What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 17 Championship --- Who Plays/Sits (1 Viewer)

Darryl Talley

Footballguy
For those us in a Week 17 championship, it's that time again to figure out who is sitting vs playing.

With the Steelers clinching of the division and third seed, I don't see Bell playing much if at all.

Deangelo Williams (facing CLE. Yum.)

Alex Collins (if Rawls is out. Facing SF.)

Corey Grant (if Ivory and Yeldon are out. Facing IND.)

Last edited by a moderator:
For those us in a Week 17 championship, it's that time again to figure out who is sitting vs playing.

With the Steelers clinching of the division and third seed, I don't see Bell playing much if at all.

Deangelo Williams (facing CLE. Yum.)

Alex Collins (if Rawls is out. Facing SF.)

Corey Grant (if Ivory and Yeldon are out. Facing IND.)
Obvious would be whichever of Alfred Morris or Darren McFadden is next in line behind Elliott.

I like the Collins call, but not sure about Bell...Tomlin hasn't been the most rational coach in that regard.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Washington give Mack Brown some more play...they know what they have in Kelley.

For the Steelers I don't think that Ben, Bell or Brown plays next week.   Ladarious Green won't play either but he probably wouldn't play anyway.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Washington give Mack Brown some more play...they know what they have in Kelley.
Agree on Mack but only if Kelley is not able to go. Critical game for the Skins to get in.

With the Dolphins in and Ajayi banged up, wouldn't surprise me to see Kenyan Drake get a long look.

May also see Paul Perkins carry the load with the Giants basically locked in.

Agree on Mack but only if Kelley is not able to go. Critical game for the Skins to get in.

With the Dolphins in and Ajayi banged up, wouldn't surprise me to see Kenyan Drake get a long look.

Correct about Mack.  I'd gotten the idea somewhere that Washington was out.  Since they will still be alive, they're not going to sit anyone.

Drake is a good call.  Not sure the Giants do anything different; they seem for some reason happy with the crazy-quilt RBBC they run every year.  I'd stay away from that backfield if I had any options.

Gase is saying he's not resting starters, but have to think Ajayi will be spelled liberally this week.

Maybe Denver gives Booker bellcow work this week? Forsett wont be there next year so why not see what the young guy can do as a feature back?

I cannot see Ajayi getting a full load under his belt. Drake and Stills look like good plays here.

Ivory looks like a lock for points in Jax.

Seattle have anything to play for?  First round bye...anything?

May have to play Baldwin regardless, but it'd be more comforting to know it wasn't Boykin slinging it to him.

Anyone that plays in a league that runs into final NFL week, you deserve what you get. Bunch of games decided by players who haven't played all year...makes sense.

Anyone that plays in a league that runs into final NFL week, you deserve what you get. Bunch of games decided by players who haven't played all year...makes sense.
It's complete BS but I can't get it voted out of my league. Every year we take a vote and it's 9-3 or 10-2 in favor of keeping it. It's usually me and one or two people who want to get rid of it. Don't understand it at all.

As far as Seattle, I believe they're still playing for the No. 2 seed so they need to win. If I'm wrong about that let me know but all of the playoff stories I've read so far indicate the Seahawks need to play on Sunday to get a first-round bye. 

Seattle gets a bye with a win and Atlanta loss. They have to keep playing.

Houston needs to get Savage reps, so they'll likely keep receivers in to get comfortable with him.

Same with Oakland and McGloin, though they also need to win to secure the division and a bye. They could also get the #1 seed.

Teams with reasons to consider resting starters are Cowboys, Giants, Dolphins and Steelers. 

I think Miami can still decide who they play next week (Houston or Pittsburgh) with a win this week. It's against New England so it seems unlikely but if the choice is facing Houston or Pittsburgh I'd think the Dolphins will be playing to win this week. 

It's complete BS but I can't get it voted out of my league. Every year we take a vote and it's 9-3 or 10-2 in favor of keeping it. It's usually me and one or two people who want to get rid of it. Don't understand it at all.

As far as Seattle, I believe they're still playing for the No. 2 seed so they need to win. If I'm wrong about that let me know but all of the playoff stories I've read so far indicate the Seahawks need to play on Sunday to get a first-round bye. 
Some people enjoy the challenge

packersfan said:

Thanks for the info.  Our league plays the final two weeks as the championship, and I'm 7 pts down going into the final weekend.  Thought for sure Pitt would have something to play for down the stretch, sucks to have Ben and Bell on the bench when the Steelers face Cleveland. 

Neil Beaufort Zod said:
Seattle gets a bye with a win and Atlanta loss. They have to keep playing.

Houston needs to get Savage reps, so they'll likely keep receivers in to get comfortable with him.

Same with Oakland and McGloin, though they also need to win to secure the division and a bye. They could also get the #1 seed.

