What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (4 Viewers)

It really all comes down to Trubisky. Mahomes has been lighting it up, but he had a year to set and is under a well established coach and with offensive guys who have been on the team for a few years. 

Unfortunately, QB needs to immediately be a priority for this team.  Even a journeyman, because you guys are good enough for the playoffs. Mitch, not so much.

Khalil Mack in 6 quarters:

2 sacks, 1 INT, 2 forced fumbles, 1 FR, 1 TD

Raiders defense as a whole in 8 quarters: 

2 sacks, 1 INT, 1 forced fumble, 0 recovered, 0 TD

Nagy doesn’t know how or doesn’t want to establish a running game?  Hard to believe he doesn’t realize getting Howard going will make things much easier for Mitch. 

Best DL in the league and Floyd invisible. Another wasted first round pick. Glad Pace traded off their next 2 for a proven stud. 

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Nagy doesn’t know how or doesn’t want to establish a running game?  Hard to believe he doesn’t realize getting Howard going will make things much easier for Mitch. 
Been wondering this about Bears coaching for years. Some people just aren't very smart. 

Get the ball back after giving up impressive TD drive. 8:30 to go up 7. And you drop back to pass on 3 straight downs. Holy ####. 

That was a fun win.  I a big defense guy, and I think this D is legit again.  The nice thing is, this time we do have some talent on the offense to go with a good D.  I'm hopeful this team will really be able to compete towards the end of this year.  I don't think we'll make the playoffs but hopefully we are actually competitive and can at least spoil a spot for someone in our division with a good win at the end of the year.

The biggest questions I have on the team right now are QB and head coach, both need to improve throughout the year.  If they can both be good, next year could be fun.

BOOOOOOOOOOM.  D looks sick, even if they did look tired late.  Amukamara’s pick-6 won me my week and the last sack/fumble/recovery provided a little cushion for Seattle’s last TD drive.  Opponent had Robinson and had taken the lead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best DL in the league and Floyd invisible. Another wasted first round pick. Glad Pace traded off their next 2 for a proven stud. 
He had 3 tackles and a fumble recovery all with a club for a hand. I think he’s going to be just fine. Mack’s presence is going to help everyone on D. 

Trubisky really sucks.  The defense made the Seahawks look terrible.  The pass rush is amazing. 
He just needs to build on his successes. He's getting comfortable with an entire new offense. He's showing good rapport, trust with Robinson for example despite scant time with him. He's learning on the fly really. Maybe if he'd actually had more live action experience in the preseason, for example? He needs to get that confidence in his first read - which comes with repetition mostly - before he can trust himself to make the second or even third. Right now Mitch is just learning his 3rd offense in as many years and still very raw. 

I'm not worried about Trubisky yet.  It's still very early in his career and he's learning.  I've seen the talent he has, now he just needs to get more comfortable during the game.  There are very few QBs who start off great and remain that way most of their careers.

Some people are a little ridiculous sometimes.  People are calling Trubisky, Smith and Floyd busts already. Give me a freaking break.
Floyd I have on my fantasy team, so I follow him.  he has been a disappointment, but it is too early to label him a bust, in my estimation.  They need time in a system, and time with guys around them they can learn to rely upon.  He, like the Bears, is a work in progress.  The thing is, the Bears has been a work in regress rather than progress for some time.  I get frustration and patience wearing thin, but it looks like they are progressing now, it would be a shame, for Bears fans, to lose patience now.  As a Packer fan it is fine with me if they do, of course, but to me, this is a growing team.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw two passes that he out some touch on (the Cohen lob and the Miller TD). He needs to build on that. He can make those nice touch passes on the move, but hasnt been able to in the pocket. Seems like nerves to me (hence happy feet). I wonder how much damage the Fox regime did to this kids instincts.

Did trubisky throw on first down every time?  I mean I like throwing on first down but after the ints you would think they would run it more

I find myself pining for a Blake Bortles level guy, which is sad.
problem is a journeyman makes you good enough to lose in the playoffs. They are all in on Trubisky making them a Super Bowl contender. which is the right approach in my mind. He might fail, but you went big. The Bears have spent a couple decades being good enough to lose.

Give Trubisky some time.  He's started 14 games so far, two of which are in a completely different system with a new coaching staff.  At least give him this season to get a better idea of what he is.

problem is a journeyman makes you good enough to lose in the playoffs. They are all in on Trubisky making them a Super Bowl contender. which is the right approach in my mind. He might fail, but you went big. The Bears have spent a couple decades being good enough to lose.
I get it. Chips pushed all in on Mitch. Just think they whiffed at QB, which sucks because they got better everywhere else and it probably still won’t be enough.

Give Trubisky some time.  He's started 14 games so far, two of which are in a completely different system with a new coaching staff.  At least give him this season to get a better idea of what he is.
Nothing to do but give him time. Hope I’m wrong and that he blossoms under Nagy, but 14 games is enough time to put a flash or two on tape. Something that says this guy could have something your average NFL starter doesn’t. He’s just looked average in 14 games IMO. Maybe he takes as long as Alex Smith to develop, who despite his great year is still just a journeyman QB.

Nothing to do but give him time. Hope I’m wrong and that he blossoms under Nagy, but 14 games is enough time to put a flash or two on tape. Something that says this guy could have something your average NFL starter doesn’t. He’s just looked average in 14 games IMO. Maybe he takes as long as Alex Smith to develop, who despite his great year is still just a journeyman QB.
I'm not sure how much you can count with those 12 games under Fox/Loggains.  They didn't let him do much of anything.  In one game they only let him throw the ball 7 times.

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
Agreed. Trubisky is still green having only played 13 college games and 14 games last year under Fox/Dowell... He also strikes me as a bit naive. Not in a bad way... he just needs to mature a bit. 

I love his attitude and from everything I’ve heard he’s a hard worker. I think it’s just going to be a matter of time before he grasps this offense and things slow down and his instincts can take over. 

Pace/Nagy could never say this but this is the finale year of the rebuild. They know Mitch is going to need a good part of a full season in this offense before it starts clicking. If he can start putting things together in the second half of the season and the defense can carry the team they might just squeak into the playoffs but this team is being developed for 2019 and beyond.

Trubador looks like garbage.  Horrible accuracy today when going deep and in the RZ.

D getting burned by Trevathan not covering, but the scheme is more at fault.  So much for the NFC defensive player of the week.

Typical trap game.  Let’s go...

Daddy Mack still playing hard.  Need big time adjustments.  Perfect opportunity to bypass our divisional foes and we’re ####### it up.

Users who are viewing this thread