Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
flapgreen

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Perennial Failures.

19 minutes ago, -X- said:

I was semi-kidding, I’ve seen him around.

My point was I don’t lurk in other homer threads much to know of anyone else who blindly predicts SB victories year after year after year. 

I thought you were trolling this thread which has a few people who overreact just a tad. I myself predicted 40 TDs and 6000 yards passing for Mitch this season. Everyone who said I was crazy will be eating crow after he averages 8 TDs and over 500 yards over the next three games on their way to winning the Super Bowl.

• Love 1
  • Laughing 1

BTW, Toliver did an adequate job of filling in for Amukamara.  He was late in reacting on the Cooper TD, but he didn’t do any boneheaded things that Amukamara seems to do weekly.  I do like Amukamara as a person; always classy in his interviews, but his on-field gaffes are painful.

2 minutes ago, yoman said:

I thought you were trolling this thread which has a few people who overreact just a tad. I myself predicted 40 TDs and 6000 yards passing for Mitch this season. Everyone who said I was crazy will be eating crow after he averages 8 TDs and over 500 yards over the next three games on their way to winning the Super Bowl.

I mostly stopped posting during games as I tended to overreact as well.  Much easier to stay focused on the games.

1 hour ago, rockaction said:

If the residents have no problem with it, nor do I. I just thought he was kidding earlier in the year. It's an I'm The Scientist/Seattle thing, huh?

He’s not as obnoxious. He’s part of the family in here. The outcast sure, but he’s in. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, RBM said:

He’s not as obnoxious. He’s part of the family in here. The outcast sure, but he’s in. 

TEAM PICKTURE!

21 hours ago, 3nOut said:

Cohen has really got to turn up the field more. Make a single cut! He goes east-west way too much. 

It's a straight liability. He really isn't very good because of this problem.

Well, when you only throw sideline passes at Cohen, that’s what you get.  Hardly any wheel routes this year.  He mishandled a couple of punts near the end of the game, too.

Just now, -X- said:

Well, when you only throw sideline passes at Cohen, that’s what you get.  Hardly any wheel routes this year.  He mishandled a couple of punts near the end of the game, too.

Yeah that's definitely part of it. I remember a jet sweep in particular perhaps two weeks ago where he may have broke the record for how fast he could get to the sideline going exactly parallel to the line of scrimmage the whole time. And there was all kinds of space to cut upfield. It's just not in his DNA to do it.

• Thanks 1

Clearly he is concerned about getting smacked.  Maybe all that Fortnite is taking its toll, as he seems to have lost some burst and aggressiveness.

5 hours ago, rockaction said:

Sort of legendary board troll who preached nothing by Seattle dominance even when the facts didn't back it. I think he or she got banned, IIRC.

Figured you might know of him since you've been around a while. No biggie. He really got under people's skin in terms of demeanor, tone, assertions, etc.

Do you remember the Lions fan that always had DETROIT LIONS SUPER BOWL CHAMPS [Enter year] in his sig? 

Edited by flapgreen

14 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Do you remember the Lions fan that always had DETROIT LIONS SUPER BOWL CHAMPS [Enter year] in his sig? 

You know what? Not to disappoint, but I just vaguely have a sense that he did that. 

I miss sigs for so many reasons, not the least of which is that I more remember when everybody/newbie in the SP had their roster and format as their sig, me included. Hwarf. "Hey, everybody! Check my free team at Yahoo!"

• Laughing 1

Offense goes as Mitch goes.  If he's running the offense this way, this is what happens. 

45 minutes ago, rockaction said:

You know what? Not to disappoint, but I just vaguely have a sense that he did that. 

I miss sigs for so many reasons, not the least of which is that I more remember when everybody/newbie in the SP had their roster and format as their sig, me included. Hwarf. "Hey, everybody! Check my free team at Yahoo!"