Teams with reasons to consider resting starters are Cowboys, Giants, Dolphins and Steelers. 
All signs point to Dallas playing everyone.

Steelers have all but said they are going to sit everyone.

My gut is the Giants will play starters for momentum purposes. 

Dolphins no clue. 

packersfan said:

Same thing in one of my league's that has been around for ever.  Most everyone's responses, well we all have to deal with it so...It' $50 entry fee with a bunch of friends so not a huge deal but still annoying.  I do find it funny though that every year someone posts in the week 17 thread about how week 17 championship games stupid, it's not a real league, blah, blah, blah.  Why not just stay out of the thread?  They are not adding anything important to the conversation. 

Giants have some key injuries right now. I think they sit those guys in a meaningless game. Beckham's a little nicked right now too so he'll be the biggest one to watch there. But they're pretty banged up on defense so they could sit all their injured guys there, making Cousins an incredible Week 17 start. 

Same thing in one of my league's that has been around for ever.  Most everyone's responses, well we all have to deal with it so...It' $50 entry fee with a bunch of friends so not a huge deal but still annoying.  I do find it funny though that every year someone posts in the week 17 thread about how week 17 championship games stupid, it's not a real league, blah, blah, blah.  Why not just stay out of the thread?  They are not adding anything important to the conversation. 
Plus some of us play in year-long salary cap contests and it always includes week 17. 

Ben is definitely sitting and it sounds like Bell will too as well.  AB has some personal milestones so he may lobby for some playing time. DeAngelo Williams would be a great pickup this week against Cleveland.

I really doubt that Lamar Miller plays.  Blue did fine last week and Miller has been banged up and could use the rest.

Ben is definitely sitting and it sounds like Bell will too as well.  AB has some personal milestones so he may lobby for some playing time. DeAngelo Williams would be a great pickup this week against Cleveland.

I really doubt that Lamar Miller plays.  Blue did fine last week and Miller has been banged up and could use the rest.
Why am I seeing Toussant getting ranking higher than Williams?  Any PIT homers know who is the real #2 there?

Why am I seeing Toussant getting ranking higher than Williams?  Any PIT homers know who is the real #2 there?
Williams is definitely the #2 back in Pittsburgh.  Williams has been injured and the Steelers have bringing him on slowly so I suppose the speculation is that Toussant will get most of the work.   Williams did play a few snaps last week but didn't get a carry.   I think that Williams is going to get some work to get in game shape and could do some damage early against the Browns but that is pure speculation on my part.

ETA:  Toussant is probably the safer pick to get playing time but Williams is a much better back.

Williams is definitely the #2 back in Pittsburgh.  Williams has been injured and the Steelers have bringing him on slowly so I suppose the speculation is that Toussant will get most of the work.   Williams did play a few snaps last week but didn't get a carry.   I think that Williams is going to get some work to get in game shape and could do some damage early against the Browns but that is pure speculation on my part.

ETA:  Toussant is probably the safer pick to get playing time but Williams is a much better back.
I'm trying to pick up both and wait until I hear who's starting. Damn week 17 league, but I have a 30ish point lead for 2nd place in total points, which is 20% of the prize pool, so I want to make sure I get that. Already knocked out of the playoffs, but the drop to 3rd is steep enough to play the waivers strong.

I'm trying to pick up both and wait until I hear who's starting. Damn week 17 league, but I have a 30ish point lead for 2nd place in total points, which is 20% of the prize pool, so I want to make sure I get that. Already knocked out of the playoffs, but the drop to 3rd is steep enough to play the waivers strong.
I'm in the exact same boat. I have Big Ben and Antonio Brown. It's going to be ugly this week!

I was gonna say... I don't think I'd trust Dwill playing.  He's coming off injury and he's an important backup, I don't think he plays much, personally.

I'm still weighing how much I think Zeke is going to play.  I really think that he will have the same workload of 15 carries max, which could still be better than someone like Kenneth Dixon, who I have on the bench.

This gets messier by the day.

Wake up to a message from PFT stating that Rawls will play and actually had full practice Wednesday. Meantime  waivers ran overnight and the guy before me took Collins so I think I dodged a bullet there. But I then received A Blue, so I dodged a bullet but got a potential kick in the groin.

However, I do own Rawls but can I trust him? Seahawks need to see what they got in him this year and also to get some running rhythm going to actually convince their playoff opponents they can run the ball, so I am leaning towards him seeing 15+ carries and then AC in the 4Q.

My other start is either Zeke/Blue/M Gordon/Ajayi/Perkins. Or get Quiz off the wire.

Im playing against DJ/Blount so I cant really just go for the best floor situation which would probably be 20 yards and a TD for Zeke before he is pulled.

Gulp. I think its going to be Rawls + Blue/Quiz for me. Thats a lottery if ever I saw one.

