Insein

*Official 2017 Philadelphia Eagles* - Where's Cox?

2,422 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

I agree I don't see all the hate either. I know he hasn't lived up to expectations but he's not a bad player. 

You explained it to yourself

2 people like this

I'll say it because I see it happening this year.

Ertz will become the Eagles single season receiving leader in yards for all TE's of All-Time. 

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phi/single-season-receiving.htm

Current leader Pete Retzlaff at 1190.

Current leader in TD's is Pete Retzlaff with 10. 

I don't see Ertz breaking that record but will certainly break the yardage record.

--------

If I'm wrong I like my crow served with BBQ sauce. 

There is a bit of chatter lately about Nelson Agholar.  

Is there any chance this guy shows up in 2017?

ETA: just saw this interview and I have to say that he handles himself well - sounds like he's put 2016 behind him.

Edited by oldmanhawkins

33 minutes ago, oldmanhawkins said:

ETA: just saw this interview and I have to say that he handles himself well - sounds like he's put 2016 behind him.

I don't know how we're going to have room for all these receivers.  Though it seems like DGB is for sure a goner.  Was really hoping that one had worked out.

Chip just got hired by ESPN to be an NFL/NCAA analyst.  Looks like no one wanted him at all to be coaching.  Kind of interested to hear his tone if he covers any Philly stuff.

1 hour ago, Deamon said:

Chip just got hired by ESPN to be an NFL/NCAA analyst.  Looks like no one wanted him at all to be coaching.  Kind of interested to hear his tone if he covers any Philly stuff.

It'llo be interesting to hear his tone period.  Guy had a disdain for the media.  Not that I blame him.  Philly Sports media are a-holes.

1 hour ago, Deamon said:

Bet he doesn't last long.  Must be desperate.  Thought he was awful on TV with the media.  I hope he goes back to college.

I don't want to see him on TV talking football. Nothing to learn from him.  Unless hes teaching lessons on how to  destroy a roster in less than 3 years.  He's the master of that.

4 hours ago, oldmanhawkins said:

Sounds good now, but the real test will be when he drops his first ball or makes a mental error in a game. 

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, need2know said:

Unless hes teaching lessons on how to  destroy a roster in less than 3 years.  He's the master of that.

Or how to go 3 and out while only taking 24 secs off the clock

On 5/26/2017 at 9:42 AM, JetMaxx said:

You explained it to yourself

Yeah but is that really a good reason to really hate on the guy. I mean I know he's had a few hiccups here and there but maybe just maybe we had just too high expectations on him plus he's played QB roulette with who he's catching passes from since he got here. Hopefully now with the QB situation good we can see him at his best and more consistent. He's no Gronk but I'd take him over what a lot of other teams are throwing out there at TE. 

On 5/26/2017 at 0:19 PM, oldmanhawkins said:

We can only hope so. Maybe adding some actual friendly competition at his position lite a fire under his ###. I've never been a huge fan of his but I'd gladly take a good year from him finally. 

On 5/26/2017 at 0:54 PM, Deamon said:

Yet said was too good to a college coach takes a position covering College. I'll admit the dudes a football Junkie and if he's just talking Football plays and stuff he's really good so he should be good. The real problem is he's talks a mile a minute and it's gonna be interesting when he talks Oregon, Philly,SF stuff for sure. 

23 hours ago, need2know said:

Bet he doesn't last long.  Must be desperate.  Thought he was awful on TV with the media.  I hope he goes back to college.

I don't want to see him on TV talking football. Nothing to learn from him.  Unless hes teaching lessons on how to  destroy a roster in less than 3 years.  He's the master of that.

the guys on Quick Slants yesterday were saying it could be a stepping stone to get back in coaching similar to how Urban Meyer did when he left Florida and then a year later was OSU's coach. Heart and healthy issues my *** with that scuz bucket. 

He could also talk about how to be a bully and treat people like dog **** too...

23 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Yeah but is that really a good reason to really hate on the guy. I mean I know he's had a few hiccups here and there but maybe just maybe we had just too high expectations on him plus he's played QB roulette with who he's catching passes from since he got here. Hopefully now with the QB situation good we can see him at his best and more consistent. He's no Gronk but I'd take him over what a lot of other teams are throwing out there at TE. 

Yes, but most other TE's in the league weren't drafted as high as 2.03.  High expectations for a pick that high are expected.

I don't really get the "hate", but I am disappointed with where he's at.  I naively am expecting a breakout year for him this year (like I do every year).

