What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (9 Viewers)

Passing up a FG opportunity wasn’t a good look, but in the end it didn’t matter.

Hey, now we get to go up against our good buddy Vic.

Run the ball, Nagy.
3.07 yards per carry, including Mitch scrambling. Nagey made dumb calls but rushing against 8 man fronts isn't getting you the W. 

Lurker Packers fan here.

You Chicago fans WAY overreact.  You have a great defense and alot of weapons on offense. 

It is a rivalry game. This game  says nothing for the rest of season. 

The fans booing early in the game was more embarrassing than the product on the field. 

Quote this post. Unfortunately (for Packers fans), the NFC North will be very close in December .

Miller had 1 target.  Not enough.
From what I saw, he was only on the field   for 1 or 2 plays.   Thats not enough either. Of course, he may have been out there and I didn't see him, but I was watching closely at times, and others I wasn't even watching this ####fest.  :wall:     (His jersey was clean as a whistle very late in the game, like he had been riding the pine)

I happened to start him as a WR3 in one league, and he is on the bench now.  The rumblings seem to be he was getting over a gimpy ankle.

BUT - I noticed something, well..... we all should have seen him shove the defender after the play was essentially over tonight.  I remembered back to a few plays from last year at various times, where he did similar bonehead actions.  (pushing defenders,  jerking guys aside after the play was over...and I believe I saw him taunting one Lions' defender well after a play was over)  He seems more and more like a hothead, when I take everything into consideration.  Perhaps I caught him at his rare bad times, because I am certainly not much of a Bears film watcher.

You can be one of the greatest playmakers in the world, and if the QB can't get you the ball, combined with being a hothead/drawing occasional penalties, its looking more and more like a headache I don't need.

Just a lowly WR3 for me on a single squad, it may just end up being a cut soon, depending on what I can add on the wire. At best hes now on the bench until something changes.

Tonight was just...... BAD.  I'm not blaming him altogether, but Trubisky looked brutal at times, and if you aren't getting a bunch of looks in these scenarios, (Allen Robinson!) it doesn't set up for fantasy success.

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
Lurker Packers fan here.

You Chicago fans WAY overreact.  You have a great defense and alot of weapons on offense. 

The fans booing early in the game was more embarrassing than the product on the field. 

Quote this post. Unfortunately (for Packers fans), the NFC North will be very close in December .
GG.  Definitely was a throwback type of game.

Have to catch it before you fumble it.  Wasn’t even good enough to fumble it. 
Super ugly almost catch. Still have to assume live ball and jump on it. Some other dude had to come in and get on it while he was standing over it. Not getting on loose balls is lazy or low football IQ. But yeah, not sucking should be job #1 and go from there.

After seeing it all since Payton, I’m not even jaded, just disappointed and cautiously pessimistic.

At least I’m a FIB and ####### proud of it.  We’ll be back.

I think the only usable players for fantasy will be ARob, and Cohen in games when they are chasing. I think the RB situation will be a committee. Trubisky will probably be usable in superflex. 

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
Unfortunately, we are seeing what we have seen for many years. We should be used to watching QBs who are inaccurate, make bad decisions, and don’t do a good job reading defenses. We saw it through the Sexy Rexy years, and again through the Cutler years. The only difference now is Nagy did a good job of hiding Trubiskys flaws last year. Tonight he did not. But all and all, so far, Trubisky looks like Blake Bortles. Or brings back memories of Rex and Jay. That is not encouraging.

From what I saw, he was only on the field   for 1 or 2 plays.   Thats not enough either. Of course, he may have been out there and I didn't see him, but I was watching closely at times, and others I wasn't even watching this ####fest.  :wall:     (His jersey was clean as a whistle very late in the game, like he had been riding the pine)

I happened to start him as a WR3 in one league, and he is on the bench now.  The rumblings seem to be he was getting over a gimpy ankle.

BUT - I noticed something, well..... we all should have seen him shove the defender after the play was essentially over tonight.  I remembered back to a few plays from last year at various times, where he did similar bonehead actions.  (pushing defenders,  jerking guys aside after the play was over...and I believe I saw him taunting one Lions' defender well after a play was over)  He seems more and more like a hothead, when I take everything into consideration.  Perhaps I caught him at his rare bad times, because I am certainly not much of a Bears film watcher.

You can be one of the greatest playmakers in the world, and if the QB can't get you the ball, combined with being a hothead/drawing occasional penalties, its looking more and more like a headache I don't need.