In other news I really like A Rob again this week and stills in Miami. Not exactly wire fodder I know.

Its going to be a low scoring week with a bunch of lottery ticket scorers. Its just as hard for your opponent to win the lottery as it is for you, so just go with the guys who will be on the field and forget match ups, because a lot of DEF guys will be pulled as well during the games.

I was gonna say... I don't think I'd trust Dwill playing.  He's coming off injury and he's an important backup, I don't think he plays much, personally.
You could be right although the Steelers can't rest everyone and Dwill hasn't had any meaningful playing time since early October.  I think the Steelers would like to see him get some game time to shake off the rust before the playoffs.

Probably will bench Antonio Brown and Dez Bryant in favor of Marvin Jones and Terrance Williams.  Gotta love week 17.  

Stashed Mcfadden 3 weeks ago in case zeke rests.

need to drop 1 of them to grab Sproles, just waiting on more news

Really hoping they try to get Zeke 178 yards to break Dickerson's record

Used rest of FAAB to grab DWill this week, played it nicely had more left than eveyone else still in it.

Dropped Cooper for JJ Nelson, still looking at that, could roll Tyreek Hill out, don't trust his limited touches, fluky long td streak is bound to end,  Marquis Lee may be the play, going off last week Jag's coming back around

Not sure if I trust Meredith again this week, looking at options, Pryor may be the guy again if Kessler gets back in the against Pitt 2nd string.

Stashed Mcfadden 3 weeks ago in case zeke rests.

need to drop 1 of them to grab Sproles, just waiting on more news

Really hoping they try to get Zeke 178 yards to break Dickerson's record

Used rest of FAAB to grab DWill this week, played it nicely had more left than eveyone else still in it.

Dropped Cooper for JJ Nelson, still looking at that, could roll Tyreek Hill out, don't trust his limited touches, fluky long td streak is bound to end,  Marquis Lee may be the play, going off last week Jag's coming back around

Not sure if I trust Meredith again this week, looking at options, Pryor may be the guy again if Kessler gets back in the against Pitt 2nd string.
Is the D Will tge play here?  Isn't he coming back from injury?  

Records are nice but tge Cowboys would be foolish to try to run Zeke for 178 yards. 

Imagine Zeke got a HAS when he was on 150 yards.....

Its not worth the risk unless he rips off an 80 yarder in the first series. Even then....

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 50-50 split in touches between DWill & FitzTous at rb for Steelers this week v lowly Browns defense. 

Now you guys have me over analyzing things.   Just benched Williams for Rawls ?

Since both are the late afternoon games, I estimate I will flip them back and forth at least 6 more times before kick off's.....

Now you guys have me over analyzing things.   Just benched Williams for Rawls ?

Since both are the late afternoon games, I estimate I will flip them back and forth at least 6 more times before kick off's.....
I'm flipping between Rawls and Blue. Playing one of them alongside Quiz. Or maybe perkins. Unless Dallas say Zeke goes for the record. But what if M Gordon gets a green light? 

Head exploding. 

I've got Ryan at QB I feel good about that this week. 

WR I've got AROB Evans and Stills with Watkins and Meredith on the bench. 

The backs are the issue this week. 

Hang on. Now I'm back onto Perkins. 

I'm flipping between Rawls and Blue. Playing one of them alongside Quiz. Or maybe perkins. Unless Dallas say Zeke goes for the record. But what if M Gordon gets a green light? 

Head exploding. 

I'll see your conundrum and raise:

WR 1 and 2 are set as is RB 1, but....

Currently have Sanders in as my WR3 with E. Rogers on the bench.   Neither are exciting options due to their respective QB's (Paxson / Lynch and Roth likely sitting).   Gotta start one (or go back to Williams but he is my fallback to sit Rawls)....

F*** week 17.   It can go play by the railroad tracks.....

Head exploding. 

BTW, if Rawls is active he does have a juicy match up against SF - probably the better play over Blue....

I'll see your conundrum and raise:

WR 1 and 2 are set as is RB 1, but....

Currently have Sanders in as my WR3 with E. Rogers on the bench.   Neither are exciting options due to their respective QB's (Paxson / Lynch and Roth likely sitting).   Gotta start one (or go back to Williams but he is my fallback to sit Rawls)....

F*** week 17.   It can go play by the railroad tracks.....
Oh boy. You have bigger problems than me.

Id go Sanders I think. Denver might go air happy to see what they have at QB posiiton.

I am pitching to my league to make week 17 a "Pro Bowl" where every team submits a lineup and the highest scorer gets a cash prize. This year is ridiculous.

I am pitching to my league to make week 17 a "Pro Bowl" where every team submits a lineup and the highest scorer gets a cash prize. This year is ridiculous.
We do that in my league with a fun twist.  For every unique player (not in anybody else's lineup) you get a 10 point bonus.  

Users who are viewing this thread