What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (7 Viewers)

Definitely agree with that - however, our defense has the luxury at this point to not even need a 'game-changer' like that. Which makes me like the Smith pick even more.
When I look at the team now, I ask myself where are the blue chippers? Pace has had 3 drafts and 4 free agency classes so far and I still don't see many. Hicks.  Who else? Maybe Long but he hasn't even played much so that's a stretch. The roster has improved but I still have concerns with Pace after this many years and still very few high end players. He's going to need to get that figured quickly if they are going to compete with the elite teams.  Pace hasn't shown he has the capability of doing that yet. 

When I look at the team now, I ask myself where are the blue chippers? Pace has had 3 drafts and 4 free agency classes so far and I still don't see many. Hicks.  Who else? Maybe Long but he hasn't even played much so that's a stretch. The roster has improved but I still have concerns with Pace after this many years and still very few high end players. He's going to need to get that figured quickly if they are going to compete with the elite teams.  Pace hasn't shown he has the capability of doing that yet. 
That's been my biggest complaint about the Bears for the last few years.  After we got rid of that Urlacher, Briggs, Tillman, Forte, Hester etc... class of guys we haven't gotten any true difference makers on the team.  For the last almost 15 years the team has survived off of those guys, but then we just went stale and weren't able to keep brining in that talent level.  We do have some nice starters but very few of the "blue chip" guys you need.  That needs to turn before I really see us competing for playoff spots.  Maybe Trubitsky is the start of that, but we don't know yet.

Whether you agree with trading up last year or not, looks like grabbing a QB last year was a good move. With so many teams looking at a QB this year, and the Bears with little ammo to move up, they might have been stuck at 8 without a QB. As it is, so much talent may be falling to the Bears. If Chubb (doubtfully) or Nelson (possibly) falls to them, I think they take the player. Otherwise, I want them to trade down with Buffalo and get multiple firsts in return, if not more.
What makes you think they would be drafting 8th?

I'd call Amos a blue chipper. I think Trubisky, Whitehair and Floyd could all get to that level. 

I'd say Howard, Robinson, Hicks and Trevathan, while maybe not blue chippers, are all high end starters. Bullard might be in that group by year's end too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd call Amos a blue chipper. I think Trubisky, Whitehair and Floyd could all get to that level. 

I'd say Howard, Robinson, Hicks and Trevathan, while maybe not blue chippers, are all high end starters. Bullard might be in that group by year's end too.
While Amos showed great improvement this year, I don't think he's at that level.  Sure, Trubisky, Whitehair, and Floyd could get there eventually. Whitehair had rough year last year. Hoping Trubisky becomes what I think he can be. Floyd really disappointed me last year and has been hurt a lot. 

I'd put Hicks and Howard at that level. Maybe some of the others guys can rebound and make a huge leap, but after four years in and 3 top 10 picks, it's left a lot to be desired.   He blew it big taking White and passing on Beasley and Gurley. I hope Pace can do it.  But he's going to have to get better at his job and learn from his mistakes. He's far from a top end GM so far and he needs to start winning. 3 years of suck so far with 2 of his high picks doing little or nothing. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If we didn't draft Mitch, odds are our record would have been different. Most would think that we would have lost more games if Glennon started all 16.
I doubt we would have been in the top four regardless of who we started at QB last year. And even if we sat at five, many QB needy teams could have still traded over us since we didn't have anything of value to trade up with.

I saw the over/under on wins for the Bears is at 6.5 right now.  I think that sounds about right for this year.  At this moment I figure them for 6-7 wins.

Not a Bears fan, but a Trubisky owner in several leagues.  ARob, MB, Gabriel, White, Burton, Cohen...that would make this offense - particularly the passing game very potent.

ESPN's Dan Graziano reports the Steelers have been "quietly listening to offers" for Martavis Bryant.

Bryant tried to force a trade at the deadline last season, but the Steelers had no interest in moving him. With Bryant entering the final year of his deal, perhaps Pittsburgh would be more willing to trade him now, but he is still a dangerous weapon for a team with real Super Bowl aspirations. They probably need to be blown away to move him during the draft.

I saw the over/under on wins for the Bears is at 6.5 right now.  I think that sounds about right for this year.  At this moment I figure them for 6-7 wins.
Based on their schedule and the potential awesomeness of their defense, I'm going to go with 8-8. 

If Nagy is as good as the other Andy Reid disciples, and they are right about Trubisky, I don't think winning the NFC North is crazy at all. Maybe I'm overly optimistic, which I'm usually the opposite of, but I think Chicago could be this year's version of the Rams.

I think they have plenty of potential but there are way to many questions for me to expect anything more than 8 wins this year.

A couple of us have been saying Roquan or Nelson for months.  Everyone online and TV seem to be on board with it finally. Hope it actually happens. 

I'd be on board with Derwin James as well. I like Jackson, so safety isn't a huge need or anything, but I think James is the best non-QB in the draft, and he and Amos would almost instantly be the best safety combo in the NFL. I think James could be the best safety in the NFL before long.

I'd say Nelson>James>Smith would be my list. 

I'd be on board with Derwin James as well. I like Jackson, so safety isn't a huge need or anything, but I think James is the best non-QB in the draft, and he and Amos would almost instantly be the best safety combo in the NFL. I think James could be the best safety in the NFL before long.

I'd say Nelson>James>Smith would be my list. 
We have our starting safeties already. Jackson outperformed the first 2 safeties taken last year.  No thanks. Would not be happy at all. Desperately need pass rushers and LBs

Sticking with my Tremaine Edmunds prediction.

Won’t be disappointed with pretty much anyone already mentioned.

Nelson or Chubb would rock.

That's a pretty good return for the bucs, I assume the bears turned down the same offer. Might not have been a good move

That's a pretty good return for the bucs, I assume the bears turned down the same offer. Might not have been a good move
Damn good return and I'm more than a little jealous - but doubt the Bears ever had the chance to turn down that offer...

Regardless, the best inside LB in this year's draft and a guy that Fangio is probably going to use similarly to the way he used Patrick Willis in SF is a hell of a consolation prize imo...

I knew Landry would drop. Getting him at 39 would be a great move.  Carter is still there at the moment. A bunch of good WRs left. 

I knew Landry would drop. Getting him at 39 would be a great move.  Carter is still there at the moment. A bunch of good WRs left. 
Good call on Landry. He'd be a tremendous pick at 39. For my money he's the best pass rusher in the entire draft, its just he's one dimensional. 

Some great o-line talent left too. Will Hernandez or Connor Williams would be more than welcome at 39. 

Day 2:

Lorenzo Carter OLB 
Will Hernandez OG
Josh Jackson CB
James Daniels C
Harold Landry OLB 
James Washington WR
Brian Oniell OT 
Tyrell Crosby OT
Anthony Miller WR
Courtland Sutton WR 
D.J Chark WR
Connor Williams OG

Excited to see Roquan flying all over but I’m still not sure who’s rushing the passer. By far my biggest concern right now. 

Users who are viewing this thread