistent one way or another. 

Seems to make sense. P. Barber was active over him, right?

I own Barber in dynasty, but I'm not ready to buy that Barber offered more to the team performance-wise this week than Martin. Am I missing something? 

I caught this on the crawl at the bottom of the NFL channel right before I left my house yesterday; made a switch to Tate on MNF.  Don't know if it will matter, but 6 minutes later; & i would have had a zero, too.  No warning, still no real explanation. Weird.
I shoulda checked me phone at xmas dinner I guess. A Rogers sub and I would have won by two....#### me 

Users who are viewing this thread