What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (1 Viewer)

GoBirds said:
Every interview I catch it really seems like this team is a great group of guys from Foles to Jenkins to Ertz to coach on down the line. Had no idea Foles was so religious. Really excited about our franchise going forward. 
The only thing I can complain about for the first times in yrs is the choice of intro song. Absolutely can't stand Meek or anyone who's trying to make what happened to him political. If they wanted to tribute to Philly Why not Vinnie Paz or do the Rocky Theme? Kind of understand that they've played it all year but I can't see how that song pumps them up. I guess I shouldn't complain too much if it's helping them win. Just disappointed in choice of intro when I know NE will probably come out to Crazy Train again. 

The only thing I can complain about for the first times in yrs is the choice of intro song. Absolutely can't stand Meek or anyone who's trying to make what happened to him political. If they wanted to tribute to Philly Why not Vinnie Paz or do the Rocky Theme? Kind of understand that they've played it all year but I can't see how that song pumps them up. I guess I shouldn't complain too much if it's helping them win. Just disappointed in choice of intro when I know NE will probably come out to Crazy Train again. 
I'm sorry, I know Rocky is Philly, but that song has been well overplayed.

Saw a report that Howie tried to trade with the Bills to get McCoy back here (it ended up being the Darby trade).  It's worked out with Ajayi - but it woulda been cool to have the all time Eagles rusher back home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a thought as we head into super bowl weekend ...

Are the Eagles really playing in the Super Bowl this weekend?

Seriously?

still cant believe it

Just a thought as we head into super bowl weekend ...

Are the Eagles really playing in the Super Bowl this weekend?

Seriously?

still cant believe it
I would have said 0% chance at the beginning of the season and again after Wentz went down for the year. Yet here we are. Just a spectacular unbelievable season.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
This just popped up on my Facebook feed (didn't fact check):

On the Chinese Calendar, 2018 is the year of the "dog".  The lucky color is "green".  The lucky number is "9".  Sunday would have been Jerome Brown's 52nd birthday, we are playing in Superbowl 52.  If the Eagles win, Brian Dawkins gets a ring as part of the organization.  And finally, Ray Didinger picked the Eagles to win the Superbowl.  He hasn't been wrong in 25 years.  

On the Chinese Calendar, 2018 is the year of the "dog".  The lucky color is "green".  The lucky number is "9".  Sunday would have been Jerome Brown's 52nd birthday, we are playing in Superbowl 52.  If the Eagles win, Brian Dawkins gets a ring as part of the organization.  And finally, Ray Didinger picked the Eagles to win the Superbowl.  He hasn't been wrong in 25 years.  
:jawdrop:

Ray Diddy has accurately picked the Super Bowl winner 25 times in a row?

First of all, I want the Eagles to win badly so don't take this the wrong way....but I read an article that criticized Peterson's clock management ability.  It pointed to the Seahawks game last year as evidence (was it the Seahawks?) and what he did in that game was indeed comical.  Down two scores with like 6 minutes and ended up using way too much time.

Having not seen him manage a clock enough to know, I thought I'd ask here.  Has he had -- not unlike most coaches, btw -- an issue like this in many other games?

Basically, is the guy good at clock management, including TO's and stuff.  What grade would you give him in that area?
Huh?

Saw a report that Howie tried to trade with the Bills to get McCoy back here (it ended up being the Darby trade).  It's worked out with Ajayi - but it woulda been cool to have the all time Eagles rusher back home.
Where did you see that report? Just curious. 

@scott46984 Dude, you really need to tone down the finger jabbing us right in the face. I don't mind the ball busting from Dallas and patriots fans--in fact some of them are actually really funny, but your act sucks man. We've told you countless times that we are sorry for the acts of a couple of a hole fans. But yet you act like we should go door to door like some religious nut and ferret out these 'boorish" fans.

Knock knock knock. "Excuse me sir and madam, are you or anyone living here a boorish Eagles fan? We have to give you some literature to read on proper, Minnesotaesque fan behavior."

Are you nuts? Seriously, you need to seek out help. YOUR people went to the Art Museaum, did chants and DEFACED a sacred monument! Meanwhile Philly fans tailgating see this crap pop up on social media and what did you expect?  If Philly fans went to Minnesota and did that to the Paul Bunyan statue there'd be national outrage and we'd have to have Steve Mariucci pointing his ####### finger in our faces on TV again which is exactly how you're coming off. Did you see the video of your "Minnesota Nice" fans beating up a 13 year old girl at the Saints game? Well? I expect you to do something about it! Give them a good talking to you betcha! 

Then you have all these threats to traveling Eagles fans coming to your city. People being told they're gonna get dropped off at the wrong destination, spit in their food. Bars offering to throw drinks at Eagles fans. Yeah you Midwesterners are really coming off as good, wholesome folk. I see what's going on here: you're all seriously repressed. I saw the movie Fargo. I know what's up LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
scott46984 blocked.  Pretty easy decision
I didn't block him. There's something very satisfying about knowing how our 38-7 ### whooping is still hurting him so badly two weeks later. It's hilarious how some people think that cutting up a team's fanbase will somehow make up for the fact that the team itself annihilated your team's dreams of playing a home Super Bowl. So not only did I not block him, I hope he keeps posting. I smile ear-to-ear every time I see his hurt and bitterness. 