Just a lowly WR3 for me on a single squad, it may just end up being a cut soon, depending on what I can add on the wire. At best hes now on the bench until something changes.

Tonight was just...... BAD.  I'm not blaming him altogether, but Trubisky looked brutal at times, and if you aren't getting a bunch of looks in these scenarios, (Allen Robinson!) it doesn't set up for fantasy success.

TZM
No argument here.  Sloppy play all around offensively and very few positive plays in space.  That’s on Trub and Nagy.

Unfortunately, we are seeing what we have seen for many years. We should be used to watching QBs who are inaccurate, make bad decisions, and don’t do a good job reading defenses. We saw it through the Sexy Rexy years, and again through the Cutler years. The only difference now is Nagy did a good job of hiding Trubiskys flaws last year. Tonight he did not. But all and all, so far, Trubisky looks like Blake Bortles. Or brings back memories of Rex and Jay. That is not encouraging.
Do you think it's possible Chicago drafts a qb this year if a good one is in round 1 or 2? 

ETA: it's only been one game, but assuming trubisky doesnt do a complete 180 in season

Let’s be real, guys.  We held Rodgers & co. to 10 points.  That’s the least we’ve held them to in a long time.

Just need to get the offense functional.

Do you think it's possible Chicago drafts a qb this year if a good one is in round 1 or 2? 

ETA: it's only been one game, but assuming trubisky doesnt do a complete 180 in season
Same ol' Bears.  No QB.  This guy doesn't have it.  They need to draft someone in the next two year.  Only problem is management is sold on Trubisky.  He is awful.  Bears never had a QB and I dream of the day that will change.  The Cubs won the World Series once in my lifetime, I can dream.

Lurker Packers fan here.

You have a hall of fame QB for what over 20 years?   We have not had an average QB for my lifetime (49 years).  We are not overreacting,  Sick and tired of it.  The play calling sucked and the QB decisions were worse.  The boos were deserved.  It will be many years before we hoist the Lombardi Trophy again. We had hope this year that was crushed tonight in the reality of what the Bears are.  Good luck the rest of the season, the Bears won't be in your way.  Hope the Vikings are not paper mâché like the Bears.  

I guess they had too much fun in camp and going up against our great defense in practice wasn’t enough preparation.

Glad the offense was booed off the field.

Time to get to work.

“The Bears ran 23 plays in the fourth quarter. Matt Nagy called 23 passes, 0 runs... and Trubisky completed just 12 of those 4th quarter attempts”

:ptts:

Hello, McFly? One-dimensional much?

Defense won't miss a beat and the offense will be twice what it was last year. This is our year. 

Sports Illustrated predicts Bears will finish last in NFC North in 2019 

Bwaahahaahha :lmao:

National media are determined to find any way to criticize the Bears after being so wrong on them last year.  Won't matter. 

ESPN experts ranked Chicago Bears QB Mitch Trubisky as top-10 MVP candidate for this upcoming season.

Wonder if they'll all go back and admit how wrong they were on the Trubisky trade? Nah

Getting our young studs locked up. Goldman locked up. Things are looking great! 

Horrible. Same old Bears offense. Seems like nothing ever changes 

Waited 8 months for this garbage on offense 

Trubisky can't throw to anyone. Terrible 

Bunch of losers. Always have been. Always will be 

Pitiful pitiful excuse for a football team
They have medicine to treat stuff like this.

It was one freaking game.  Can't wait for next week around here when Mitch is a MVP candidate and Nagy is brilliant.

:lmao: Nagy thinks he's being tricky. Their best drive was with Montgomery on the field, running the ball. FG. Let's not do that again, we might score. Let's put lesser players in to confuse the D. Good thing we have Patterson. He's such a superstar.

Miller just moved down to the #6WR spot on my bench.

“The Bears ran 23 plays in the fourth quarter. Matt Nagy called 23 passes, 0 runs... and Trubisky completed just 12 of those 4th quarter attempts”

:ptts:

Hello, McFly? One-dimensional much?
This was my biggest problem with how the game ended. Mitch actually got going in the 4th when he got some tempo, we needed to run it when we got into the red zone, I thought that was the point of signing and drafting RBs. Mitch was bad last night, he looked out of his depth, but the play calling was just as bad. Needs more creativity, needs more variety, needs to get set faster, and since Mitch seems to be having problems, needs to have more motion pre snap to show him as much about the defense as possible

Bears didn't run the ball once past 10 minutes left remaining in the 3rd quarter. 30 straight passing plays in a 7 point game. Pathetic 

Lurker Packers fan here.

