What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (27 Viewers)

Anyone who has the B/R app already knows, Lefkoe and Simms are awesome.  After watching their realtime draft analysis last night on YT (with Matt Miller), I’m never watching network draft coverage again.

Here’s a taste:

https://youtu.be/0Wt_ae30mvw

Their podcast is phenomenal as well.

Very, very happy with this draft so far.  I was not expecting Daniels to fall that far and I wasn't expecting the Bears to take him but how can you pass him up?  Daniels is a stud and FINALLY the Bears draft a Hawkeye.  So tired of seeing my favorite players go to other teams in the division and they always seem to be big contributors.  Was kind of hoping for Josh Jackson but I've happy with improving the OL.

Did anyone else see that Pace said he wants to keep Whitehair at center and use Daniels at guard?  I'm not so sure about that.

Whitehair had the makings of a Pro Bowl Center in his rookie season. I'm glad they're keeping him there.  You don't think Daniels could play guard? You probably know more about him.  Sounded like it wasn't set in stone. Whitehair could play both. I just want them to put guys at their positions and leave them. I think Heistand will do that. Best out there. 

Whitehair had the makings of a Pro Bowl Center in his rookie season. I'm glad they're keeping him there.  You don't think Daniels could play guard? You probably know more about him.  Sounded like it wasn't set in stone. Whitehair could play both. I just want them to put guys at their positions and leave them. I think Heistand will do that. Best out there. 
I think Daniels can play G just fine.  Just like to see guys play their best positions and I felt Whitehair was better suited as a G and Daniels has been a great C.  I'm not an expert so I'll put my trust in this new coaching staff.  I really love what they are building right now.

Loving the trade for Miller. Great value only giving up a 4th and a future 2nd. Finally trying to win now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh Sweat
Duke Ejiofor
Quenton Meeks
Dane Cruikshank
Genard Avery
DeShon Elliott
Tyrell Crosby
Nyheim Hines
Ian Thomas
Jamarco Jones
Equanimeous St. Brown
DaeSean Hamilton

Obo Okoronkwo 

Dorance Armstrong 

Maurice Hurst 

Da’Shawn Hand
Tim Settle
RJ McIntosh

Flap, what's your thoughts on Hurst?  Worth the risk?  Would hate to see anything bad happen with him.
Not a good fit for the Bears defense.  6'1 32 inch arms

Not even considering the heart stuff. Doesn't worry me

There's that one boneheaded Pace pick from each draft.  Guy is actually from my hometown, which is even weirder. 
The guy looks fast and athletic.  Looks like he can rush the passer and drop into coverage.  He only projects as a backup LB though.  Hope he turns out to be a good one.

not really sure, never heard of him and can't find much tape.

Seems like a sub-package / back-up LB who is OK in coverage and has some special teams ability. Fangio above all covets athletic traits at LB and this guy certainly fits the bill.

Hurst might be off the Bears board. Sweat has knee concerns, Holton Hill has character concerns. 

Not sure why Tim Settle is still on the board.

Did the Bears trade up to get that fourth, or did they have two fourths? I know they traded one to get Miller. I like Miller, but I don’t like trading away next years second. Good teams trade back and accumulate picks. Bad teams trade up and spend future capital. 

Good teams dont need to make as many agressive moves, because they dont have gaping holes on their rosters.

They traded a 2nd this year for a second next year, which is a wash. In reality he gave up a 4th but get a year ahead in development for that draft pick.

Liking the edge pick in Kylie Fitts. Has the traits you want but durability is a concern which I'm OK with at this point. Some competition for Aaron Lynch.

I like the Bears direction in this draft. Read about a young lineman they expected good things from but got hurt in preseason. There will be veteran lineman released in post draft wave of free agency so hopefully RT is addressed one of these ways.

About trade for 2nd, this is a high quality draft as seen by good players dropping and isn't it common trade value a round this year is worth one round higher next year? Hopefully next years pick is worth less than this year due to better season and possibly gain some picks or less will be needed as young players develop. Losing one of the 4ths this year hurts a bit but gaining a starter/ passing down reciever is great. Not matching Cam opened this spot for healthy young player but offering a comp offer would we still have him? Or a pick? This is interesting analysis and either a learning curve lesson for Pace or maybe he was right?

Another factor is maybe this gives Kevin White value as a 4 reciever package only threat where all he has to do is burn and not worry about his weakness of not knowing routes etc. I know maybe a reach but would be nice to finally get some value from a burned 1 st rounder and from all accounts he is a pretty good guy. 

Maybe a situational veteran edge rusher can be signed in FA for a year or two as they have done in past.

I like where they improved talent at areas of need  and lessened holes requiring help ie. like a good pro franchise.

Go Bears!!!

