What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (12 Viewers)

Freaking Larsen starting today for Coward and over Bars. Zero reason to not start Bars today. Instead, it's a 32 year old journeyman lineman. Only in Chicago. 

Ugh... Let's get this crap over with... Another medicore season where the may sneak their way to 8-8 because I'm not even sure the Vikes are planning to play with 11 players on each side because the are sitting so many.

I don't think we'll see many changes this off-season. They will say we were 8-8 and had a lot of injuries that kept them from their goals.  Outside of an upgrade at RG and Shaeen's TE position, I think we'll start next year with the same offense intact. And they'll hope for better results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh... Let's get this crap over with... Another medicore season where the may sneak their way to 8-8 because I'm not even sure the Vikes are planning to play with 11 players on each side because the are sitting so many.

I don't think we'll see many changes this off-season. They will say we were 8-8 and had a lot of injuries that kept them from their goals.  Outside of an upgrade at RG and Shaeen's TE position, I think we'll start next year with the same offense intact. And they'll hope for better results.
No I think *they* will correctly tell the narrative that we suck, and they'll explain why in accurate fashion. However, the 2nd bolded won't change. They will absolutely do the exact same crap and expect it to work. It won't. 

Any of your bears guys think Montgomery is a decent start today?
Man, I just can't predict what Nagy is going to do. I'd think he'd run the hell out of the ball and just try to get out of the season without another embarrassment, but for all I know he's going to take another chance to prove his offensive genius and throw it 50 times.

Don't know what to tell you personally.

Pace will be aggressive as usual. No chance they go into next season with all of their hopes pinned once again on Mitch. He's mostly done in Chicago. Pace and Nagy both see it. 

They'll upgrade TE and guard position, maybe upgrade even more on OL. Have to replace Prince.  He's finished. Extend Kwit. Extend Eddie.  Extend Arob.  Long is gone. Likely Trevathan is gone.  Gabriel gone. 

I would either rescind Floyd's 5th year option or sign him to a reasonable long-term contract. Floyd and Jackson have both played themselves into less lucrative contracts this season, which could be a good thing. 

I like Haha but they really need a true SS playing next to Jackson, if they extend him. 

Wish they could cut Burton, but his contract is guaranteed. Terrible signing. 

Pace will be aggressive as usual. No chance they go into next season with all of their hopes pinned once again on Mitch. He's mostly done in Chicago. Pace and Nagy both see it. 

They'll upgrade TE and guard position, maybe upgrade even more on OL. Have to replace Prince.  He's finished. Extend Kwit. Extend Eddie.  Extend Arob.  Long is gone. Likely Trevathan is gone.  Gabriel gone. 

I would either rescind Floyd's 5th year option or sign him to a reasonable long-term contract. Floyd and Jackson have both played themselves into less lucrative contracts this season, which could be a good thing. 

I like Haha but they really need a true SS playing next to Jackson, if they extend him. 

Wish they could cut Burton, but his contract is guaranteed. Terrible signing. 
I don't get why you have faith in Pace. Right now he's Angelo part 2 to me. Can draft some good mid round D (Angelo's were better most likely), but puts together a Shakey O-line, can't judge QB talent, and his teams are average at best.

I don't get why you have faith in Pace. Right now he's Angelo part 2 to me. Can draft some good mid round D (Angelo's were better most likely), but puts together a Shakey O-line, can't judge QB talent, and his teams are average at best.
I don't count the first couple of years. He took over a huge dumpster fire. If you look at what we had when he took over then and what we have now, it's not even comparable. Night and day better.  Sure, he hasn't been perfect. Missed on the most important position and a few others.  The Glennon signing was moronic. I'll accept a learning curve. Still no terrible contracts on the books. 

Think about this year. I don't remember ever being this disappointed in a Bears season. Yet, they still finished at .500 with maybe the worst starting qb in the entire league.  That, along with last year, shows me they're on the right trajectory, as long as they fix the qb position and a couple others.  Compare the past 2 seasons with the previous 4.  Way better team.  I'm not ready to part with Pace over missing on the qb and a few other positions. He's built a good roster. 

Needs to turn into consist winnining soon, though. Clock is ticking and I know Pace and Nagy know, too. No chance they stick with Mitch as the primary guy going into next season. It's their ###, if they do. 

