What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (11 Viewers)

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter 14m

Former Jaguars’ WR Allen Robinson intends to sign with the Chicago Bears barring any last-minute snags when free agency opens Wednesday, source tells ESPN.
Officially excited about the next ten years of Bears football. I believe this will be a team to be feared before long. The division will be extremely tough however. Gonna be fun to watch. The hope/optimism is back!! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate seeing a division rival have a good offseason. Wonder what Watkins is doing, seems he was their first choice, although I suppose you sign the one that’s ready to sign. 

Who wants to play the nfc north? Unless Minnesota fails to get the qb they want this division is goetting better top to bottom. 

ARob to the Bears, eh? Well, that sucks. Potentially making the NFC North even more competitive. I was hoping he’d go to the 49ers. 

Now just need Wilson and Burton.  Go after Galette, Bowman, Lynch, Suh, and Melvin/Breelan

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this move. The safe move would be paying for Landry, who, yes of course he's an upgrade (everyone is an upgrade) but in my opinion is an icing on the cake guy, not a carry the receiving corp guy. Robinson is a legit WR1 who will scare defenses and will be the guy that creates opportunities for the other receivers on the team. Robinson-Merideth may not be the most conventionally scary combo in the NFL, but the potential is there to be something special.

Wow, an exciting start to this offseason.  Can't see anything wrong with this move, got one of the big players at one of our top positions of need.  I know you can't assemble your whole team in FA, but when you lack as much talent as the bears do, you need a couple of these big signings in order to get competitive again.

Good job Pace.

What is the health status of Kevin White?  Is he going to be healthy and able to play in 2018?
He's coming off a broken shoulder, so I dont see any reason he wont be ready to play. Whether he can stay healthy is another matter.

I don't think the Bears gain anything by cutting him, and he probably has no trade value, so I would not be surprised to see him in camp. He may just not make the team. But its interesting thinking of him as a 4th WR, you dont expect too much and he could be a pleasant surprise. Could be a matchup problem in a spread of Robinson, Meridith, and Shaheen- not a lot of teams can roll enough DBs out to account for four 6'3+ receivers that can run.

Like the Robinson deal, but hate this Burton deal. No reason to believe he's better than Shaheen, and is probably not as good as Zach Miller was. 4/$32 is such a risky contract.

Like the Robinson deal, but hate this Burton deal. No reason to believe he's better than Shaheen, and is probably not as good as Zach Miller was. 4/$32 is such a risky contract.
He's going to be playing WITH Shaheen, not competing against him. This is great stuff, guys.  Building an offense around Trubisky. 

Burton signing is good for you guys.  He produced the few games he needed to when Ertz was hurt, but his numbers weren't there because the Eagles have such a good TE in Ertz.

Good from a real life perspective, but they will be competing for fantasy points.  Huge downgrade for both imo.
Burton caught 27 passes last year. The Bears were always going to roster more than 1 tight end, so how big of a downgrade could it possibly be?

Burton caught 27 passes last year. The Bears were always going to roster more than 1 tight end, so how big of a downgrade could it possibly be?
You know, I think you are correct.  Burton went TE28 in a recent draft, Shaheen at TE22.  Those two will likely flip in the next week or so.

I should have said less of an upgrade than I hoped for, not a downgrade.

Glad they got Robinson, I prefer him to Watkins. Burton is nice although a bit steep in price. Would love to see them get Richardson too if the price is right.

Glad they got Robinson, I prefer him to Watkins. Burton is nice although a bit steep in price. Would love to see them get Richardson too if the price is right.
Richardson would be nice, too. Trubisky still on rookie contract so now is the time to spend. Pace has been very cheap during his first three years. 

Well Richardson to Redskins 5/40.

Bears could be in the mix with cheaper options like Snead or Gabriel 
Robinson, White, Meredith has potential to be a decent WR corps.  Not sure if they will spend anymore on free agent WRs with other needs.  Hope they do...Trubisky owner.  I know White has proven nothing and he and Meredith are both coming off injury - but there is potential there for Trubisky to have some pretty solid weapons with those guys, Burton and the 2nd year TE, as well as Cohen out of the backfield.  Offense should look completely different this year.

Trey Burton will likely play the 'F' tight end role, some H-back, fullback and line up on the wing and slot. Very versatile. Adam Shaheen will likely play the 'Y' role. #Bears

Trey Burton will likely play the 'F' tight end role, some H-back, fullback and line up on the wing and slot. Very versatile. Adam Shaheen will likely play the 'Y' role. #Bears
Some will say that we overpaid for Burton but ### #### he is a good player and exactly what we need. Just a great athlete, natural catcher and can work all over the field, even in the slot. Nagy is gonna love him. Essentially another receiver with special teams ability and can be used for gimmicky plays too.

Man this offseason is so different - perhaps Pace has learned not to pay mediocre players a lot of money (Sims, Wheaton, Cooper, Rolle, Alan Ball, Eddie Royal anyone? Jesus christ).

Users who are viewing this thread