What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fan Duel week 17 (1 Viewer)

Mojo56

Footballguy
Nobody playing this week? I wasn't sure myself but I decided to dip my toe in the water. Same investment as last week which is about half my normal size.

Put a lineup in yesterday then checked Dodd's post this morning and I have the exact same lineup except for defense. He has Ariz and I went with Minn. It's his Wilson lineup. Good luck to all who are playing!

Wasn't sure either and just decided to throw in a few posts on the DK thread. Having said that, here's the two cash L/U's I'm settling on;

#1 / QB - Rodgers, RB - Freeman/Sproles, WR - J. Nelson/Edelman/M. Thomas, TE - Kelce, K - Santos, DEF - NE

#2 / QB - Wilson, RB - DJ/J. Rodgers, WR - J. Nelson/Baldwin/Edelman, TE - Kelce, K - Aguayo, DEF - TB

Hard to get a good cash lineup together this week, going heavy on the night game in cash as that seems to be the only one where staters should play 4 quarters.  Maybe Wash/NYG but I can see both tams sitting starters in 2nd half if Wash is up by 2 TDs.  

GPP's are fun though this week, just put together some random teams with half 3rd stringers and you might win.

On GPP's, trying to focus on games like GB/DET & ATL/NO as well as DJ/McCoy & Freeman, then sprinkling in guys like McKinnon, D. Williams, Blount & Sproles for RB, Throwing Clay in one for TE, Watkins in one at WR, etc. 

Week 17 Hindsight

• Dear Lord, why do I keep investing in Russell Wilson?
  • I'm a Bengals homer, yet only had Burkhead in 27% of my lineups.  Should have known better.
  • Steve Smith narrative failed
  • 100% exposure to DJ, but injuries happen
  • 92% Kelce -- where did he go?  :missing:
  • My best LU of week might well be the Vikings triple-stack flier I took on Bradford-Thielen-Rudolph
All will be forgiven if Packers /  Lions shoots out tonight...

Last edited by a moderator:
Had some huge hits and total whiffs. Was all over ERX and bulkhead and dwill. Unfortuanately too much McCoy dj and Winston mixed in

Steve Smith = Fail

Shady = Fail

DJ = Fail

Quiz = Fail

Toussant = Fail

Kelce = Fail

and to top it off, I went with Cooks over Thomas in half of my lineups.

Week 17, how I love you so.

Week 17 was actually one of my better weeks. Played 4 50/50s with 2 lineups, Ryan lineup went 1-1  Rogers 2-0. Entered 6 $2 gpps going 1-5 but the win was an 9th place finish in the SE safety that scored 174.4 and cashed for $30. So overall $20 in and $40.80 out

Saved my worst for last! Didn't come close to the cut line. DJ getting hurt didn't help but he was so heavily owned that it didn't hurt that bad either. My undoing was Kelce at TE. I had 4 guys I was considering: Kelce, Graham, Rudolph and Ertz. Zigged when I should have zagged. Oh well. On to the playoffs where I will probably have VERY limited action.

Week 17 Hindsight

• Dear Lord, why do I keep investing in Russell Wilson?
  • I'm a Bengals homer, yet only had Burkhead in 27% of my lineups.  Should have known better.
  • Steve Smith narrative failed
  • 100% exposure to DJ, but injuries happen
  • 92% Kelce -- where did he go?  :missing:
  • My best LU of week might well be the Vikings triple-stack flier I took on Bradford-Thielen-Rudolph
All will be forgiven if Packers /  Lions shoots out tonight...
With you on the Wilson part.  I swore him off weeks ago, then there he is again near the top of everyone's lists here and I bite because I figure SEA won't run the ball.  Not only that, he became the QB in a re-tooled Ryan LU.  Ooops.  Of course my highest main slate score was that Ryan LU that I only had in a freeroll.

Wish I had the Burkhead faith going in, played Quiz alot more.  I think MT was all over Burk.

Close to being a huge week for me but ended up about breaking even.  I destroyed 1pm Only with one lineup.....if only my Rodgers main slate lineup could have gotten into the 3x, 5x, 20/100 man range.  Only hit 5050 and 2x with it.  My Brees LU was horrible.

Fun season, up and down for the first half, then a bit of a run in the 2nd half (seems to be my pattern every year).  Looks like I increased my account balance by about 65% over the course of the season.  I'm probably down a little on hoops, so football was probably closer to 70%.  Haven't taken out winnings in the past but I see no reason not to withdraw some now.

I'll still play the next two weekends at least.  These 4 gamers are fun.

Users who are viewing this thread