Oh please. When any team looks like that, they get booed in any sport and deservedly so. Embarrassing 

and since Mitch seems to be having problems, needs to have more motion pre snap to show him as much about the defense as possible
I actually think the opposite. Mitch seems to have the most success when they snap the ball immediately , and he guns it to his first option. Thats not a compliment. 

Let’s be real, guys.  We held Rodgers & co. to 10 points.  That’s the least we’ve held them to in a long time.

Exactly. So much overreacting. It takes about 3 weeks to get an accurate feel for what a team is going to be like and even that can be too early. 

There were only a few fantasy relevant positions from this game. Graham, Robinson and both defenses. That’s about it. 

Is the Adam Shaheen experiment over yet? Dude looks like a less athletic Herman Munster out there. How about jumping on the ball you fumbled instead of looking around?
Herman was a two sport beast.  I saw him kick 80 yard field goals and hit balls not just out of the stadium, but out of the county.  Don't be bagging on Herman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKBpn13P5oQ

I'm cool with the not overreacting critiques. I have no doubt this offense will look better this season. They will clean up the O-line, fix the penalties and drops, get the ball in the hands of the right weapons. 

But the giant red flag I cant get out of my head is that you have a 3rd year franchise quarterback that cant find receivers if his first read is covered. I dont know how you fix that. And now that everybody in the world knows that to be the case, the repercussions are staggering. The Packers entire game plan was to ignore everything else and try to guess Mitch's first read and cover that guy. They didnt care about the run, they didnt care about every other Bear having one on one with bad matchups on the backside. Seeing the field isnt something you can teach.

Yes, Nagee can and will scheme to get the ball out of Mitch's hands quickly and find ways for him to throw to spots where his receivers should be to keep defenses at least a little honest. But thats just a giant bandaid. At the end of the day you just have a clever coach, great weapons, and a bad quarterback. And I dont think you can win a superbowl with a bad quarterback.

I'm cool with the not overreacting critiques. I have no doubt this offense will look better this season. They will clean up the O-line, fix the penalties and drops, get the ball in the hands of the right weapons. 

But the giant red flag I cant get out of my head is that you have a 3rd year franchise quarterback that cant find receivers if his first read is covered. I dont know how you fix that. And now that everybody in the world knows that to be the case, the repercussions are staggering. The Packers entire game plan was to ignore everything else and try to guess Mitch's first read and cover that guy. They didnt care about the run, they didnt care about every other Bear having one on one with bad matchups on the backside. Seeing the field isnt something you can teach.

Yes, Nagee can and will scheme to get the ball out of Mitch's hands quickly and find ways for him to throw to spots where his receivers should be to keep defenses at least a little honest. But thats just a giant bandaid. At the end of the day you just have a clever coach, great weapons, and a bad quarterback. And I dont think you can win a superbowl with a bad quarterback.
McMahon and Dilfer weren't great QBs and were able to ride their defenses to Super Bowl wins, so there is always hope I suppose.

Beyond just bad reads and inaccurate throws, my biggest issue with Mitch is that he doesn't seem like a great leader. I don't mean just the rah rah stuff, but he doesn't really look particularly comfortable out there 3 years in. He needs to be able to exude some kind of confidence out there.

McMahon and Dilfer weren't great QBs and were able to ride their defenses to Super Bowl wins, so there is always hope I suppose.

Beyond just bad reads and inaccurate throws, my biggest issue with Mitch is that he doesn't seem like a great leader. I don't mean just the rah rah stuff, but he doesn't really look particularly comfortable out there 3 years in. He needs to be able to exude some kind of confidence out there.
Nagy needs a more balanced offense.  There was no reason to have Mitch throw the ball over 40 times.

As a Packer fan I am pleased with a divisional win on the road to open the season.  I am pleased we have extra time to prepare for our next game against the Vikings.  I am pleased we came out with no apparent major injuries. I am pleased our rookie head coach got his first win.  I am not pleased, however, with Tramon Williams shooting off his mouth about Mitchell Trubisky.  True we escaped with a win,  True he did not have a great or even a good game, but try to win with class. Do not denigrate an opponent you are going to have to see again in the season.  Don't motivate a dangerous team.  Try just being quietly pleased.  Pour sugar on your opponent, not salt in their wounds.  We don't yet know who the Bears are this season but they are still the reigning Divisional champs, give them their due.

