What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Mitch Trubisky, BUF (1 Viewer)

He had like 70 yards passing before the Saints went into full "we don't care we are up 3 scores" prevent defense. 

If you can still sell this guy in a superflex league based on stats I would be doing that as fast possible.  Maybe your league mates didn't watch the game? 

54 passes, with what 9 runs? After a bye? Admittedly I have only watched a couple of their games in full but the HC has been questionable at best. 
What I saw was 7 rush attempts and that that was the least in franchise history, for a franchise that’s been around since 1919. Gotta give a QB some space at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can blame or point the finger at a lot of folks around him but Trubisky has not shown any of the things in 3 seasons to make you believe he is the answer. 

Unfortunately the Bears will need a QB that isn't on the roster right now in order to get where they want to go. I suspect a veteran that isn't working out on their current team or can be traded. I heard Cam's name mentioned, we will see. 

Everyone here in Philadelphia sworn that Wentz was the closest thing to the Messiah, so I traded for him...

Then Mitch Biscuit outscored him on my bench.... 

LOL.  Good luck (to the author and fans) with hoping he gets better.

Apparently there just isn't an answer...  I do agree that it's unlikely they can trade for somebody who would be good enough THIS YEAR.  Hard to get up to speed fast enough.

Mullens might be available for a decent price though, unless SF still isn't all that confident in "thank god the defense drops my INTs" Garopolo.  Mitch has had some similar luck with that - throwing easy INTs that the defense drops.

Everyone here in Philadelphia sworn that Wentz was the closest thing to the Messiah, so I traded for him...

Then Mitch Biscuit outscored him on my bench.... 
Mitch just Bortles'd his way to this one.  The Bears dug the huge hold they needed so that the Saints defense would stop caring about giving up yardage, and Mitch then could put up some numbers.  Before that he had done essentially nothing.

For me, this is time to hope somebody in my league just looked at the stats at the end of the day and I can sell before he loses all value.  On the other hand, Bortles was able to keep this going for a whole season...  I'd rather be wrong with the right process than right with the wrong process so I think the move is to sell now, if you still can.

It made no sense to rush him back against a really good defense.  He's got some stat-padder games coming up (Chargers, Eagles), which will hopefully allow the entire offense to start clicking.  After that, outside of a game with the Giants, the schedule isn't as forgiving.

Quit waiting for him to be Mahomes, because he (and no one else for that matter) is going to be.  He's more like Josh Allen, a low-accuracy QB with a cannon for an arm and jiffy quick legs. The coaching staff is doing him no favors asking him to be Roger Staubach.   Play to his strengths and cut that dang playbook in half.  I keep getting the feeling that Nagy stubbornly wants to keep showing us how advanced his drawn up passing plays are.  His ego would never allow it, but Nagy REALLY needs to turn over the play-calling duties to his OC because what's going on now isn't working (and hasn't been working for a while).

With only 14 college games under his belt, it's likely the NFL is Trubisky's first brush with failure, so I'm not sure how he's handling it internally.

The whole thing is just a mess.

Statorama said:
  Play to his strengths and cut that dang playbook in half.
Thats been done. He's also cut the field in half for him so he's only looking in one direction. You cant dumb things down any further.

The only times Trubisky has sometimes looked good are when he's in two minute style offense where he can make one read and throw the ball. You cant play a whole game like that, you'll kill your defense worse than they already are.

Trubisky is the worst QB in the NFL, who is starting on purpose. The Bortles north jokes, are an insult to Bortles. 

He looks bad. Like real bad. As a local that knew the powerhouse that is Mentor High School where he went to school (Mentor has ~2,700 students and mine had/s ~450 students) I figured that he would be more developed by now. At least my high school pumped out Desmond Howard, Elvis Grbac, and London Fletcher in football. I don't think that he will ever turn that corner into even a good QB. He is skittish and checks down as routine. I think Tarik Cohen had 9 catches for like 20 yards last week. Defenses don't think twice about him down field. He can throw 70 two yard passes and they still won't budge. I drafted him in dynasty and just uggghhh.

