What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (3 Viewers)

I was also thinking about how much less would this feeling be like if we beat the Jags instead of the Pats? Not knocking the Jags and I'm sure we'd all still be happy but there's just a tad bit more to this because it was the Patriots and TB/BB. 

It's like beating the Ray's instead of the Yankees.

So ballsy, imagine what people say if it doesn't work.
He's got the courage gene, for sure. I wanted him to take the greater likelihood of points with a field goal there. :bag:  

ETA- With the Reich comment that they practiced it in the ballroom because of all of the reporters, did anyone else think maybe they were more remembering Spygate?

Last edited by a moderator:
In serious ness though, I expect a lot more going for it on 4th down next year and more 2 point conversion attempts. That was Doug's main advantage. Teams that thought 3rd down stop meant getting off the field were not prepared for the onslaught Doug and Wentz (and Foles') brought.
Now that everyone expects it, Doug needs to go next level and teach Carson to quick kick

One national guy suggested that coaches won’t have any excuses for losing their starting QB with what Pederson and staff did with Foles. Granted he’s in the upper level of backups, but he said coaches can’t use it as an excuse anymore. Do your jobs and coach them up. :thumbup:  
I heard a guy on (probably) the NFL network with that narrative.  "you lost your QB? No excuse! You lost your All-Pro lineman?  No excuse! You lost your future HOF running back?  No excuse!"

It was awesome!

Yo! Just got back from the Pro Shop! Felt like an 8 year old going to the toy store with my birthday money!
Do they have most of the stuff in stock? Hoping to get one of the grey jackets they wore after the game but they don't have them in stock online anymore. Looks like they stocked some more this morning but they were all 3-5XL.

That "Super Bowl Champions" on the back......I must have it.

seriously. trying to strategize this parade, no idea what to expect
My cousin is coming down from Boston and meeting his dad my Uncle. My other cousin his older brother is leaving at 6;30 tomorrow morning with friends. I'm leaving with my friend from the mainline and trying to get to 30th st station by 7:10-7:30. Everyones gonna try to get to the art museum. I think for the most part everyone is trying to just figure out how the hell to get down there first and go from there. The worst part will be getting home though

Might have been Howie Roseman who said the team had been building for 10-6 for too long.  10-6 doesn't get you a bye week.  I wondered if that was a small shot at Andy Reid.

10-6 is not good enough
Andy reid got alot of byes in philly. His student dougie balls learned what NOT to do from his teacher very well. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME.
Only one 11-win season (with the Eagles) from '05 to '12. His last season in Philly with a playoff bye was '04.

One national guy suggested that coaches won’t have any excuses for losing their starting QB with what Pederson and staff did with Foles. Granted he’s in the upper level of backups, but he said coaches can’t use it as an excuse anymore. Do your jobs and coach them up. :thumbup:  
Foles had everything a QB could ask for to be successful. There are a lot of mediocre and dysfunctional teams that lack the quality players and leadership this team has. Very few QBs can step in and be great without those factors working around them. Plus, he's just got a great arm, accuracy and natural leadership & confidence. There aren't 32 other backups with those attributes. He's as good or better than a lot of starters in the league.

My cousin is coming down from Boston and meeting his dad my Uncle. My other cousin his older brother is leaving at 6;30 tomorrow morning with friends. I'm leaving with my friend from the mainline and trying to get to 30th st station by 7:10-7:30. Everyones gonna try to get to the art museum. I think for the most part everyone is trying to just figure out how the hell to get down there first and go from there. The worst part will be getting home though
We were at Live 8 which seems like a comparable size in the same location. I don't recall any major hiccups with trains or crowd control.

