Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
FUBAR

2017 FBG Playoff League - Super Bowl!

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Crippler said:

Wish I could keep 3 but I get my position handed to me

i keep Bell and Julio 

Going forward you're going to be a tough out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to the final four.  Frustrating as the only way for me to advance would have been to take Dez over Matt Ryan and hope that didn't impact getting Lewis and Monty like I did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw- my comment isn't meant to imply I think you're making bad choices, just I expected cook or Monty to be my pick at 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, FUBAR said:

Breaking the seal 

2.02 Aaron Rodgers 

@Crippler

Very interesting how this goes. Amazed he was not kept but I understand. 4 pretty nice looking abs but this would be my top guy this week for sure. I thought we might go a few more rounds till someone broke. Wrong again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Crippler said:

Very interesting how this goes. Amazed he was not kept but I understand. 4 pretty nice looking abs but this would be my top guy this week for sure. I thought we might go a few more rounds till someone broke. Wrong again

I thought about taking Benett but I think the difference between Rodgers, playing a somewhat weak defense and needing to perform, and the rest, will be significant this week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5.2 Aaron ripkowski

this team looking very similar to last week. Better qb

@FUBAR

Edited by Crippler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to you guys still playing. Scanning quickly through the draft seems so strange Ryan and Brady going after Sanu, Jordy who might not play and James White. Then the whole Brady and PK turn. I get it, but wow!

 

Good luck to all. As an aside, how are any of y'all doing in the Playoff Contest. I went all in on Packers and Steelers and definitely forgot the vast majority of spread out the roster philosophy so was easily eliminated this week in that contest and here. At least there are awesome games to watch. I do not see a bad Super Bowl match-up but would love to watch Green Bay - Pitt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Stephen Holloway said:

Congrats to you guys still playing. Scanning quickly through the draft seems so strange Ryan and Brady going after Sanu, Jordy who might not play and James White. Then the whole Brady and PK turn. I get it, but wow!

 

Good luck to all. As an aside, how are any of y'all doing in the Playoff Contest. I went all in on Packers and Steelers and definitely forgot the vast majority of spread out the roster philosophy so was easily eliminated this week in that contest and here. At least there are awesome games to watch. I do not see a bad Super Bowl match-up but would love to watch Green Bay - Pitt.

I also went Pitt and go but only had 9 players and spread others through. Pitt did me in last weekend and missed by 10 pts. Did not have Bell, brown or Boswell. 

The QB dropping had to do with no bad choice but flex could get ugly. I love dc getting Big Ben in 10th. Will Rodgers and hooper outdo Brady and Blount. How about Rodgers and hardy vs Big Ben and Cobb. Think nice advantage on QB waiting. 

Edited by Crippler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Crippler said:

I also went Pitt and go but only had 9 players and spread others through. Pitt did me in last weekend and missed by 10 pts. Did not have Bell, brown or Boswell. 

The QB dropping had to do with no bad choice but flex could get ugly. I love dc getting Big Ben in 10th. Will Rodgers and hooper outdo Brady and Blount. How about Rodgers and hardy vs Big Ben and Cobb. Think nice advantage on QB waiting. 

I think that's where we differ. Ben is unlikely to have a big game in new England imo, while Rodgers and Ryan should do very well.  No telling for sure of course, but I didn't want to have the 4th best qb playing the top defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, FUBAR said:

I think that's where we differ. Ben is unlikely to have a big game in new England imo, while Rodgers and Ryan should do very well.  No telling for sure of course, but I didn't want to have the 4th best qb playing the top defense.

Not entirely sure you can consider NE the top defense.  They built their ranking playing the worst offensive teams in the NFL.  Things change this week.  Pitt. has a higher ranked defense under some metrics.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Go DC Yourself said:

Not entirely sure you can consider NE the top defense.  They built their ranking playing the worst offensive teams in the NFL.  Things change this week.  Pitt. has a higher ranked defense under some metrics.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

 

Sure, that's a reason I didn't take Brady. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FUBAR said:

I think that's where we differ. Ben is unlikely to have a big game in new England imo, while Rodgers and Ryan should do very well.  No telling for sure of course, but I didn't want to have the 4th best qb playing the top defense.

