What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ALIEN: Covenant. Ridley Scott movie. (Trailer #2 update) (1 Viewer)

So, is this going to be a thriller like Alien, or a shoot em up like Aliens, or a, "one time viewing," like Prometheus. 

Never look directly down into an extraterrestrial egg-pod, you dumb bastards.
:lol:  It's the sci-fi version of when the axe murderer escapes from the insane asylum next to the summer camp and everyone decides to split up and wander around the woods. 

Feels very much like a been there done that.  I think it's time to put this franchise to bed. 
This was my reaction too, was just about to post the same. What about that trailer isn't every other Alien movie we've already seen a bazillion times?  

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know so many people liked Prometheus.  Put me in the camp that thought it was pretty bad. 
I think the only reason I don't hate it was that I wanted to like it so badly. But yeah it was the suck.  Never want to see it again.

Problem was it looked like such a great premise and we all wanted it to be good, but it turned out to just be a formulaic "horror" movie.  So much potential wasted.

Problem was it looked like such a great premise and we all wanted it to be good, but it turned out to just be a formulaic "horror" movie.  So much potential wasted.
Interesting. This issue for me wasn't that it was formulaic so much as it was confusing as hell when I was watching it. I almost feel like a little formula would have helped me follow what the heck was going on. 

That one was strange.  I liked the movie, but I didn't really think it was a good movie.  Make sense??
I liked this post, but didn't think it was a good post.

I kid.

Count me as liking it, it wasn't Citizen Kane (but how many sci fi films are?).

Scott's Alien and Blade Runner are two of the greatest in the genre, so that earns him lots of good will in my book.

* I did appreciate it more after repeat viewings. Point taken you won't be magically transformed into a genius from watching it. :)  

If they make 27 Spiderman movies every year they can try and redo Alien.
LMFAO so true.

Seeing that Spiderman Homecoming trailer for the third time at Rouge One.......I am like.....really? Do people really give a #### about another Spiderman movie and a third reboot?

What a joke.

LMFAO so true.

Seeing that Spiderman Homecoming trailer for the third time at Rouge One.......I am like.....really? Do people really give a #### about another Spiderman movie and a third reboot?

What a joke.
Yes. But only because Marvel-Disney got Spiderman away from Fox.

I don't get people that didn't like Prometheus.

Hard to follow? Are you serious? I thought it rather easily explained a lot of things in the Alien universe, and did so with a decent story. Fassbender was great. The female lead was a bit weak and Theron was underused, but it was still a decent sci-fi/horror flick.

Users who are viewing this thread