Eliminating sigs and the small print under thread titles may be the biggest mistakes this site has made.  Very funny stuff 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Eliminating sigs and the small print under thread titles may be the biggest mistakes this site has made.  Very funny stuff 

I'd forgotten the subtitles until you mentioned them just now. I just made any title I created longer and incomprehensible after that option disappeared.    

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I'd forgotten the subtitles until you mentioned them just now. I just made any title I created longer and incomprehensible after that option disappeared.    

Exactly 

15 hours ago, -X- said:

BTW, Toliver did an adequate job of filling in for Amukamara.  He was late in reacting on the Cooper TD, but he didn’t do any boneheaded things that Amukamara seems to do weekly.  I do like Amukamara as a person; always classy in his interviews, but his on-field gaffes are painful.

Not bone head, but his 1 on 1 tackles were pretty bad. Maybe a game or two will knock the rust off on those though.

Here's the silver lining of this season- i dont think it was intentional but for better or worse Nagy has given us a pretty full diagnostic of Trubisky. Yes, under the right circumstances and using his legs a lot, he can perform very well. 

On the other hand, we also know EXACTLY what he will look like if he ever sprains an ankle, or a defense schemes effectively to keep him in the pocket. 

11 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Agree mostly but the play calling has changed, much more one read passes, which is Mitchs confort zone. 

Its a weird situation because Mitch likes a fast paced offense but Mitch needs Nagy to look over the defense for him presnap. Seems theyve ababdoned the latter and embraced the former. 

I hate that this team has made me think they have a shot at the playoffs. 

• Like 1

Window is shrinking.  Rams up 21-3 over the Seahawks as the second half starts.

#Bears roster moves: 
We have activated DT Akiem Hicks from IR to the active roster and have placed TE Ben Braunecker on IR.

Should be an incredibly easy win for the bears this week. I don't see any way the Packers could possibly stop them. The march to the Super Bowl continues. 

Come on, Bears. Let's actually beat the Packers when it counts for something for once!!! 

• Love 1

Feeling good today! Got my bright orange bears shirt on (only for Packers and big games) and ready to go!

PACKERS SUCK! LET'S WIN THIS!!!!!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Tick said:

Feeling good today! Got my bright orange bears shirt on (only for Packers and big games) and ready to go!

PACKERS SUCK! LET'S WIN THIS!!!!!!!

Cautiously optimistic. I can't help not expecting the worst, though. 

Amukamara is sooo slow, then Skrine gets burned for a TD on 4th & 4 with his back to the ball.  Hicks looks like he re-injured his elbow as well.

:bag:

40 minutes ago, mbuehner said:

Annnd Hicks is hurt. 

Came back in

I think they're only scratching the surface at what Montgomery can do as a receiver. Usually something good happens when they throw to him. 

Never would have guessed the Bears defense would be such a big part of the problem this season. 

Edited by mbuehner

Nobody wants to tackle.  Not going for the turnover.  Pathetic.

Edited by -X-

Yeah, we’re done.  Playing like a bunch of sissies.

Edited by -X-

9 minutes ago, RBM said:

Thanks for playing Khalil. 

He's worthless 

9 minutes ago, RBM said:

Thanks for playing Khalil. 

If anyone should be doing that John Cena "you can't see me" move it's him

14 minutes ago, -X- said:

Nobody wants to tackle.  Not going for the turnover.  Pathetic.

Yup. So much softer and less aggressive than last year. 

12 minutes ago, RBM said:

Yup. So much softer and less aggressive than last year. 

When the offense doesn't play well, the defense always quits trying to tackle. No heart. 

10 minutes ago, RBM said:

What a damn warrior Hicks is. 

For real. Too bad Mack doesn't do the same thing. 

Would be nice to have a team that could pull out a big game like this. 

• Like 1

Wow.  Ridley had a golden opportunity.  Horsted with the bad toss on the band play.  Miller should’ve tried to pick up the ball.

At least we fought back, but that late INT to the GB lineman was a killer.

Edited by -X-