As a Packer fan I am pleased with a divisional win on the road to open the season.  I am pleased we have extra time to prepare for our next game against the Vikings.  I am pleased we came out with no apparent major injuries. I am pleased our rookie head coach got his first win.  I am not pleased, however, with Tramon Williams shooting off his mouth about Mitchell Trubisky.  True we escaped with a win,  True he did not have a great or even a good game, but try to win with class. Do not denigrate an opponent you are going to have to see again in the season.  Don't motivate a dangerous team.  Try just being quietly pleased.  Pour sugar on your opponent, not salt in their wounds.  We don't yet know who the Bears are this season but they are still the reigning Divisional champs, give them their due.
That Pats are the masters of this. 

I believe that the Bears have a Super Bowl caliber defense. The defense could probably win four or five games by themselves, against weaker opponents. They need to stay healthy. They were very lucky last year that they had very few injuries on defense. We can only hope that is the case this year too.

Last year Nagy did a great job scheming players open. Trubisky looks fine when he is throwing from a clean pocket, and to wide open receivers. Unfortunately, we didn’t see that last night. Two plays I noticed, on a third and nine Trubisky throws at ARob, who is blanketed by the corner. Patterson is about nine yards to the right wide open. Trubisky either didn’t see him, or made a bad decision. On the Shaheen drop, Montgomery was all by himself underneath. Trubisky still isn’t seeing the field, going through progressions, and is making bad decisions. Nagy can scheme some of that away.

The decision to sit all your players during preseason, keeps players healthy. But the offense looked rusty. The decision to sit players leads to it taking three or four games to get up to speed. So do you sacrifice the first few games of the season to go in to the season healthy? Unfortunately, this was probably the most important game of the season for the Bears in the regular season. You win and you create momentum. You lose and you put yourselves in a huge hole as far as winning the division.

Nagys decision to sit players in the preseason now makes it much less likely the Bears make the postseason. If the Bears had a veteran QB like Rivers or Brees, sitting the QB is okay. Even Rodgers looked rusty. But he got up to speed quickly. Trubisky needed the reps, and he could have used positive momentum. Now he was already booed in his own stadium.That can’t be good for his psyche, or his development.

My biggest worry is that Trubisky is Blake Bortles. So far, in Trubiskys career, they look very similar.

This was my biggest problem with how the game ended. Mitch actually got going in the 4th when he got some tempo, we needed to run it when we got into the red zone, I thought that was the point of signing and drafting RBs. Mitch was bad last night, he looked out of his depth, but the play calling was just as bad. Needs more creativity, needs more variety, needs to get set faster, and since Mitch seems to be having problems, needs to have more motion pre snap to show him as much about the defense as possible
For real, Trub needs to say “F you, Nagy, we’re running the ball” and start changing plays in the huddle or at the line.  Very clear he’s on a short leash and is nowhere near “mastering the offense.”  Patterson looked like a slug out there.

I believe that the Bears have a Super Bowl caliber defense. The defense could probably win four or five games by themselves, against weaker opponents. They need to stay healthy. They were very lucky last year that they had very few injuries on defense. We can only hope that is the case this year too.

Last year Nagy did a great job scheming players open. Trubisky looks fine when he is throwing from a clean pocket, and to wide open receivers. Unfortunately, we didn’t see that last night. Two plays I noticed, on a third and nine Trubisky throws at ARob, who is blanketed by the corner. Patterson is about nine yards to the right wide open. Trubisky either didn’t see him, or made a bad decision. On the Shaheen drop, Montgomery was all by himself underneath. Trubisky still isn’t seeing the field, going through progressions, and is making bad decisions. Nagy can scheme some of that away.

The decision to sit all your players during preseason, keeps players healthy. But the offense looked rusty. The decision to sit players leads to it taking three or four games to get up to speed. So do you sacrifice the first few games of the season to go in to the season healthy? Unfortunately, this was probably the most important game of the season for the Bears in the regular season. You win and you create momentum. You lose and you put yourselves in a huge hole as far as winning the division.

Nagys decision to sit players in the preseason now makes it much less likely the Bears make the postseason. If the Bears had a veteran QB like Rivers or Brees, sitting the QB is okay. Every Rodgers looked rusty. But he got up to speed quickly. Trubisky needed the reps, and he could have used positive momentum. Now he was already booed in his own stadium.That can’t be good for his psyche, or his development.

