What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (3 Viewers)

Trubisky will be fine. Only played one year in college. Needed2-3 years of seasoning before even seeing the field. Need to give him all of this year and next to get to the point he can begin to improve to the level you need.  Trying to speed up the rebuild process with Mack was the mistake. That type of deal rarely works. Need guys on cheap contacts via the draft. 

Trubisky will be fine. Only played one year in college. Needed2-3 years of seasoning before even seeing the field. Need to give him all of this year and next to get to the point he can begin to improve to the level you need.  Trying to speed up the rebuild process with Mack was the mistake. That type of deal rarely works. Need guys on cheap contacts via the draft. 
If your QB needs 5 years to develop, you dont have a QB. 

And he wont be fine. 

Wow.  This D blows without Hicks.  He was the real MVP.  Stupid penalties killing us.  Multiple neutral zone infractions, personal foul on 4th down, can’t cover Ertz.  Hands to the face on Ertz not called on his TD.

No need to talk about the O, as it is non-existent yet again.

Decided to not give the Bears any of my time today. Working around the house.  After checking online, it looks like I made the right decision. Team of losers. No guts

I actually LOL’d when Trub was sacked to put us at -10 yards of total offense before our last drive “explosion.”  Absolutely abysmal.

Reminds me of the Craig Krenzel days, yet somehow worse.

Going to the shortest guy (Cohen) on the field on a mid-out instead of having Wims out there.

:bag:

Shaheen is the dumbest guy ever.  Just fall on it!  That’s also bad coaching because you tell them all beforehand to fall on it if it’s kicked short.  Made a game of it, but once again, the D failed on two key third and longs late.

Chasing .444. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That was ####### frustrating... The most pathetic first half of football I've ever seen followed by a pretty good offensive second half. Trubisky finally hit the open guys for big plays and turned them into touchdowns. That and don't turn it over is all you can ask at this point.

I dont know why Nagy didnt challenge for OPI on the Ertz TD. It was a questionable call that could have taken points off the board. 

He is in over his head. What a difference a year makes. 

• Thanks
Reactions: -X-
I dont know why Nagy didnt challenge for OPI on the Ertz TD. It was a questionable call that could have taken points off the board. 

He is in over his head. What a difference a year makes. 
Yeah Eartz gave him a forearm to the face and ran the F over him. Granted the way they have been reviewing those they probably would have called it a clean play.

Why was Shaheen on the kick return team? He can't block and cant catch, but besides that hes perfect. 

Andy Dalton or Teddy Bridgewater? Dalton might actually be cheaper alternative. Tough to imagine being able to use draft capital to get a Qb that can step in a start. 

Andy Dalton or Teddy Bridgewater? Dalton might actually be cheaper alternative. Tough to imagine being able to use draft capital to get a Qb that can step in a start. 
Bridgewater will require multiple drafts picks. Dalton will probably be released and would be a great option as a bridge. 

Bridgewater will require multiple drafts picks. Dalton will probably be released and would be a great option as a bridge. 
Teddy's on a 1 year deal with NO. He could be signed as a UFA but you'll be spending $20-$30 million for the contract. Dalton could be seen as damaged goods and "Show me" deal. Pace has to do something with both Mitch and Nagy. I wouldn't be surprised if Nagy gives up playcalling for the Bears after the struggles lately this year.

Teddy's on a 1 year deal with NO. He could be signed as a UFA but you'll be spending $20-$30 million for the contract. Dalton could be seen as damaged goods and "Show me" deal. Pace has to do something with both Mitch and Nagy. I wouldn't be surprised if Nagy gives up playcalling for the Bears after the struggles lately this year.
I stand corrected. I thought the Saints signed him for 3.  I'm not too concerned with the contract. They would've had to have paid Mitch after next year anyway.  Dalton will command a significant salary, as well imo.