On Agholar: remember when there used to be a 3 year rule for young wr's to learn the pro game? A lot of that was adjusting to the increased passing in the NFL vs. College. That has kind of gone away with the amount of passing offenses in college. However, there still is an adjustment to the increased speed of the game, the physicality of the CB's and the length of the NFL schedule. Let's hope that Agholar has made the adjustment and lives up to the talent he showed in college.

10 minutes ago, dhockster said:

On Agholar: remember when there used to be a 3 year rule for young wr's to learn the pro game? A lot of that was adjusting to the increased passing in the NFL vs. College. That has kind of gone away with the amount of passing offenses in college. However, there still is an adjustment to the increased speed of the game, the physicality of the CB's and the length of the NFL schedule. Let's hope that Agholar has made the adjustment and lives up to the talent he showed in college.

Hope I'm wrong but I think he's a bust.  Haven't seen much to this point and he's pretty much the last chip Kelly player on the team.  With the moves we have made at wr it's hard to see him having a role

He's at best the fourth wr and I would rather see the rookies play

Edited by need2know

4 hours ago, Deamon said:

Yes, but most other TE's in the league weren't drafted as high as 2.03.  High expectations for a pick that high are expected.

I don't really get the "hate", but I am disappointed with where he's at.  I naively am expecting a breakout year for him this year (like I do every year).

More so saying there's been more then a few times he's been the punching bag when something wasn't his fault yeah there are times you are disappointed with the guy though and that I get. 

15 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

More so saying there's been more then a few times he's been the punching bag when something wasn't his fault yeah there are times you are disappointed with the guy though and that I get. 

C'mon, you know how this city is.  If a player doesn't looking like he's giving effort, he will be destroyed.  For most of last year that was Ertz.  He would go down instantly, sometimes before contact.  It wasn't until that olé non-block against Cincy did he finally get called out by the press and then the last couple weeks he played harder.  So yes, I expect more from a talented, second round tight-end.  Show me an entire season like the last 3 weeks.

On 5/27/2017 at 2:55 PM, need2know said:

Hope I'm wrong but I think he's a bust.  Haven't seen much to this point and he's pretty much the last chip Kelly player on the team.  With the moves we have made at wr it's hard to see him having a role

He's at best the fourth wr and I would rather see the rookies play

I think he gets an opportunity to earn the other starting spot outside.  The way Doug talks about competition there it almost sounds like he's rooting for him.  

8 hours ago, jasvic said:

C'mon, you know how this city is.  If a player doesn't looking like he's giving effort, he will be destroyed.  For most of last year that was Ertz.  He would go down instantly, sometimes before contact.  It wasn't until that olé non-block against Cincy did he finally get called out by the press and then the last couple weeks he played harder.  So yes, I expect more from a talented, second round tight-end.  Show me an entire season like the last 3 weeks.

See I disagree here fans are fickle a lot of times. They will defend a player who should get killed for doing something wrong but never did. For example with the Phillies Utley the last year and a half had a terrible batting avg and his defense got worse yet he was Teflon compared to Howard and JRoll. Yeah I get it Howard sign a huge deal but guess what if he hadn't gotten hurt he probably puts up the numbers he should and his contract looks way better then the Tex, Pujols and Feilder deals combine. My Grandmother went to the same church as him here and every person at that church I talked too said Howard is one of the hardest working people they knew. Yeah results weren't happening on the field but he was putting his work off the field. Then you have AI which is a whole different can of worms. Wife beater, getting into fights at stores and bars etc but no fan ever ragged on him and the media especially Stephane A Smith were all AI apologist. It was basically Manny being Manny version we became accustomed with in the media in Baseball for Manny Ramirez. I'm someone who doesn't care if your Najee Goode or Tom Brady. You screw up I'm getting on you for it. I just really hate some of these fans because they go way overboard on some of these things. It's like they have to defend our reputation as a fanbase. No you don't. I guess my issue with fans is that many are so ungodly impatient. How many people last year did you see wanting Doug fired after we went on that losing streak and started struggling? 

I get disappointed with players sure but some of these fans act like these guys can never make a mistake. I'd love to go to their jobs and rag on them for every little mistake they'd made then make complaints how they should be fired. It's no different then all the idiots who knew nothing about Football and it's culture after the Incognito situation. More players were upset with Martin then anything Richie did because Martin broke an NFL Cardinal rule amongst players. Airing locker room issues to the public. Or now all these people who think Kapernick is being black balled by the NFL because of what he did. No he just stinks and has been declining for awhile now. Point is you don't want me going to your work when I know nothing about it ragging on your every mistake either. I know I'm probably asking too much but people need some patience. 

Rodney McLeod converted $3.225M of his 2017 salary into bonus, clearing $2,418,750 in cap space.

Nice little move.