What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (4 Viewers)

I don't think they'll be one brick left upon another in Philadelphia after the Eagles win.
Congrats!!!

I cannot imagine how awesome this night is for you guys. Only thing close IME - I lived & worked in Detroit when the Red Wings beat the Flyers. But it’s the way you guys did it! Home dogs both rounds, Foles stepping up big time, incredible strip sack at the most unlikely juncture. Amazing stuff, happy for you.

#justoncebeforeidielord

The thing is...you think about the people who are fans of this team....people who lost loved ones who loved this team. It's perfect.   It's awesome.  The Old Guard......I love that they got this Super Bowl before they left this world.  I love this win more for the people who have suffered longer than I have.  The media show the younger crowd out there......but hell....those 60-70-80 year olds who have been crushed year in and year out...... who are just sitting home watching......this is theirs. It's all of ours. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing is...you think about the people who are fans of this team....people who lost loved ones who loved this team. It's perfect.   It's awesome.  The Old Guard......I love that they got this Super Bowl before they left this world.  I love this win more for the people who have suffered longer than I have.  The media show the younger crowd out there......but hell....those 60-70-80 year olds who have been crushed year in and year out...... who are just sitting home watching......this is theirs. It's all of ours. 
Amen! So happy for my mom and Dad. 

I tried calling my grandma. My Pop-Pop has had season Tix since 1961 and was in the EZ for the last Championship. He was there to see 1980 SB and 05 in Jax. We lost him in 2010 and one of the first things I did was cry not just because he was gone but because he never saw his SB. My Grandma didn't pick up

Third best day of my life my brothers and sisters!! Waited 44 years for this! Just came in from Broad Street! Took my 6 year old out for about a half hour. Amazing....

"How man rings you got?!?"

ONE!!!!! And it's the greatest one in the history of the game and contained the greatest play ever in the game!

Third best day of my life my brothers and sisters!! Waited 44 years for this! Just came in from Broad Street! Took my 6 year old out for about a half hour. Amazing....
Debating coming up for parade, would it be possible to get a hotel close and would you recommend bringing my 6 year old or making it a boys trip to go out Big night before?

Any input welcome.....not used to these championship parades. 

Hows the scene out there now?

Debating coming up for parade, would it be possible to get a hotel close and would you recommend bringing my 6 year old or making it a boys trip to go out Big night before?

Bit hectic Up here

Discussed that there is no way that running back Corey Clement should be allowed to be stashed on a practice squad. 

Clement has been the Eagles best RB in camp and in the games.
So glad you guys didn't try and put him on the Practice Squad. 

Did you see Corey crying with his baby in his hands during the post game Trophy walk?  Was first player to kiss the Lombardi. Full tilt tears and Coreys proud dad was right there with him and then kissed Corey on the cheek. Tremendous stuff.

I booked hotels for both Monday night and Tuesday night immediately after the game.  I way overpaid for the downtown Marriott for Tuesday, and I'm sure now the options are even worse. Before the playoffs, I told my 13 year-old we would go, so f the money, right?

I don't know about hotels man. I guess we have to wait until they announce the day. That's still up in the air. 

I think when the Phillies won, it was difficult but not impossible to get to it. I'd probably stay away from center city and look to be more South Broad.

I booked for hotels for both Monday night and Tuesday night immediately after the game.  I way overpaid for the downtown Marriott for Tuesday, and I'm sure now the options are even worse. Before the playoffs, I told my 13 year-old we would go, so f the money, right?

Read something saying Wednesday would be parade most likely? I’m in VA, agree f the money hopefully there will be something left and maybe come Up night before then head back after parade or following morning if drinks are going down. 

So glad you guys didn't try and put him on the Practice Squad. 

Did you see Corey crying with his baby in his hands during the post game Trophy walk?  Was first player to kiss the Lombardi. Full tilt tears and Coreys proud dad was right there with him and then kissed Corey on the cheek. Tremendous stuff.
I was a huge Clement supporter in College. So glad we took him but was literally shocked he wasn't even drafted. 

Users who are viewing this thread