What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (15 Viewers)

Well, Trub gave us the lead, the D let them score on one play to the guy that had been a thorn in our sides for years.

Failed two-point conversion that Nagy was laughing about afterward.  Terrible playcall there.
Yea, Mitch came up clutch when it mattered, and that was a good throw to get the team in position to win it.

I have no words other than Parkey better be off this team before the press conference 
he's not safe here, lol.

Seriously though. Rough game for Mitch although he battled back in the second half, rushing is a big part of his game and he had 9 yards I think? He has to get more consistent though which I worry about. I was surprised Cohen wasn't used more.

Need a new kicker

Defense didn't play its best game but hard to knock them for anything this season. I think by DVOA standards the CHI defense was historically amazing.

Burton injury kind of stunk, Eddie Jackson too. 

Well played by the Eagles though, entertaining game.

I thought Nagys playcalling was conservative, especially in the first half. That being said, super bowl champs, you kick a very makeable fieldgoal and move on. You dont have a kicker, this is what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then Parkey points to the sky after the miss...  F off.

Pace: “We do everything we can to improve our team.”  Yeah, right.

You just knew it would come down to this.

Parkey has a real future as a circus act, kicking footballs against poles with great precision.

GTFO.

Yea, Mitch came up clutch when it mattered, and that was a good throw to get the team in position to win it.
Giving him a pass on the 59 minutes where his offense couldn't put up more than 15 points?? That's horrible for an offense. This loss is on Mitch , the play calling, the offense in general, then the worthless Cody parky.

I thought Nagys playcalling was conservative, especially in the first half. That being said, super bowl champs, you kick a very makeable fieldgoal and move on. You dont have a kicker, this is what happens.
I actually thought the playcalling was too aggressive at times, or at least too pass heavy. They ignored Cohen/Howard for large stretches of the game. Cohen especially felt like an afterthought all game. That said, did everything they needed to do to win except make a FG, so I can't be too upset. 

This was still a great season, and only the beginning of things to come. The Bears are still getting better, while the rest of the division seems to be going the other direction.

I actually thought the playcalling was too aggressive at times, or at least too pass heavy. They ignored Cohen/Howard for large stretches of the game. Cohen especially felt like an afterthought all game. That said, did everything they needed to do to win except make a FG, so I can't be too upset. 

This was still a great season, and only the beginning of things to come. The Bears are still getting better, while the rest of the division seems to be going the other direction.
I thought there were a couple 4th and shorts around midfield in the firsr half they would have gone for in the regular season. Stage gets bigger and the gambling gets real.

I mean, I don’t even feel that bad.  We overachieved and it was a fun season, mostly.  Pure comedic irony at the end.

I’ve been calling for Parkey’s dismissal since before the 4-pole game.  Maybe the fans should be listened to, when it’s that obvious.

Someone should do the math and find out if the bears would have been better off not kicking any field goals or extra points at all this season and just going for it on all their fourth downs and going for two

I thought there were a couple 4th and shorts around midfield in the firsr half they would have gone for in the regular season. Stage gets bigger and the gambling gets real.
I wonder in those particular cases if they were related to concerns about Trubisky's mobility, since 4th and short play calls have usually featured misdirection plays, and/or roll outs? 

Bottom line, the one place I thought Philly had a clear advantage was at kicker, and that's what the game came down to. Chicago did enough to win, this loss is completely on Parkey.

Parkey should have been gone weeks ago....literally any NFL caliber kicker would have been an upgrade. 

Bottom line, the one place I thought Philly had a clear advantage was at kicker, and that's what the game came down to. Chicago did enough to win, this loss is completely on Parkey.

Parkey should have been gone weeks ago....literally any NFL caliber kicker would have been an upgrade. 
In a perfect world, I agree..The problem is any kicker on the street mid season isnt an NFL caliber kicker. Pick your poison. The failure was evaluating Parkey in the first place.

I don't understand the kicker thing.  Why is Robbie Gould not kicking for the Bears?   money?   What an extra $500,000 ?   I don't understand the mindset of a football team that thinks you can plug & play any kicker to save money.  A kicker is responsible for 3-5 games a season.  IMHO

Came down to kickers?  Elliot only kicked the ball once the second half(an extra point)

This team a bailed out by their D more than once, their pathetic offensive play is the reason they lost 

They easily could have lost by double digits 

Came down to kickers?  Elliot only kicked the ball once the second half(an extra point)

This team a bailed out by their D more than once, their pathetic offensive play is the reason they lost 

or won with a 40 yard fieldgoal.

If the script was flipped,  I have zero doubt Elliot would have split the uprights. Every time Parkey lines up a kick,  I automatically assume the worst.

...or a successful GL stand.  They needed another 20 yards to be sure and they didn’t even try.

My, what a big callus you have.
They threw to the endzone on 3rd down and kicked on 4th with 13 seconds left, im not sure what else they could have done.

Yup Eagles weakness is their secondary and we waited too long to start really attacking. Then you saw they couldn't handle ARob. And I'm sure Miller could've had success down the field as well. And 4 touches for Cohen is mind boggling. 

