Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
flapgreen

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Perennial Failures.

5 minutes ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

I’m a huge fan of Mahomes and Watson now that I’ve seen them in the NFL. I am not sold on Trubisky yet. Hope I’m wrong as a Bear fan. 

Mitch was always considered more of a project than the other two but Mitch being top 5 to top 10 in passer rating, depending the the scale, in his second season and on the way to the playoffs is a solid start. He's gotten better as the season has went on. I'm pretty pumped. 

2 minutes ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

I’m curious what is your point in quoting my post from nearly two years ago? My post wasn’t made with a “pound the desk” certainty. I used terms like “I don’t think”.

I mean I’m all for calling out overly aggressive posters who sling insults against anyone not agreeing with their takes but that’s not who I am nor how I acted about the 2017 QB class. I offered a very muted opinion that was far from certain. Now if you poke your head in the Christian McCaffrey thread you’ll see my certainty on CMC being a stud. But I didn’t do that here. 

I wasn't paying attention to who posted it or the context. Just looking back to that year and some of the opinions. Just having some fun. 

Just now, flapgreen said:

I wasn't paying attention to who posted it or the context. Just looking back to that year and some of the opinions. Just having some fun. 

Gotcha. When I’m certain I’m usually right. In this case I was neither certain nor right about the 2017 QB class. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

Gotcha. When I’m certain I’m usually right. In this case I was neither certain nor right about the 2017 QB class. 

I thought all along that the TV guys and popular takes were wrong on the 2017 QB class. Now, I was way off on wanting the Bears to take Kizer.  When they finally took Trubisky, I was just glad they went after their guy and got him. We'll see over the next couple of years if it was the right move. It looks promising right now. 

Chicago Bears defensive ranks:

#1 Scoring 
#1 Rushing
#1 Turnovers
#1 Big Plays
#1 Yards/Play

1 hour ago, unckeyherb said:

I bet he gets home twice.  

Anything is possible, but I doubt it.  Donald didn't get a single qb pressure.  Now, Long is back, too. 

Edited by flapgreen

On 9/9/2018 at 10:25 PM, flapgreen said:

Some things will never change. Losing franchise full of losers. Always will be. Don't get your hopes up anymore. 

1 hour ago, flapgreen said:

:D

On 9/9/2018 at 10:52 PM, flapgreen said:

Very weak game plan after the first 2 scripted drives. Nagy #### his pants. Not a good sign. Can't get any worse than the last 5 years so there's that. 

On 9/9/2018 at 10:09 PM, flapgreen said:

Just idiotic not running it there, Nagy. Guy doesn't get it

On 9/9/2018 at 10:09 PM, flapgreen said:

Some things never change 

Just having fun GB

Bears are a stone cold lead pipe lock this week

Edited by Mr.Pack

1 minute ago, Mr.Pack said:

:D

#### :lmao:

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

It's very clear the bears are going to win it all. I've been saying that all season long. I have predicted that in the past, but it's obvious that this is a team of destiny. I really believe they're a lock to win it all, and I don't see anything standing in their way.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

I can't wait until this game starts. I haven't been this nervous about a sporting event in many years. 

22 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

They are terrible. A few good ones on here. 

It’s a rabid fan base no doubt.  If this game were in LA I’d expect to hear nothing but Eagles chants.  Not expecting that in Chitown obviously.  Best fan base in the league, I guess that makes us terrible?  I’ll own it.  And I’ll be here to accept congrats after my birds pull it out on the road.  Haven’t been this excited about a game since we won the super bowl last year. 

3 minutes ago, unckeyherb said:

It’s a rabid fan base no doubt.  If this game were in LA I’d expect to hear nothing but Eagles chants.  Not expecting that in Chitown obviously.  Best fan base in the league, I guess that makes us terrible?  I’ll own it.  And I’ll be here to accept congrats after my birds pull it out on the road.  Haven’t been this excited about a game since we won the super bowl last year. 

You guys had a great year...last year. 

5 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

You guys had a great year...last year. 

This years not over.  

3 hours ago, unckeyherb said:

This years not over.  

It pretty much is for you guys. 

• Laughing 1

1 hour ago, flapgreen said:

It pretty much is for you guys. 

Probably shouldn’t bother playing, right?

Just 5 months ago the same people #####ing and moaning about this team now think it's unstoppable.  You can't make this up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shawnky said:

Just 5 months ago the same people #####ing and moaning about this team now think it's unstoppable.  You can't make this up.

Really no idea why this is surprising to anyone. The Bears had averaged under 5 wins a season for 4 straight years. What else would you expect? Now, they went from worst to first with the best D in the league and a completely new offensive philosophy and coach. Pretty easy to see how things have changed now. 

7 hours ago, unckeyherb said:

Probably shouldn’t bother playing, right?

I've never said the Eagles weren't good. They're coming off a Super Bowl and a great late season run. They're not moving the ball on the Bears defense, though. 

5 hours ago, flapgreen said:

I've never said the Eagles weren't good. They're coming off a Super Bowl and a great late season run. They're not moving the ball on the Bears defense, though. 

It's not even going to be close. The Eagles are nowhere near the bears in terms of talent. They're going to get annihilated. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Pumped for this, just hope Mitch doesn't crap the bed like Watson did yesterday. Foles has him on playoff experience so I hope the game isn't too big for Mitch.

9 hours ago, IheartGuinness said:

It's not even going to be close. The Eagles are nowhere near the bears in terms of talent. They're going to get annihilated. 

Birds are going to win by a TD+.  Sorry.

• Laughing 1

9 hours ago, IheartGuinness said:

Birds are going to win by a TD+.  Sorry.

1 hour ago, The Tick said:

Pumped for this, just hope Mitch doesn't crap the bed like Watson did yesterday. Foles has him on playoff experience so I hope the game isn't too big for Mitch.

He won't and it isn't. This Bears team is built completely different than the Texans. They depend on Watson to win their games. 

Mike Singletary "A Football Life" on NFLN right now. So damn good. 

• Like 1

No Burton. Thanks for nothing #######. 

Eddie active but very limited. 

7 minutes ago, unckeyherb said:

Confident

I would expect nothing else from Eagles fans. Good luck

LET'S DO IT BOYS

Been waiting a long time for this. 

Edited by RBM

Just look over-matched. Lots of bad signs in that quarter. 

7 minutes ago, RBM said:

Just look over-matched. Lots of bad signs in that quarter. 

They're fine. Eagles are seasoned playoff team. This is the first one for most of the Bears. Have to settle in

5 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

They're fine. Eagles are seasoned playoff team. This is the first one for most of the Bears. Have to settle in

I'm closer to ####ting myself than settling in bro. 

We have two very good running backs. Why the hell does Nagy insist on using Cunningham and Mizell in key spots?  So dumb. 

Being screwed big time by the refs now. Awesome 

Fun season. They just can't score though. Offense not there yet and D just overwhelmed by this offense. 

58 minutes ago, RBM said:

We have two very good running backs. Why the hell does Nagy insist on using Cunningham and Mizell in key spots?  So dumb. 

As a Saints fan, let’s discuss this next time Payton puts Hill in at QB over Drew Brees for a play. 

weakest 12-4 team in the history of the NFL.

I thought Mack was the Savior?since the Rex Grossman era,  they've won as many playoff games with Mack as without him ..zero.zippo.

ah well..get 'em next year Bears!

15 hours ago, IheartGuinness said:

You were saying?

• Like 3

Well, Trub gave us the lead, the D let them score on one play to the guy that had been a thorn in our sides for years.

Failed two-point conversion that Nagy was laughing about afterward.  Terrible playcall there.

• Like 1