But the 4th best QB allowed you the way better position player. In first round of draft, it is amazing that 3 teams chose players over QB.  2 of them are in finals and the other just missed. Last 2 took Rodgers and Eli. My team only suffering has been having 2 players drafted not play. Bell and osweiler was top scoring 1st and last player drafted duo. Des and osw in week 2 was probably best combo for DC. 

 

In with that in mind we ne we go back to the unsure well

10.3 Malcolm Mitchell 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bro1ncos said:

Not sure if I messed up on my calculations. Do I only have one selection left? 

10.4 GBP Def

@Crippler

That completes it, with my taking the Falcons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting draft overall

QB Ryan. I expect this game to be higher scoring with perfect weather

RB. Bell, Ripkowski. Not sure if best but Bell is huge over the field. Need TD from Rip. Was going White but missed by one

WR. Jones, Rogers, Mitchell. Best wr plus Hope Rogers finally does something. Mitchell plays and I think I go on for fun. Not and will be rat race. Not best core but not worst either

TE. Cook, Bennett. Best core. Got top 2 guys this week in league where extra pt per reception. Hope this is the part that helps if no Mitchell

pitt d, Crosby. I don't think any d does well but let's hope for sacks and turnover. This will be lower scoring game. Crosby with better leg than Bryant. I really did not care who I got but did choose in end. Any 4 could be best this week

think we got some interesting teams this week with great QBs, some nice Rb but lack of depth, overall good wr, lack of te presence with no superstar and d and Pk where who knows who will be best. Should be higher scoring than last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Crippler said:

 

RB. Bell, Ripkowski. Not sure if best but Bell is huge over the field. 

WR. Jones, Rogers, Mitchell. Best wr...

Agreed with the rest, this week should be interesting.  But bell is by far the best running back, while Julio imo anyway, is 2nd to Antonio.  

I think you and dc have an advantage to start.  Bell and brown are the two best players (non-qb) in these playoffs. The advantage you two have by picking early  (and well) is large.  Your worst case is your injured guys don't play and your TE don't perform.  Cook has turned it on lately but he's been inconsistent throughout his career (I expected a lot when he was a titan).  Even if those happen, Ryan, Bell and Julio could get you to the next round by themselves.  None of the rest of us have quite that level of explosive potential (although Ben and brown could be huge if things break right). 

I wouldn't change much about my team right now but I'd say my chances to go on are well under 50%

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good today

if  go on, I will have to have draft done by tomorrow or will need help, I am away with my child for 4 days at a camp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2017 at 4:26 PM, Crippler said:

But the 4th best QB allowed you the way better position player. In first round of draft, it is amazing that 3 teams chose players over QB.  2 of them are in finals and the other just missed. Last 2 took Rodgers and Eli. My team only suffering has been having 2 players drafted not play. Bell and osweiler was top scoring 1st and last player drafted duo. Des and osw in week 2 was probably best combo for DC. 

 

In with that in mind we ne we go back to the unsure well

10.3 Malcolm Mitchell 

Rodgers did alright but probably wasn't a good pick. 

That Hogan guy kinda makes up for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Crippler said:

Looking good today

if  go on, I will have to have draft done by tomorrow or will need help, I am away with my child for 4 days at a camp

:hifive:

Go ahead and select your keepers and slot.  We could wait until you return.  We have time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crippler said:

Okay

keeping Julio and martelius Bennett. Taking spot 1

That gives me 2. 

I'll keep the Mans -  Freeman and Edelman

Feel free to start whenever.  I'll be out for a bit this morning with work but should check in fairly often after 10c.

Edited by FUBAR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.