I stand corrected. I thought the Saints signed him for 3.  I'm not too concerned with the contract. They would've had to have paid Mitch after next year anyway.  Dalton will command a significant salary, as well imo.
They need to spend some money to upgrade the o-line and TE position. You also need to pay Danny T, iirc, or move on. Dalton will get paid $18-$25mm, if I had to guess. It will depend on the length of the contract, I supposed. Teddy will be $25-$30mm for sure. Pace may get less static from fans by paying Teddy - who fans saw up close in the NO beat down - than Dalton because his image as a loser from Cincy. I think if you have *any* confidence in Mitch then you go for Dalton because he can be challenged possibly by him. 

They need to spend some money to upgrade the o-line and TE position. You also need to pay Danny T, iirc, or move on. Dalton will get paid $18-$25mm, if I had to guess. It will depend on the length of the contract, I supposed. Teddy will be $25-$30mm for sure. Pace may get less static from fans by paying Teddy - who fans saw up close in the NO beat down - than Dalton because his image as a loser from Cincy. I think if you have *any* confidence in Mitch then you go for Dalton because he can be challenged possibly by him. 
No one has any confidence in Mitch. He's finished. They will need to upgrade at TE and OL for sure. 

Call me crazy, but if Nagy wants a pocket passer for his west coast offense, I may take a look at Winston. Bridgewater won't happen, I don't want Mariota, maybe Dalton.

I don't want to sign Bridgewater or Dalton, unless you can get them on a one year deal. I don't want either of them on a long term contract. Do the same thing they did prior to Trubisky. Bring in a veteran short term, and find a qb in the draft. 

No one has any confidence in Mitch. He's finished. They will need to upgrade at TE and OL for sure. 
folks were reasonably confident going into this season though. personally, i think he's terrible but maybe Nagy/Pace give him the benefit of the doubt in the offseason. he gets "challenged" rather than throw in the towel immediately. they have an open competition at QB maybe with a vet. Teddy's not going to sign a short contract or anything short of being announced the starter. Dalton might do a 3-year deal with some incentives. it's going to be interesting to see how they play this.

I don't want to sign Bridgewater or Dalton, unless you can get them on a one year deal. I don't want either of them on a long term contract. Do the same thing they did prior to Trubisky. Bring in a veteran short term, and find a qb in the draft. 
Because Chicago is good at drafting QBs?

Because Chicago is good at drafting QBs?
They aren't good at signing QB's either. 

At least with drafting a QB, you don't have to pay them huge money until you know what you've got. Paying Teddy or Andy $20 mil a year for 3-4 years (with some guaranteed money) makes it difficult to add other players. 

Teddy's pretty damn good even if he's not truly elite. he offers a lot that a coach can like: he's motivated, coming from a complex offense, mobile, and not prone to mistakes. Teddy looked good when he played against them in week 6. i don't think you're going to find a rookie QB that can start in round 2 because how front-loaded the QBs will be in this new draft. so what vet QB worth a damn signs a 1-year? there are very few options for the Bears.

At least with drafting a QB, you don't have to pay them huge money until you know what you've got. Paying Teddy or Andy $20 mil a year for 3-4 years (with some guaranteed money) makes it difficult to add other players. 
this is why Mitch is such a disaster. you can't keep missing on drafting Qbs because you're wasting prime years of EVERYONE else on your team. your window - with this defense and skill position offensive players - is more or less now. if you can find a veteran QB and they're half-way decent then you're actually competing for a championship.

Pretty sure the FO & coaching staff have yet to figure out that Mitch sucks. We all see it but I really don't think they do yet.

Teddy's pretty damn good even if he's not truly elite. he offers a lot that a coach can like: he's motivated, coming from a complex offense, mobile, and not prone to mistakes. Teddy looked good when he played against them in week 6. i don't think you're going to find a rookie QB that can start in round 2 because how front-loaded the QBs will be in this new draft. so what vet QB worth a damn signs a 1-year? there are very few options for the Bears.
I don't have anything to back it up, but my gut tells me Teddy regresses after he gets his payday. 

There always seems to be a 2nd round QB that outplays his draft position. How many 1st rounders are there going to be this year? How many teams are needing a QB? 