Pace is 100% all in on Mitch. Theyll bring in somebody they can credibly claim he outplays in camp to 'boost Mitch's ego', much as they have kept any legitimate competition off the team for 3 years. Anybody recall a good NFL QB that needed his confidence protected to the extent of molding the roster to protect him from competition? I see no reason this will change. 

Time for "Would You Rather?"

Would you rather have Trubisky or....

Marcus Mariota?

Tyrod Taylor?

Phillip Rivers?

Eli Manning?

Nick Foles?

Jameis Winston?

Case Keenum?

AJ McCarron?

Teddy Bridgewater?

Josh McCown?

Ryan Tannehill?

Alex Smith?

Cam Newton?

Chase Daniel?

There are probably a few more, but these are the ones that come to mind. 

Time for "Would You Rather?"

Would you rather have Trubisky or....

Jameis Winston?

Teddy Bridgewater?

Ryan Tannehill?

There are probably a few more, but these are the ones that come to mind. 
Only three of these that strike me as better than Trubisky.  A youngster would be better, imo.

I know Trubisky can do some things, especially on the move, but most if not all of those guys would have completed most of the 'botch' incompletions Mitch consistently makes. Thats a lot of money he left on the table some of these guys could pick up. 

For the first time since 1970, the Bears didn’t have a single tight end with more than 100 yards receiving in the entire season.

Bears finished only 2nd to the Redskins in least offensive PPG this year.  17.3 PPG.  I'll have to look back to see where this ranks over the last couple of decades but it's right up there with the worst. Total embarrassment

So PPG equivalent to the last 2 years under Fox and worst since 2005 with Orton. What an absolute disaster. 

Defensive ppg same as last year but bottom third of the league in turnovers. I'm truly amazed we finished with at 500. Got really lucky.  More like a 5 win team. 

Extremely similar situation to Tennessee last off-season. They went and got a competent backup with starting experience to battle Mariota. Mariota started the season but they didn’t need to hesitate when it was clear Mariota wasn’t getting it done. 

Maybe Dalton will be our Tannehill. 

Final Mack trade

1st (24th) - 2019
6th (196th) - 2019
1st (19th) - 2020
3rd (81st) - 2020

Mack
2nd (43rd) - 2020
5th (142nd) - 2020

If you use the draft pick value chart, it's the equivalent of the 10th pick of the draft for Mack. 

Pace is staying with Mitch and happy with Floyd. 

Take him at his word and the Bears may be on the cusp of murdering a whole bunch of money and cap space. 

I was expecting some lipstick on the pig from Pace, but he seems to be straight up drinking the koolaid. I was not expecting this. Yesterday i thought you cant fire Pace without firing the whole coaching staff and cleaning house on personnel, but after hearing this... They have to fire this guy before he damages the franchise for another five seasons with bad second contracts for failed picks. Hes not rational. 

I was expecting some lipstick on the pig from Pace, but he seems to be straight up drinking the koolaid. I was not expecting this. Yesterday i thought you cant fire Pace without firing the whole coaching staff and cleaning house on personnel, but after hearing this... They have to fire this guy before he damages the franchise for another five seasons with bad second contracts for failed picks. Hes not rational. 
He needs to go

I'm there, this guy is delusional and needs to be gone.  I was expecting a fake QB competition this year, now i'm not even expecting that.  Mitch is our starting QB next year, per our GM.  I'm now starting to think we are going to see the 5th year option for Mitch....

Reading into his presser is a waste of time. What do you think he's going to say? Actions speak louder than words. 

Ryan Pace doesn’t commit to picking up the 5th year option on Mitchell Trubisky. “We’re not at that point right now. When we are, we’ll let you know.”

Does that sound like he's pinning his job on the guy? 

Reading into his presser is a waste of time. What do you think he's going to say? Actions speak louder than words. 

Ryan Pace doesn’t commit to picking up the 5th year option on Mitchell Trubisky. “We’re not at that point right now. When we are, we’ll let you know.”

Does that sound like he's pinning his job on the guy? 
Far as I'm concerned he already did.

If the Bears leave the draft with Mitch still as the entrenched starter and no legitimate competition, then I'll be pissed. But I don't think that will happen. They'll bring in someone from either FA or the draft. My bet is in FA. 

• Smile
Reactions: RBM

Users who are viewing this thread