Trubisky is the worst QB in the NFL, who is starting on purpose. The Bortles north jokes, are an insult to Bortles. 
I'd argue he has plenty of competition for that title from Daniel Jones, Joe Flacco, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Keenum (or Haskins), Rosen/Fitz, Mariota/Tannehill, Dalton....and of course Winston.

I'd argue he has plenty of competition for that title from Daniel Jones, Joe Flacco, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Keenum (or Haskins), Rosen/Fitz, Mariota/Tannehill, Dalton....and of course Winston.
I'd take every one of those guys over Trubisky. They all either are better right now, or offer more long term potential.

Dalton has no business on that list. He's a good QB, who has zero o-line and is missing 2 of his top-3 WR's. Put him on the Bears, and they likely have 2 more wins. He'd be Jimmy G for them, making just enough throws to keep the offense on schedule and allow the defense to dominate.

I'd take every one of those guys over Trubisky. They all either are better right now, or offer more long term potential.

Dalton has no business on that list. He's a good QB, who has zero o-line and is missing 2 of his top-3 WR's. Put him on the Bears, and they likely have 2 more wins. He'd be Jimmy G for them, making just enough throws to keep the offense on schedule and allow the defense to dominate.
Agree on Dalton, that was a stretch to put him in there. 

I’m surprised the fans are fully turning on him this particular week when you could plausibly say he’s not 100% healthy and Nagy abandoned the run. But I suspect the anger boiled over following these 2 games that the Bears were “supposed” to win (one with Daniels of course)—if they had, it would be easy to keep waving away Mitch’s shortcomings.

In conclusion, extend Mitch.

Bears had a players only meeting yesterday.  Players were obviously closed lipped about what was said, but what little did come out was that everyone on the team had room to get better.  That no one on the team was the best they could be right now, it wasn't just one or two people.

I expect a strong effort from the guys around him, hopefully Mitch is up to the task.

I’m surprised the fans are fully turning on him this particular week when you could plausibly say he’s not 100% healthy and Nagy abandoned the run. But I suspect the anger boiled over following these 2 games that the Bears were “supposed” to win (one with Daniels of course)—if they had, it would be easy to keep waving away Mitch’s shortcomings.

In conclusion, extend Mitch.
Nope, its the body of work. He needed to take the next step this year and master the offense, prove he's an NFL caliber QB. He did the opposite. They have to dumb the playbook down and cut the field in half just so he can exist. Under perfect circumstances, MAYBE Nagy can scheme him into being alright, but the league caught on to Nagy and caught on to Mitch. That stuff from last year isnt going to cut it any more. Mitch can still get it done with his legs, but thats ultimately a recipe for injury (as we've seen). To be successful in this league in the long run you need to able to climb the pocket, read the defense, and get the ball to the right guy. Big arms and great running is nice, but if you dont have the other thing your time is limited.

Bears, Mitchell Trubisky sinking fast -- to last place in NFC North

Excerpt:

QB breakdown: Unacceptable. Under no circumstances can Trubisky throw that fourth-quarter pick to Casey Hayward or lose that fumble. To be fair, Trubisky played better than he did in previous weeks. The 25-year-old quarterback hit on some plays in the vertical passing game to Anthony Miller (35-yard reception), Tarik Cohen (31 yards) and Allen Robinson (31 yards). On the final drive, Trubisky connected with Taylor Gabriel on a nice throw and scrambled for 11 yards to set up Pineiro’s kick. But the overall body of work just isn’t good enough. The Bears remain limited on offense when Trubisky is the quarterback.

I don't think Rotoworld understands what "sunk cost" means.

Bears coach Matt Nagy said Mitchell Trubisky will start in Week 9 against the Eagles.