My biggest worry is that Trubisky is Blake Bortles. So far, in Trubiskys career, they look very similar.
Worse than Bortles.  Much worse!

What I saw last night was a Superbowl defense.  The Bear OL was terrible.  The Packer dudes on D get paid too, but that's not a world-beater DL.

I see what the Nagy and the Bears see in Trubisky.  Guy has a cannon and good scrambling ability.  All Mahomes/Watson jokes aside, this is Mitch's second year (and he really didn't play that much in college), hopefully he can learn from a game like this (quickly).  Whoever is working with this kid has to teach him some basics...looking off receivers....pump fakes...there's a lot of QB101 stuff that he just doesn't do.

But last nights game....it was glaringly obvious that they were not prepared.  The very first offensive play, they had trouble lining up (it had the look of some cutesy back of the playbook thing Nagy loves).  The coaching staff from top to bottom laid an egg in this game.  This is kind of what they get for treating this like the first preseason game.  You can't blow off 4 preseason games and expect to turn on the juice when the lights come on.  There was also a distinct moment when you could tell they'd all but abandoned the run, which was very weird in such a close game.  

I have a lot of confidence in Nagy, so I'm not totally worried about that piece.  There was nobody in the world more embarrassed last night than he was.  That will get straightened out.  He just needs to get it through his head that Mitch can't do everything he wants him to do.

ETA: Twistd and I were typing basically the same thing at the same time  :hifive:

• Thanks
Reactions: -X-
Trubisky could easily be a Bottles. Don't see any Wow plays out of him like you see with machines and Mayfield.

Patterson is simply stealing $ from the bears like he has his whole useless career. He is only in the NFL because he's fast. Dumb teams haven't figured out, simply being fast doesn't make you good at football.

I’m so glad I sold off Anthony Miller in Dynasty during the offseason. I think he is a talented player, but I didn’t trust Trubisky. I tried to sell ARob, but couldn’t get a decent price. Maybe ARob can be viable. He could dominate targets. He did produce with subpar QB play in Jax, he could do it in Chicago.

Cohen was the RB to draft. I missed that. The Bears will be chasing a lot I suspect. Montgomery will be over drafted in redraft. Nagy is going to use a committee. Even though Montgomery is clearly the better back, Davis will get a lot of touches. Suffering from the expectation of rational coaching here. 

What I saw last night was a Superbowl defense.  The Bear OL was terrible.  The Packer dudes on D get paid too, but that's not a world-beater DL.

I see what the Nagy and the Bears see in Trubisky.  Guy has a cannon and good scrambling ability.  All Mahomes/Watson jokes aside, this is Mitch's second year (and he really didn't play that much in college), hopefully he can learn from a game like this (quickly).  Whoever is working with this kid has to teach him some basics...looking off receivers....pump fakes...there's a lot of QB101 stuff that he just doesn't do.

But last nights game....it was glaringly obvious that they were not prepared.  The very first offensive play, they had trouble lining up (it had the look of some cutesy back of the playbook thing Nagy loves).  The coaching staff from top to bottom laid an egg in this game.  This is kind of what they get for treating this like the first preseason game.  You can't blow off 4 preseason games and expect to turn on the juice when the lights come on.  There was also a distinct moment when you could tell they'd all but abandoned the run, which was very weird in such a close game.  

I have a lot of confidence in Nagy, so I'm not totally worried about that piece.  There was nobody in the world more embarrassed last night than he was.  That will get straightened out.  He just needs to get it through his head that Mitch can't do everything he wants him to do.

ETA: Twistd and I were typing basically the same thing at the same time  :hifive:
I honestly think the Packers D might be really good. So I don’t think the o line was terrible. They certainly struggled. But that might be because the Packers front seven are really good. We will know more next week, because the Broncos have a strong pass rush too. Let’s see if they struggle there.  And let’s not forget, the Nagy decision to not play starters in the preseason effects the o line too. They need reps to get in sync along with the rest of the offense.

It was the first game!  The defense will keep them in every game they play.  That front 7 is super nasty!  

On the flip side, the GB defense was very impressive.  So I wouldn't conclude that da Bears are toast after one game.  They will find their stride offensively.  Yea, Mitch looked a lil shell-shocked, and was inaccurate much of the game, but I think he will come around....The take home for me was upgrade the GB defense.  They are legit.

Users who are viewing this thread