Potential UDFAs 
Davin Bellamy OLB
Kevin Tolliver CB
Desmond Harrison OT
Michael Joseph CB
D'montre Wade CB 
Jeff Holland Edge 
Akrum Wadley RB 
Quenton Meeks CB
Tarvarus McFadden CB
Toby Weathersby OT 
Quin Blanding S 
Timon Paris OT 
Holton Hill CB
Tony Brown CB

Simmie Cobbs WR

Dimitri Flowers FB

Ryan Nall FB
Darious Williams CB 
Quadree Henderson KR

Potential UDFAs 
Davin Bellamy OLB
Kevin Tolliver CB
Desmond Harrison OT
Michael Joseph CB
D'montre Wade CB 
Jeff Holland Edge 
Akrum Wadley RB 
Quenton Meeks CB
Tarvarus McFadden CB
Toby Weathersby OT 
Quin Blanding S 
Timon Paris OT 
Holton Hill CB
Tony Brown CB

Simmie Cobbs WR

Dimitri Flowers FB

Ryan Nall FB
Darious Williams CB 
Quadree Henderson KR
Bears signed Ryan Nall

Chicago Bears UDFA
Dejon Alle, G, Hawaii 
Mike Joseph, CB, Dubuque 
Ryan Nall, RB, Oregon State 
Nick Orr, S, TCU 
Andrew Trumbetti, DE, ND

Per USA Today:

Chicago Bears: A

At No. 8, they may have gotten the draft's best linebacker, Georgia's Roquan Smith, who's plenty capable of expanding on a proud Chicago tradition. At No. 39, they may have gotten the draft's best center in Iowa's James Daniels. And, after trading up to No. 51, yes, they just may wind up getting the most impactful receiver with Memphis' Anthony Miller. Bravo, Ryan Pace.  

Only thing I can nit pick about really is keeping Sims on the roster for 6 million.   I'll take that as my only complaint any day. 

I do not like what they gave up in the trade to take Anthony Miller. The Bears gave up something like pick 40 in next year's draft, plus pick 105 in this year's draft, in exchange for pick 51 in this year's draft. That's too much. It's not like they're in win-now mode where moving the pick up a year is unusually valuable.

The players that they took with their picks seem good. I'm especially a fan of Roquan Smith in the 1st, and Daniels & Miller in the second seem like fine choices.

I do not like what they gave up in the trade to take Anthony Miller. The Bears gave up something like pick 40 in next year's draft, plus pick 105 in this year's draft, in exchange for pick 51 in this year's draft. That's too much. It's not like they're in win-now mode where moving the pick up a year is unusually valuable.

The players that they took with their picks seem good. I'm especially a fan of Roquan Smith in the 1st, and Daniels & Miller in the second seem like fine choices.
while I love Miller as a player I do agree that I'm a little hesitant in what we gave up, that 2nd rounder next year hurts

Depends if you really think Bears are a bottom 10 team next year. I don't, especially after this draft. This was the tank year, next season should be massively improved, not SB contenders, but should be vying for a playoff spot.

while I love Miller as a player I do agree that I'm a little hesitant in what we gave up, that 2nd rounder next year hurts
But they GOT a second rounder. So they ultimately gave up a 4th, which isnt chump change, but 2nd rounders should be starters, 4th rounders you expect to ve backups/special teams.  If Miller ends up a starter, its a home run.

But they GOT a second rounder. So they ultimately gave up a 4th, which isnt chump change, but 2nd rounders should be starters, 4th rounders you expect to ve backups/special teams.  If Miller ends up a starter, its a home run.
Exactly. It's not rocket science. They've been dicking around for 3 years now. They finally get aggressive and go after a big need and people complain.  

They got great value for that trade.  They essentially gave up a 4th round pick, which they had 2 of this year, to move up take a guy they really wanted this year, along with their other 2nd round pick. 

Not in "win-now" mode? When does that start? Was WR a need?  Got the guy they wanted for giving up a 4th. Easy call. 

I don't think anyone should be concerned about giving up next year's 2nd round pick.  The Bear's didn't have a 3rd round pick this year and had two 4th rounders.  Instead of trying to make a trade to get a third rounder they managed to trade up into the 2nd round.  I think it was awesome and were able to to add possibly three starters in the first two rounds.  I see it as them just moving next year's 2nd round pick up to this year.

Hopefully by this time next year the roster will be much more filled out and they won't have as many holes to fill in the draft.  They will have plenty of opportunities to get a 2nd round pick back over the year.

I don't think anyone should be concerned about giving up next year's 2nd round pick.  The Bear's didn't have a 3rd round pick this year and had two 4th rounders.  Instead of trying to make a trade to get a third rounder they managed to trade up into the 2nd round.  I think it was awesome and were able to to add possibly three starters in the first two rounds.  I see it as them just moving next year's 2nd round pick up to this year.

Hopefully by this time next year the roster will be much more filled out and they won't have as many holes to fill in the draft.  They will have plenty of opportunities to get a 2nd round pick back over the year.
Also, hopefully they at least make the playoffs which makes the pick slightly less valuable. They may be in a position that, if necessary, they can move down in the first round and pick up a second in the process. 

Wow, a nice quiet offseason break, rookies reporting, whole team on Thursday, and first "game" just over two weeks away.  We are getting this season started now!  I was completely ambivalent last season, but I'm actually a little excited this season.  Don't think the record will be that great, but hopefully building to something for the year after.  Now we just need to get Roquan signed to join everyone at camp.

Anyone here ever head down to Bourbonnais for an afternoon?

Users who are viewing this thread