Nagy continued that there's still enough time left in the season to get Trubisky "playing at the level he needs to play at." Chicago's No. 2 overall pick in '17, Trubisky's bottomed out in just his third year with the Bears, pacing for 2,730 yards, 12 touchdowns and 7.5 picks over 15 starts — a step back across the board following his impressive 3,223-yard campaign last season. Having said that, it makes sense for the organization to keep him under center (as much as it may hurt) the rest of the way since sliding 33-year-old veteran Chase Daniel in is a sunk cost for the 3-4 Bears. Trubisky's next test comes against the Eagles' swarming pass rush in Week 9.
Also, the Eagles' pass rush has been pretty bad most games. Numbers inflated by 10 sacks vs. Luke Falk. However, it was pretty good yesterday against Buffalo. 

Mitchell Trubisky completed 10-of-21 passes for 125 yards in Chicago's Week 9 loss to the Eagles.

The final score may show a one-score contest, but Trubisky was nearly benched at the half after failing to complete a pass beyond the line of scrimmage through the first two quarters. Chicago ultimately went into the intermission with less than 10 yards of offense. Trubisky came out of the break firing, hitting Taylor Gabriel on a wide open fly route 53 yards downfield and later striking David Montgomery running free up the seam for a 30-yard gain. Allen Robinson also dropped a bomb that Trubisky underthrew along the sidelines. This was still the 25-year-old's best shot to get off the schneid and he failed to deliver, making him a droppable liability universally. Playing him against the Lions in Week 10 is a Hail Mary move.

Nov 3, 2019, 4:59 PM ET

If you’re a Mitch owner and feeling low, take a stroll through the Sam Darnold or Jets threads. Could be worse
I'm a Jets fan that's starting to lose some faith in Darnold, but I wouldn't even consider trading him for Trubisky. I've seen too many good things from Sam and hope that they can counteract the damage they've done to him with the Gase offense and trash o-line - but Trubisky looks terrible (and has more than a full season of experience advantage over Darnold). 

maybe i sold low but just bailed last week in dynasty and consider myself lucky to get out.  course the long game would suggest wait for a spark and then sell but i just cant watch anymore, have to turn away.

I'm a Jets fan that's starting to lose some faith in Darnold, but I wouldn't even consider trading him for Trubisky. I've seen too many good things from Sam and hope that they can counteract the damage they've done to him with the Gase offense and trash o-line - but Trubisky looks terrible (and has more than a full season of experience advantage over Darnold). 
I can’t argue with any of this (so you Jets fans take it easy on old Sammy)

maybe i sold low but just bailed last week in dynasty and consider myself lucky to get out.  course the long game would suggest wait for a spark and then sell but i just cant watch anymore, have to turn away.
I'm honestly considering dropping him outright  in a league with 30 man rosters but just can't pull the trigger so far - so "selling low" isn't such a bad proposition imo.

Superflex?  What did you get back? 

I would take Winston, Dalton, Tannehill, Fitz, Keenum, and Josh Allen over Trubisky.  The others are a meh but I have more hope that Darnold or Jones could develop into average QBs than Trubisky.

The big-screen TV in the cafeteria played local news, showing footage of Chicago police superintendent Eddie Johnson’s retirement press conference. Inside the locker room, four television screens showed the player’s Thursday schedule, and the special teams practice plan.
Sounds like Mitch needs to take a Louisville Slugger to some Zenith's.  Then do a Sonny Corleone and drop some bills next to them.

I'm honestly considering dropping him outright  in a league with 30 man rosters but just can't pull the trigger so far - so "selling low" isn't such a bad proposition imo.
Traded him for a fourth round pick - basically gave him away but better than just dropping him.

His throwing mechanics are simply not good enough. A great athlete who simply was getting away with it. But you can't here. Not in the NFL. Always off balance, throwing off the back foot....just a mess. No fundamentals.

Mitchell Trubisky left with a hip injury in the fourth quarter of Sunday night's game with the Rams.

Trubisky was pulled with three minutes left in the fourth quarter. He had been struggled before exiting, averaging 4.4 YPA while completing just 56 percent of his passes and throwing an interception. We wouldn't be surprised if this was a phantom injury. Chase Daniel replaced Trubisky and could be in line to start Week 12 against the Giants.

Nov 17, 2019, 11:09 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread