Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: QB Mitch Trubisky, Bears

213 posts in this topic

He's going to be a stud. Looks great! They need to get him some help next year in the draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep him in the bench. Fox and Loggains will get him killed. But still the best QB on roster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it does mean nothing......then maybe his current owner will drop him and I can scoop him up for free......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a matter of time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously Trubisky has a lot of learning to do. I think the experience from this game is going to help him though moving forward.

He is very mobile and also accurate with a lot of his throws. He can throw the out route well, better than a lot of QB can, perfectly placed ball to Kendall Wright early on in the game and he hit another one like this later on in the game.

The Bears pretty limited with what they asked him to do which is a sign of his inexperience. Too many bootlegs to reduce his reads to only one side of the field This was working earlier on in the game, but the Vikings defense adjusted after seeing that a few too many times.

First thing he should learn from this game is to avoid Harrison Smith like most other QBs do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was a very encouraging performance. He has a great deal of talent - it won't be maximised in this system, with this supporting cast, but long term the sky is the limit IMO. He was let down a bit tonight by his WRs and drive stalling penalties and he faced a tough defense. I think there's plenty to be optimistic about.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trubisky has a lot of upside. I like his overall game, but he's just hampered by their lack of receiving talent. Losing Meredith hurt. 

They do have some potential for next season, though, with Trubisky, Howard, Cohen, Meredith, & Shaheen (who should be getting more PT to try to quicken his development).

Edited by Football Jones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see a new HC and OC brought in to get this offense going.  They have a QB, RBs, OL and TEs.  Now it's time to get some WRs and with some decent play calling they could have a decent offense.  The defense certainly looks improved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this has been disappointing so far but the Bears seem better with Trubisky. - Also so far Trubisky has 2 TDs passing while the punter and the backup RB also have 2 TDs passing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pick him up off waivers or trade for him where you can now. Trubisky, Goff, and Dak are the future at the QB position.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2017 at 3:38 AM, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Well this has been disappointing so far but the Bears seem better with Trubisky. - Also so far Trubisky has 2 TDs passing while the punter and the backup RB also have 2 TDs passing.

The situation is disappointing for sure. It is what it is - Fox has a Ferrari sitting in his garage but he's not inclined to give it even a test run around the block. He has no one to throw to anyway so this year is just a write off for fantasy most likely. Hopefully Fox is gone in 2018 and the Bears acquire a couple of good WRs. Then Trubisky will be able to really show what he's got. Situation is everything. Look at Goff last year, Watson this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RushHour said:

The situation is disappointing for sure. It is what it is - Fox has a Ferrari sitting in his garage but he's not inclined to give it even a test run around the block. He has no one to throw to anyway so this year is just a write off for fantasy most likely. Hopefully Fox is gone in 2018 and the Bears acquire a couple of good WRs. Then Trubisky will be able to really show what he's got. Situation is everything. Look at Goff last year, Watson this year.

We've seen with the Rams what a change can do for the offense if you have the pieces in place.  Maybe a new coach and Meredith back and a couple of good offensive free agents could jump start this thing and not waste what looks to be a very promising opportunity. 

With that said, think if the Bears had taken Watson instead.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Pick him up off waivers or trade for him where you can now. Trubisky, Goff, and Dak are the future at the QB position.

Why do you say that about those three in particular?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about Watson and Mariota and Carr?   I see all these guys in a very similar group in terms of what they might do for a team.  And wentz. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Shutout said:

We've seen with the Rams what a change can do for the offense if you have the pieces in place.  Maybe a new coach and Meredith back and a couple of good offensive free agents could jump start this thing and not waste what looks to be a very promising opportunity. 

With that said, think if the Bears had taken Watson instead.  

I don't think taking Watson makes any difference. We can't say yet that Watson will be a better QB than Trubisky (though I'm sure in our instant take environment many have, just as they decided Goff was a bust after half a season). If Watson was on the Bears he'd be handing the ball off 50 times and managing the hell out of the game too. He wouldn't have any WRs to throw to. Watson has been put in a position to maximise his abilities - they are running an offense built for him, not asking him to be a traditional pocket passer. Credit to them. Trubisky is in the worst situation imaginable in terms of making him look good. All I'm looking for from him this season are flashes of natural talent. 

Edited by RushHour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RushHour said:

I don't think taking Watson makes any difference. We can't say yet that Watson will be a better QB than Trubisky (though I'm sure in our instant take environment many have, just as they decided Goff was a bust after half a season). If Watson was on the Bears he'd be handing the ball off 50 times and managing the hell out of the game too. He wouldn't have any WRs to throw to. Watson has been put in a position to maximise his abilities - they are running an offense built for him, not asking him to be a traditional pocket passer. Credit to them. Trubisky is in the worst situation imaginable in terms of making him look good. All I'm looking for from him this season are flashes of natural talent. 

I get all that. Can't disagree. Wasn't trying to though. It was more of a thought of me thinking that I like trubisky a lot. He really seems to have  "it". But, to me,watson looks like the real deal, no doubt.  I don't think trubisky would be doing what Watson has if he were on the Texans.  Just my opinion. Who knows? 

I definitely think trubisky has a lot of natural talent.  If the Bears don't bungleit up, he should be a fine player.  Last year, I thought Goff was a good qb in a very bad situation.  It's not that different with trubisky now.   I guess that was my message.  Let's get some pieces around this guy and adopt a good offensive philosophy and see what he can do. I think it will be a lot 

Edited by Shutout
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Shutout said:

Why do you say that about those three in particular?

Those guys are in that discussion as well but what ive seen from the three i mentioned makes me value them higher. Trubisky and Goff have shown flashes of brilliance every game this year.  They are not being valued correctly imo and are both strong buys right now. Dak is a dual threat assassin that wasn't being valued correctly last year but his value has steadily been on the rise so you might have to pay to much for him now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mitch Trubisky threw a grand total of 7 passes in last week's win.

The last time a quarterback threw fewer than 9 passes in a win? Tim Tebow, Denver Broncos, 11/13/2011. The coach? John Fox.

The last time before that game in which a quarterback threw fewer than 9 passes in a win? Chris Weinke, Carolina Panthers, 12/24/2006. The coach? John Fox.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ryan Wood‏Verified account @ByRyanWood Nov 8

Josh Sitton with funny anecdote on Mitch Trubisky: "We started to break the huddle early, and he said, ‘Get the f--- back in the huddle, and don’t break it until I break it.’ He kind of cussed at all of us linemen, and I was like, ‘Hell, yeah. I respect the s--- out of that.’

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just needs a coach like Mcvay. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.