I didn't block him. There's something very satisfying about knowing how our 38-7 ### whooping is still hurting him so badly two weeks later. It's hilarious how some people think that cutting up a team's fanbase will somehow make up for the fact that the team itself annihilated your team's dreams of playing a home Super Bowl. So not only did I not block him, I hope he keeps posting. I smile ear-to-ear every time I see his hurt and bitterness. 
He talked so much trash when Wentz went down too if how he wanted us at full strength so we didn’t make excuses when they beat us.....just bump that if you really want a good laugh. Might have broken 100 with Wentz.  :lmao:

He talked so much trash when Wentz went down too if how he wanted us at full strength so we didn’t make excuses when they beat us.....just bump that if you really want a good laugh. Might have broken 100 with Wentz.  :lmao:
I hope he has insurance so he can seek counseling and get the help he needs. The poor man. 

Yeah, that guy is a partisan hack, chumming for clicks on Super Bowl Eve.

He quoted Mike Lombardi’s assessment as “the most unqualified coaching hire ever”? Even Lombardi has walked that back and eaten a metric ####-ton of crow, over that. And, he blames Doug for the Chiefs loss? Who was actually calling plays in that game... Andy Reid. Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I implore you... when you see Dan O’Shaughnessy, please kick him in the yarbles.

@scott46984 Dude, you really need to tone down the finger jabbing us right in the face. I don't mind the ball busting from Dallas and patriots fans--in fact some of them are actually really funny, but your act sucks man. We've told you countless times that we are sorry for the acts of a couple of a hole fans. But yet you act like we should go door to door like some religious nut and ferret out these 'boorish" fans.

Knock knock knock. "Excuse me sir and madam, are you or anyone living here a boorish Eagles fan? We have to give you some literature to read on proper, Minnesotaesque fan behavior."

Are you nuts? Seriously, you need to seek out help. YOUR people went to the Art Museaum, did chants and DEFACED a sacred monument! Meanwhile Philly fans tailgating see this crap pop up on social media and what did you expect?  If Philly fans went to Minnesota and did that to the Paul Bunyan statue there'd be national outrage and we'd have to have Steve Mariucci pointing his ####### finger in our faces on TV again which is exactly how you're coming off. Did you see the video of your "Minnesota Nice" fans beating up a 13 year old girl at the Saints game? Well? I expect you to do something about it! Give them a good talking to you betcha! 

Then you have all these threats to traveling Eagles fans coming to your city. People being told they're gonna get dropped off at the wrong destination, spit in their food. Bars offering to throw drinks at Eagles fans. Yeah you Midwesterners are really coming off as good, wholesome folk. I see what's going on here: you're all seriously repressed. I saw the movie Fargo. I know what's up LOL!
Sacred?  Well-loved maybe, but sacred.  And Defaced?  Did they deface it?  Did I miss the story?

BTW, I am definitely not a Viking fan, but I am a fan of reality.

Yeah, that guy is a partisan hack, chumming for clicks on Super Bowl Eve.

He quoted Mike Lombardi’s assessment as “the most unqualified coaching hire ever”? Even Lombardi has walked that back and eaten a metric ####-ton of crow, over that. And, he blames Doug for the Chiefs loss? Who was actually calling plays in that game... Andy Reid. Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I implore you... when you see Dan O’Shaughnessy, please kick him in the yarbles.
It was obvious this would ruffle some feathers but let's try and get passed that.  And Dan is indeed a ##### but I'd rather hear some thoughts here on how great Pederson is now. Can he can manage the clock like BB does?  Because make no mistake, the game Dan references was a joke.  What was he thinking?  

We also know most coaches are not good at this part of coaching, which is incredible to me but whatever.

Does Pederson ever make any mistakes in that area of coaching?  You guys have watched every game, you should know.

It was obvious this would ruffle some feathers but let's try and get passed that.  And Dan is indeed a ##### but I'd rather hear some thoughts here on how great Pederson is now. Can he can manage the clock like BB does?  Because make no mistake, the game Dan references was a joke.  What was he thinking?  

We also know most coaches are not good at this part of coaching, which is incredible to me but whatever.

Does Pederson ever make any mistakes in that area of coaching?  You guys have watched every game, you should know.
My feathers are smooth. I think he is great at clock and game management. I replied (to you?) already upthread. I was very worried he would share Big Red’s problems with clock management, challenges and TOs. I don’t see it, though.

In fact, I see the opposite. He sees the whole game and has contingency plans for the entire game as it unfolds. He follows analytics, and uses it to be agressive. Really agressive. I’d be surprised if this stage turns out to be too big for him, and he Marrone’d it. 

My feathers are smooth. I think he is great at clock and game management. I replied (to you?) already upthread. I was very worried he would share Big Red’s problems with clock management, challenges and TOs. I don’t see it, though.

In fact, I see the opposite. He sees the whole game and has contingency plans for the entire game as it unfolds. He follows analytics, and uses it to be agressive. Really agressive. I’d be surprised if this stage turns out to be too big for him, and he Marrone’d it. 
Multiple people have answered his bs question already.  

Users who are viewing this thread