What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

George Michael Dead (1 Viewer)

Didn't say how he died. Seems odd. Whatever this sucks. Rip
Peacefully at home and not under suspicious circumstances is what has been reported.   I assume this means he was sick, but I am sure more info will be provided in the coming days. 

I was a HUGE Wham! and George Michael fan.  My first concert was in August 1985 when the Whamamerica tour played to over 60,000 at the Hollywood Park racetrack.  I saw him live (sans Andrew Ridgely) several times after that.  His voice deteriorated over the years, but he always knew how to put on a show.  I always got the sense that there was something much deeper to him than the bubble gum pop he published, and his later music shows how dark he went.

I'm not surprised by the news, but I am saddened.  George flirted with death several times and almost seemed to welcome it.  I know there was a lot more he could have given to this world, and it is too bad he won't have that chance.

Just terrible.  Way too young.  It's been a brutal year.  A lot of celebs gone.  

Including Abe Vigoda.

No really, Abe Vigoda died this year.

Really, he did.

Really.

Sucks. BIL heard about it at dinner, but then said it was a hoax. I guess not. 

Rip. 

An English kid I knew in HS swore that careless whispers was the ultimate panty-dropper. His go-to music to seal the deal. I laughed, but the kid pulled a lot of tail.

Peacefully at home and not under suspicious circumstances is what has been reported.   I assume this means he was sick, but I am sure more info will be provided in the coming days. 
That's a non description in my book. No cause. 

It actually sounds suspicious to me when a man dies at age 53

As it seems to go with performers, health and/or addictions. Partying life catches up. Some dodge it like Keith Richards while others aren't built that strong to withstand years of this.

Users who are viewing this thread