Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
flapgreen

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Perennial Failures.

Nice to see Pace not draft a project for the 3rd year in a row. Finally a plug and play starter. Would LOVE Landry in the 2nd.

1 hour ago, RBM said:

Excited to see Roquan flying all over but I’m still not sure who’s rushing the passer. By far my biggest concern right now. 

Agree, rushing the passer and protecting our passer are my #1 and #2 concerns right now.  I didn't think there was a lights out pass rusher there at #8 so I was good with the pick.  RD 2 I want to see best OL or pass rush available personally.

• Like 2

Looking at some mocks there are the guys that are projected to bears in round 2

Corbett

Sutton

Daniels

Reid

Carter

1 hour ago, RBM said:

Excited to see Roquan flying all over but I’m still not sure who’s rushing the passer. By far my biggest concern right now. 

We need Carter this round. Pace said he discussed moving back up into the first for someone last night. 

Edited by flapgreen

Still need  pass rusher/OLB here. I think that's what they do. Biggest need and still talent left. 

3 hours ago, flapgreen said:

Day 2:

Lorenzo Carter OLB 
Will Hernandez OG
Josh Jackson CB
James Daniels C
Harold Landry OLB 
James Washington WR
Brian Oniell OT 
Tyrell Crosby OT
Anthony Miller WR
Courtland Sutton WR 
D.J Chark WR
Connor Williams OG

I think my preference would be: Jackson>Landry>Hernandez>Williams. 

I really can't believe Jackson wasn't a 1st rounder. Biggest surprise of the draft so far in my opinion. Long term, I think he could be better than Denzel Ward. 

I think the best call is - trade down 4-6 spots

If I have to make the pick it's OL.  No way I am waiting to round 4 to pick OL

Edited by The Dude

Need to trade up for Carter.  Highest athletic score for LB in RAS history.  Easy selection. 

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/04/analytics-stars-nfl-draft/

https://relativeathleticscores.com/2017/01/17/lb-relative-athletic-scores-ras-table/amp/

Edited by flapgreen

Nice 1st round pick. All I can add is that they build their lines now. Protect the QB, hammer the other guys QB. No more experiments with this 2nd and 3rd rounder. These are picks that have to make an impact this year. 

• Like 1

If they can get Roquan and Carter/Landry with their first 2 picks, I'd be floored. What a boost to an already above average defense that would be. Add that to a retooled offense and we might be onto something. 

• Like 1

The Browns seem to be drafting in great spots at an alarming rate but like the Bears it never translate into anything fruitful 

Edited by Power Monster

Nice. Daniels at center, kick Whitehair back to guard. Only weak link right now is right tackle.

Was the highest ranked OL I had left, but still not a HUGE fan. Really worried about Edge. 

Looks like flap is pissed.

Arden Key is the EDGE for us.

Edited by Vector

Still have Floyd to rush the passer, he should be used much less in coverage unlike last season. That wasn't his skillset

I understand. Gotta protect Trubisky. 2 picks and 2 starters. No more projects. Guard is a big deal in Nagy's offense.  Great zone blocker and graded as top run blocking center coming out. Projected as 1st rounder. 

• Like 2

Still, coming in to the draft a lot of people thought he was a first round. Guy. Even top ten..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vector said:

Looks like flap is pissed.

I'm not. Important need. Was one one top 5 players I had left. Still not getting an Edge guy is gonna hurt. 

1 minute ago, flapgreen said:

I'm not. Important need. Was one one top 5 players I had left. Still not getting an Edge guy is gonna hurt. 

We can still get Key.

• Like 1

LOVE the pick. Been a big fan of Anthony Miller, one of my favorite receivers of the draft. Can be slot but also outside threat and has a lot of room to improve. Even though he's not a big guy he is huge in the redzone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Anthony Miller! Boom

What did we give up for him?

Just now, The Tick said:

Any idea what we had to give up to get back into the 2nd round??  No idea about this guy.  Like the pick?

HUGE PICK.. 2ND Favorite wr in the draft. Gave up 4th this year and 2nd next

Looks like one of their 4's and a 2 from next year.

Just now, pbandy1 said:

LOVE the pick. Been a big fan of Anthony Miller, one of my favorite receivers of the draft. Can be slot but also outside threat and has a lot of room to improve. Even though he's not a big guy he is huge in the redzone.

Poor mans Larry Fitz. He's a technician with great hands, goes and gets the ball.

• Like 1

Im so excited with Miller, if you believe in X factors, this kids got it. He was a walk on, got a chip on his shoulder (in a good way). Just a football player.

• Like 1

He looks amaze balls.  Trubisquick has some serious talent around him this year.  Rags to riches.  I feel like the bears offense will start to click midway through 2018.  

• Like 1

So far so good a lil something for everyone but the key is all 3 picks have tremendous upside in areas of need. What do they do next?

• Like 1

Great stuff, guys.  Got their top D guy available and then got starters at guard and WR. :headbang:

• Like 1

Bears have gotten really fast and explosive on offense. Just need a RT and we're set. Pretty much every other need on offense filled. Weird 

Losing Cam and Alshon no longer stings.  Team has gotten fast. 

Edited by flapgreen

Potential targets remaining:

Edge:

Josh Sweat

Obo Okoronkwo 

Duke Ejiofor
 Dorance Armstrong 

DL:

Maurice Hurst 
Da’Shawn Hand
Tim Settle
RJ McIntosh

A couple of Miller’s catches reminds me of OBJ.  Seen comparisons to Antonio Brown, which is a good thing.  Lots of moxie.

Love the Daniels pick as well.  Good stuff.  Now we just need some edge guys.

Edited by -X-