Cincinnati

Miami

Tennessee

Tampa Bay

Indy?

this is why Mitch is such a disaster. you can't keep missing on drafting Qbs because you're wasting prime years of EVERYONE else on your team. your window - with this defense and skill position offensive players - is more or less now. if you can find a veteran QB and they're half-way decent then you're actually competing for a championship.
Chase Daniel. 

I don't have anything to back it up, but my gut tells me Teddy regresses after he gets his payday. 

There always seems to be a 2nd round QB that outplays his draft position. How many 1st rounders are there going to be this year? How many teams are needing a QB? 

Cincinnati

Miami

Tennessee

Tampa Bay

Indy?
Indy - Brissett 100%

Tampa - Winston isn't going anywhere; like 70/30 odds he's a returning starter.

TN - drafting 100%

Washington - drafting 100%

Cincy - drafting 100%

Miami - drafting 100%

Not sure who falls to R2 but you're reaching whoever its. This is especially problematic when you consider the o-line is garbage. Indy is a textbook example of what happens when you invest in the o-line. waiting until R4 is a failure.

Indy - Brissett 100%

Tampa - Winston isn't going anywhere; like 70/30 odds he's a returning starter.

TN - drafting 100%

Washington - drafting 100%

Cincy - drafting 100%

Miami - drafting 100%

Not sure who falls to R2 but you're reaching whoever its. This is especially problematic when you consider the o-line is garbage. Indy is a textbook example of what happens when you invest in the o-line. waiting until R4 is a failure.
They just took a QB in the 1st round?

Um, yeah, nope. Spot starts are fine but he cannot carry you for an entire season.
Then he shouldn't be on the roster. 

You've backed yourself into a corner by wanting Bridgewater. He hasn't done anything since the last few years (I know, he was injured). But, stepping in an winning with the Saints is much different from leading the Bears. Coaching and O line are not even close to the same.

Dan Snyder picked him. Coach didn't want him. Coach is gone but you can't run with Haskins with that obvious reach.
Not sure what you mean?

Haskins is going to get his shot the rest of the season. At this point, the jury is still out. Before you say, it's not. Nobody would have said that Minshew, or Brissett, or Allen would have had the success they've had. Until they got their shot. Even Bridgewater falls into this category.

Then he shouldn't be on the roster. 

You've backed yourself into a corner by wanting Bridgewater. He hasn't done anything since the last few years (I know, he was injured). But, stepping in an winning with the Saints is much different from leading the Bears. Coaching and O line are not even close to the same.
Which is why Nagy might not be calling plays much longer. There is no question about Teddy's ability to understand, process a complex playbook because he's coming from the Payton experience. There aren't a lot of options for the Bears beyond Dalton or Teddy in FA. No rookies will do any better in the later rounds.

Which is why Nagy might not be calling plays much longer. There is no question about Teddy's ability to understand, process a complex playbook because he's coming from the Payton experience. There aren't a lot of options for the Bears beyond Dalton or Teddy in FA. No rookies will do any better in the later rounds.
I guess we disagree on whether or not Bridgewater is a long term answer that includes multiple trips deep into the playoffs. That will also come at a high cost that is more difficult to overcome if he fails. Whereas a rookie QB doesn't hamstring the rest of your roster from a salary standpoint. 

I guess I see many of these veteran options as settling for just okay. I'm tired of watching the Packers have superstars at the QB position for decades at a time. Those just aren't found very often through free agency. They are found every year in the draft. 

Not sure what you mean?

Haskins is going to get his shot the rest of the season. At this point, the jury is still out. Before you say, it's not. Nobody would have said that Minshew, or Brissett, or Allen would have had the success they've had. Until they got their shot. Even Bridgewater falls into this category.
If your HC has no confidence in your starting QB, was willing to run with Case Keenum, and risked his job to prevent him from starting then what confidence can an fan/player/coach have in Haskins? 

If your HC has no confidence in your starting QB, was willing to run with Case Keenum, and risked his job to prevent him from starting then what confidence can an fan/player/coach have in Haskins? 
The team is still trying to win. If Haskin can show improvement and the team wins, then it will erase that lack of confidence. Fans, players and coaches don't care how the player gets there. They just want to win.

Worked out well for the Saints back in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread