What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (3 Viewers)

Anyway, prediction time.

It's going to be tight. There's going to be 5 lead changes. Foles will drive the team down and take the lead late in the 4th with a TD yo Alshon with about 4 mins left. Tom comes back and drives for a TD of his own to Dion Lewis. Leaving 1 min left. Eagles have no Timeouts but drive to within FG range. Jake Elliot booms a 63 yarder to win. 

Eagles 30 Pats 28

This flu is no joke. If the rumors are true this may be a threat to an Eagles win on SB Sunday.
17 players affected. Reports I'm hearing say that Agholar was very ill but is feeling better. Many of the players are. Pederson isn't saying much about it. Perhaps trying to take a page out of the bellichick playbook.   

17 players affected. Reports I'm hearing say that Agholar was very ill but is feeling better. Many of the players are. Pederson isn't saying much about it. Perhaps trying to take a page out of the bellichick playbook.   
If true that a few or a lot of players are down with the flu I see a point swing to NE. I hope it is not true and all can play without sickness. GL Eagles San Diego is with you from what I know. 

I saw emmitt the other day on NFL Network.  He seemed pretty convinced eagles would win.   Not sure how I feel about that but his logic made sense

Time to defrost all the #### we had shipped down here this week - soft pretzels, Amoroso rolls, and cheesesteak, pepperoni and broccoli cheese breads from Marchiano's. 

Go Birds!!! ??? 

And congrats to Dawkins, well deserved. :thumbup:  

My feathers are smooth. I think he is great at clock and game management. I replied (to you?) already upthread. I was very worried he would share Big Red’s problems with clock management, challenges and TOs. I don’t see it, though.

In fact, I see the opposite. He sees the whole game and has contingency plans for the entire game as it unfolds. He follows analytics, and uses it to be agressive. Really agressive. I’d be surprised if this stage turns out to be too big for him, and he Marrone’d it. 
Good stuff, thanks for the response, that's exactly what I was curious about. 

Also, thanks for not acting all offended, like your cohorts did.

Anyway, prediction time.

It's going to be tight. There's going to be 5 lead changes. Foles will drive the team down and take the lead late in the 4th with a TD yo Alshon with about 4 mins left. Tom comes back and drives for a TD of his own to Dion Lewis. Leaving 1 min left. Eagles have no Timeouts but drive to within FG range. Jake Elliot booms a 63 yarder to win. 

Eagles 30 Pats 28
I got Eagles 9 and Pats 4 in the Squares pool at work, so I'm thinking that Eagles 49 Pats 14 sounds about right.  Foles with 7 TDs.  

It was obvious this would ruffle some feathers but let's try and get passed that.  And Dan is indeed a ##### but I'd rather hear some thoughts here on how great Pederson is now. Can he can manage the clock like BB does?  Because make no mistake, the game Dan references was a joke.  What was he thinking?  

We also know most coaches are not good at this part of coaching, which is incredible to me but whatever.

Does Pederson ever make any mistakes in that area of coaching?  You guys have watched every game, you should know.
He's gotten better, without a doubt.  Keep in mind it's his 2nd ever year of being a HC...  There haven't been a ton of instances where they've needed to go down the field in the final 2 minutes to win though - usually it's more 'burn time off so the other team can't come back'.  We've seen some good management before halftime though.

better than the Doug stuff is:

Feb 3 - 8:10 PM

Pat Shurmur - C - Giants

Associated Press named Pat Shurmur its 2017 Assistant Coach of the Year

:lmao: :lmao:
He had Minnesota where they were with Case Keenum.  I don't hate it.

See:  GB without Rodgers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who thought we would be this close after the Chip Kelly train wreck? Why not us why not now? Couldn’t write it up any better.......let’s get one!

And he's not going to get it next year either.  And probably not anytime in the foreseeable future.   :shrug:      That's actually a good thing for you guys because that means that you're successful year after year.
Ya we've beat the dead horse on this topic but Sean deserved it.  I would have given a few less votes to Zimmer though and a few more to the Dougs. 

Danny considering tagging Kirk a third time so that they can trade him per Schefty, and it's super bowl Sunday. Life is good.

:hifive:

It's game day my dudes!

You know what we are gonna do?

We gonna win!  :excited:

Be careful my bros and enjoy it.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
Congrats to B Dawk on his HoF induction. 

Congrats to T.O. on his HoF induction. 

Happy 52nd birthday to the late, great Jerome Brown. 

IT’S A GREEN SUPER BOWL WEEKEND!!! 

See you all at the parade!!!!! 

:pickle:   :pickle:   :pickle:   :pickle:   :pickle:  

I'm still in awe we're in the big game. I smile every time I think about it. 

I want them to destroy the pats. Like, 45-10 destroy. 

Brady is such a smug little ####er. Can't stand that entire organization, actually. Dirty cheaters, all of em. Dynasty my ###. 

On a side not, I had recently talked about not losing Joe Douglas and they need to do whatever they have to, to keep him. Just watching NFL Network and Mort said they’re prepared to move him into the GM title if that’s necessary to keep him. And he noted that the Eagles do not have anyone named as GM. Howie is listed as Exec VP of football operations, with GM not being listed on their organizational depth chart. 

On a side not, I had recently talked about not losing Joe Douglas and they need to do whatever they have to, to keep him. Just watching NFL Network and Mort said they’re prepared to move him into the GM title if that’s necessary to keep him. And he noted that the Eagles do not have anyone named as GM. Howie is listed as Exec VP of football operations, with GM not being listed on their organizational depth chart. 
Yep. So Howie stays. Joe stays. Nothing changes.

I'm still in awe we're in the big game. I smile every time I think about it. 

I want them to destroy the pats. Like, 45-10 destroy. 

Brady is such a smug little ####er. Can't stand that entire organization, actually. Dirty cheaters, all of em. Dynasty my ###. 
They're a dynasty based solely on longevity.  They've remained really good for a long time. I guess the reason they don't seem like an actual dynasty (besides the multiple times they';ve been caught cheating) is the fact that they are never a dominant team that is genuinely feared like the great Steelers, or 49er, or Dallas teams. They are the Rafeal Palmiero of football teams. There's never a year that they seem obviously better than anyone else. It's just a cumulative thing based on how long Brady has been there and they've remained really good. In fact, the one year that they actually did seem dominant (2007), they didn't win the Super Bowl. They've really been a great team who keeps winning Super Bowls by 3 points, ort because of terrible opposition play calling (Seattle) or total opposition choke jobs (Atlanta). Obviously there's something to be said for being able to maintain this 'really good'ness for so long. A combination of Belichick being a great coach and Brady staying healthy for so long. But they're not your tradition dynasty where teams have a fear of you because you stand head and shoulders above everyone.  

Excuse me?  I would rather the Eagles won, if it makes you feel better.

I'm just curious what "We all we got.  We all we need", means?  Origin and whatnot.
It's their rally cry this week. They like to say noone gives them a chance or wants them to win. 

Both are obviously not true but...that doesn't matter

They're a dynasty based solely on longevity.  They've remained really good for a long time. I guess the reason they don't seem like an actual dynasty (besides the multiple times they';ve been caught cheating) is the fact that they are never a dominant team that is genuinely feared like the great Steelers, or 49er, or Dallas teams. They are the Rafeal Palmiero of football teams. There's never a year that they seem obviously better than anyone else. It's just a cumulative thing based on how long Brady has been there and they've remained really good. In fact, the one year that they actually did seem dominant (2007), they didn't win the Super Bowl. They've really been a great team who keeps winning Super Bowls by 3 points, ort because of terrible opposition play calling (Seattle) or total opposition choke jobs (Atlanta). Obviously there's something to be said for being able to maintain this 'really good'ness for so long. A combination of Belichick being a great coach and Brady staying healthy for so long. But they're not your tradition dynasty where teams have a fear of you because you stand head and shoulders above everyone.  
I believe they would have benefitted from a defining opponent.  A snarling beast in their same division, and one in their same conference.  They never had to come through wars like the Steelers of the 70's, having to beat the Raiders and then the Cowboys.  They are a team that pencil whipped the opponent with the help of a bit of cheating, some favorable calls, and the good fortune of being in a division and conference that does not beat them down during the regular season, at least I thin that is the perception.   In reality the Steelers have been a pretty good foil, the Colts and interesting one if not a dominating one, and they have had a great deal of roster churn, some due to injury which for some reason with them seems to get down played.  

That said, I hope Fletcher Cox knocks the handsome right off of Tom Brady.  I want to see him hit him so hard that his face slides down to his neck and his bowels loose so thoroughly  that Belichick's and Kraft's ##### comes out in the mess.  (N.E. fans can take this as  sort of compliment that their team has generated this salty hatred)

Users who are viewing this thread