Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: QB Mitch Trubisky, Bears

215 posts in this topic

On 15/05/2018 at 5:38 AM, Milkman said:

Goff is a top 5 QB for me. My rankings don't look like FBG's though......like Engram is a top 10 dynasty asset to me.....he's probably not top 30 on FBG's board. 

Trubisky reminds me of Aaron Rodgers with his accuracy.  

Couldn’t agree with you more on each of those statements. I really believe Trubisky is the most underrated player in fantasy, especially dynasty. I don’t think top 7 is a stretch at all - I’d rather have him right now than Watson who seems to be in everyone’s top 4. I’d take him over Wentz too but I realise that would sound crazy to most. I have Goff higher than the consensus as well.

I think the dynasty community is a bit slow to adjust with guys like this who there was no hype over - the groupthink last year was that Trubisky was more of a project, having only started a year in college and the Bears overpayed to trade up for him. There is some hype for the Bears offense and Trubisky by extension but you can tell people don’t really have faith in him. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Super high on him going into this season. I think we are possibly looking at the next Aaron Rodgers. Excited about the players and coaching staff they brought in. Like Cohen. I think Trubisky makes a big leap this year. 

Buy him this offseason while you can for cheap. Most people don't believe. 

Edited by Milkman
2 people like this

4 hours ago, Milkman said:

Super high on him going into this season. I think we are possibly looking at the next Aaron Rodgers. Excited about the players and coaching staff they brought in. Like Cohen. I think Trubisky makes a big leap this year. 

Buy him this offseason while you can for cheap. Most people don't believe. 

Mighty high praise after not showing much last season. Just curious on why you are so excited about him? TIA.

1 hour ago, King of the Jungle said:

Mighty high praise after not showing much last season. Just curious on why you are so excited about him? TIA.

Yeah his bulk stats weren't great but he was in a terrible situation. If you watch his tape he made a lot of throws that very few QB can make. Incredibly accurate at times. He just needs help and a little more time to put it all together........

Bearish on Nagy as a first-time HC..he made some pretty bad play calls in the playoff loss to Tenn last season. he's made other boneheaded moves along the way. how KC started so hot and finished so cold is not just Andy Reid, but it also falls on the OC. 

There's just too much love for Nagy and Matt LeFleur for my liking, people are talking them up like they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. Chicago is still a mess, albeit with an improving defense..but who will MT throw to? bunch of avertage-Joes  on that roster. I dont see the improvement people are talking about. it'll likely be small steps.tough deivision, GB back in the mix.

3 minutes ago, Tanner9919 said:

Bearish on Nagy as a first-time HC..he made some pretty bad play calls in the playoff loss to Tenn last season. he's made other boneheaded moves along the way. how KC started so hot and finished so cold is not just Andy Reid, but it also falls on the OC. 

There's just too much love for Nagy and Matt LeFleur for my liking, people are talking them up like they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. Chicago is still a mess, albeit with an improving defense..but who will MT throw to? bunch of avertage-Joes  on that roster. I dont see the improvement people are talking about. it'll likely be small steps.tough deivision, GB back in the mix.

IMO CHI was very aggressive in improving the receiving targets. Adding ARob, Gabriel, Miller, and Burton shows an effort to improve the group. They were in the position where they needed to take chances on some guys which they did. ARob has had an elite year, Gabriel has produced, Miller has upside, and Burton has shown playmaking ability. Nothing happens overnight but I appreciate how aggressive they were in attempting to upgrade a poor unit. Time will tell if it pays off but at least they are trying.

3 people like this

I, too, see the young Aaron Rodgers comparisons.  I just traded Goff for him in my dynasty league, whose value is heavily tied to Gurley imo.

2 hours ago, King of the Jungle said:

IMO CHI was very aggressive in improving the receiving targets. Adding ARob, Gabriel, Miller, and Burton shows an effort to improve the group. They were in the position where they needed to take chances on some guys which they did. ARob has had an elite year, Gabriel has produced, Miller has upside, and Burton has shown playmaking ability. Nothing happens overnight but I appreciate how aggressive they were in attempting to upgrade a poor unit. Time will tell if it pays off but at least they are trying.

Both Arob and Gabriel are SPARQ freaks too.

6 hours ago, Tanner9919 said:

Bunch of average Joes on the roster? What world are you in? 

1 person likes this