That and the D letting the Eagles march down for a TD in the last 5 minutes are bothering much more than the dumb ### kicker. 

I'm sick to my stomach. 

That last overthrow was on purpose, but it could’ve been completed.  At least get a sideline throw to Cohen for 5 yards, as he is the master of getting out of bounds.

Parker needs to be replaced. But this isn’t all on his shoulders. The Bears D let the team down on that last drive. They needed to make a stop and they didn’t. Mack has been a stud all year. He was invisible in this game. Mitch didnt play well in the first half. A lot of things they could have done to win this game. 

But the Bears far exceeded our expectations. I don’t think most of us would have anticipated winning 12 games, or winning the division. Mitch improved as the year progressed. He has a long way to go, but he improved. The D has a load of pieces that should be here for a number of years. Nagy had a sensational first season. A lot of positives to take away from this season.

On the other hand, had they won this game, I think they had a real shot to go to the Super Bowl. The Bears matched up well with both the Saints and the Rams. The Chiefs might be the odds on favorite to make it from the AFC. I think they match up well with them too. Unfortunately, that won’t happen. You don’t get many chances to go to the dance. The Bears May have squandered their best chance to win a Super Bowl in many years. Mitch may never get another chance. Marino went in his rookie year and never again.

All in all it tears your heart out. But there are reasons to imagine they may be in the playoff race for a number of years. Let’s all hope that is true.

post-game Nagy was getting some flack for Cohen only getting 4 touches

Parker needs to be replaced. But this isn’t all on his shoulders. The Bears D let the team down on that last drive. They needed to make a stop and they didn’t. Mack has been a stud all year. He was invisible in this game. Mitch didnt play well in the first half. A lot of things they could have done to win this game. 

But the Bears far exceeded our expectations. I don’t think most of us would have anticipated winning 12 games, or winning the division. Mitch improved as the year progressed. He has a long way to go, but he improved. The D has a load of pieces that should be here for a number of years. Nagy had a sensational first season. A lot of positives to take away from this season.

On the other hand, had they won this game, I think they had a real shot to go to the Super Bowl. The Bears matched up well with both the Saints and the Rams. The Chiefs might be the odds on favorite to make it from the AFC. I think they match up well with them too. Unfortunately, that won’t happen. You don’t get many chances to go to the dance. The Bears May have squandered their best chance to win a Super Bowl in many years. Mitch may never get another chance. Marino went in his rookie year and never again.

All in all it tears your heart out. But there are reasons to imagine they may be in the playoff race for a number of years. Let’s all hope that is true.
 Very true and I said the same earlier, the D gave up the TD on the most crucial play.

We also failed to make that two-point conversion.

Yet, still, a kicker is supposed to make kicks in crunch time and that is where this team is in dire need of improvement.

Buncha forgots on this board. Blaming a damn kicker because you QB sucks and your team refused to sign a reasonable wide receiver.

Yup Eagles weakness is their secondary and we waited too long to start really attacking. Then you saw they couldn't handle ARob. And I'm sure Miller could've had success down the field as well. And 4 touches for Cohen is mind boggling. 

That and the D letting the Eagles march down for a TD in the last 5 minutes are bothering much more than the dumb ### kicker. 

I'm sick to my stomach. 
here is a clip showing the kick was tipped   https://twitter.com/scottgustin/status/1082095504970919936?s=12

and totally agree about the Cohen thing. made no sense cause as an Eagles fan he scared me the most coming into the game. they said Burton being out hurt him a lot, so i don't know

I hope everyone sees the ball was tipped and leave Parkey alone. I feel terrible for him. If it wasn’t for him the Bears never would’ve had the chance to win it there anyway. He was kicking well the entire game. 

Fine, it was tipped.  I never wished any ill will against Parkey, but he still sucks and needs to get gone.

That was the worst time management I've seen.  WTF they call their final timeout at :33??  Hussle down and spike that ball.  My god.  These are professionals... right?  It blows my mind how a professional coach can make such a mistake.

Im shocked at the people bad mouthing the Bears as a bad 12-4 team. They beat the Rams and crushed their division. The Eagles are the freaking SB Champions and have gotten hot late. Eagles also just gotten healthy on defense, a very good defense with Fletcher Cox on it. And they lost by a missed fieldgoal that should have been made.

Its a bad beat for a young team with no playoff experience. It sucks but to imply the Bears arent for real is absurd. 

Don’t feed the trolls.

We didn’t get shut out 31-0 at home by the Lions, now, did we?  No.

I appreciate this by Leno:

https://twitter.com/JJStankevitz/status/1082092560628228096?s=20

...but at the same time it should not have come down to that.  The blame goes all around; Parkey’s just the scapegoat due to how it went down in the context of his adventures this season.

This is just normal hipfire venting after throwing away a game we should’ve won.

Fine, it was tipped.  I never wished any ill will against Parkey, but he still sucks and needs to get gone.
agreed. Parkey needs to be gone, there is a reason he has been on mulitple teams. However, the loss is not on him. Offense was basically #### the first half and had lots of 3 and outs, Cohen got 4 damn touches, and defense could not shut down the Eagles in the end

• Smile
Reactions: -X-

Users who are viewing this thread