What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (7 Viewers)

Not that it matters much, but Deion finally had a Bear on his “If you ball, you get the call” segment on NFL GameDay Prime.  

Mack.

Rams lost, so we’re only one game back from the #2 seed.  They play at ARI and vs. SF.  Saints play at CAR tonight, vs. PIT and vs. CAR in week 17.

.@bears @Mtrubisky10 played error free football and continues to make key throws with an elite arm and feet that can get him out of harms way. Draft your franchise QB and never stop building around him. #BaldysBreakdowns https://t.co/4H43BFxCo2

Seemed like a dream a few weeks ago, but we still have a legitimate shot at a bye with how the Rams and Saints are playing. The talking heads are finally starting wake up, too. 

If Eddie Jackson isn't damn close to 100%, I don't think we win more than one playoff game. Which is perfectly fine give the history and trajectory of this team. After Mack, he's the most important/talented player on the team. I'm not feeling too optimistic given what Nagy said today, but I hope I'm very wrong. 

Regardless, this team has all the tools in place for a very nice 5 year run that could really result in a title. Gonna be a fun ride

If the Panthers offense showed the slightest hint of a pulse last night, things would be a lot more interesting in the bye hunt right now.  I think the Bears win out but I doubt the Saints AND the Rams will, and the Bears would have the better division record.

Anyway, I think theres still a good shot the Rams puke up another loss, they look rattled.

I guess the bigger takeaway is the Rams and Saints look very beatable right now. The Saints have been very fortunate to pull out some wins in games they should have lost lately, that offense looks more pedestrian than dominating. I like the Bears defense chances. Of course going to LA and the NOLA back to back is a daunting task, but not nearly as bad as it seemed a month ago.

Pro Bowlers: 

Mack

Hicks

Fuller

Jackson 

Cohen

Alternates:

Trubisky 

Burton

Leno

Whitehair

Roquan(Should've been in) 

Trevethan

Snubbed:

Goldman. Total stud but overshadowed by all the surrounding talent. 

What did you guys take the week off between Christmas and the clinching hangover? Lol

Another week another dumb Nagy call. But I’m glad we’re throwing to Miller again. 

Miller, Bellamy and Sherman all ejected.  Can’t lose your cool, boys.

BTW, Shaheen reached for the first, IMO.  Bad camera angles.

Just f’n sneak it or pound it here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on Bears. We need you to embarrass those Vikings next week. Just bury them. Put them out of their misery.

If ever there was a time to tank a game to get a better opponent, I’d say it’s next week for the Bears. I know they could theoretically still get a bye but I don’t think the Rams are losing. Not a Bears fan, but if I’m them, I sit the starters after a series or 2 and let the Vikings win so you get them again in Round One. Cousins is a choke artist; Foles is a Super Bowl MVP and Philly is a scary team 

If ever there was a time to tank a game to get a better opponent, I’d say it’s next week for the Bears. I know they could theoretically still get a bye but I don’t think the Rams are losing. Not a Bears fan, but if I’m them, I sit the starters after a series or 2 and let the Vikings win so you get them again in Round One. Cousins is a choke artist; Foles is a Super Bowl MVP and Philly is a scary team 
The games are at the same time. If the Rams were to lose to a feisty niners team and the Bears "tanked to get the better opponent", the fan base would revolt at losing a bye on purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
No tanking.  Put the Vikings in their grave. Last time we had an opportunity to keep a divisional foe out of the playoffs by beating them in week 17, we failed and ultimately lost in the NFCC (2010) to that team.

.@ChicagoBears @Mtrubisky10 to all of his detractors out there : What don’t you like; What don’t you see.  That was a virtuoso performance yesterday in a town that knows a lot about great QB play.  #BaldysBreakdowns https://t.co/NSlIAQ7ed2

No tanking.  Put the Vikings in their grave. Last time we had an opportunity to keep a divisional foe out of the playoffs by beating them in week 17, we failed and ultimately lost in the NFCC (2010) to that team.
Agreed. The Vikings are a tough matchup and they'll have gotten a good look at the Nagy offense twice. Way rather see Philly or Seattle.

If the Eagles lose its irrelevant though.

Users who are viewing this thread