Foles had everything a QB could ask for to be successful. There are a lot of mediocre and dysfunctional teams that lack the quality players and leadership this team has. Very few QBs can step in and be great without those factors working around them. Plus, he's just got a great arm, accuracy and natural leadership & confidence. There aren't 32 other backups with those attributes. He's as good or better than a lot of starters in the league.
No doubt, it was too special of a situation. And that’s even MORE credit to Pederson! Can’t possibly imagine the Browns on the verge of a playoff berth suddenly get better with their backup QB of the month. Also helps that the Eagles don’t have an egotistical starting QB who actually wanted Nick to succeed. A special thing building here, let’s keep it rolling. 

Pederson just said in his press conference: “This is the new norm here in Philly”. 

:excited:   :pickle:   :wub:  

Listening to the Colts GM - I can pretty much guarantee they're gunning for Reich.  he was going on and on about "overcoming obstacles, gritty determination, finding a way to win regardless, this organization is all about take difficult situations, etc.."  He practically said "we like what the Eagles did, and want to be them".

Listening to the Colts GM - I can pretty much guarantee they're gunning for Reich.  he was going on and on about "overcoming obstacles, gritty determination, finding a way to win regardless, this organization is all about take difficult situations, etc.."  He practically said "we like what the Eagles did, and want to be them".
Well personally, if we have to lose a coordinator I'd rather it be Reich than Schwartz.  Maybe I'm underestimating his contributions but it was Doug that called the plays.  Promote Defilippo to OC and keep the consistency for Wentz.

We were at Live 8 which seems like a comparable size in the same location. I don't recall any major hiccups with trains or crowd control.
I was more so saying I think everyone is just trying to figure out how to get there first and go from there. This Crowd will be maybe triple the size of live 8

Amused to Death said:
Well personally, if we have to lose a coordinator I'd rather it be Reich than Schwartz.  Maybe I'm underestimating his contributions but it was Doug that called the plays.  Promote Defilippo to OC and keep the consistency for Wentz.
It's gonna happen eventually. I'd like Frank to get his shot. Move DeFilipo up to OC and keep the train rolling.

Skoo said:
I would multiply that size by about 4.
Holy crap!

Live 8 was an insane crowd. I'm sure from the Linc to the art museum there will be more total people, but in front of the art museum itself seemed to be at absolute capacity that day. We were about 100 feet back and to the left of the fountain and got in & out pretty easily. 

I actually might be in Germany with a college buddy of mine, his twin sister, my brother and his best friend. Theres a Heavy Metal  Festival Called Wacken Open Air that runs from Aug 2-4 usually it's the first Weekend of Aug and runs from Wed-Sat. It's the biggest festival in the world over 100K people. Bands that maybe people in the US would be familiar with who have played there are Iron Maiden, Scorpions, Motley True, Slayer, Testament, Lamb of God etc. There's a lot of different bands from death metal, folk metal, Power Metal, etc. We've already started planning and don't need to get tickets right away because my Friend knows people in Germany or France. I forget how he knows them and their exact location but whatever it is going to them instead of flying to the nearest airport near Wacken Germany saves up a lot of money. Aug 4th is the last day of the shows and thats usually when the biggest acts play and the headliner closes the show. A few yrs ago Scorpions ended the show, a few yrs after Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian 2 years ago and this past year Arch Enemy. If we don't end up going this year my plans would change and maybe go to Canton

TV it is.......want some updates from you guys out there. :thumbup:
I'll be sure to give a nice lowdown on what happens at the end. My phone battery sucks at these events so I'm going out today to see if I can find a portable phone charger wireless I can take. Gonna have a backpack and put a few beers in there and have a few set aside when my Cousins and Uncles meet us so when they finally get to the art museum we can toast the title and my Pop-pop who's no longer with us. 

The Philly Special from my seat.

Hearing me yell "he's wide open" and my wife scream is awesome. 

https://youtu.be/TC2CFpnjskU
That's so awesome!  My wife took 2 videos of me to send to my daughter who was away at college.  One was this play and the other was the end of the game.  I'll have to upload mine as well.....and you'll have to excuse some of the language lol

BTW the Philly Special tee's that are being sold were made by former HS classmates of a cousin of mine. They are 21.99 each and $1 of each shirt is being donated to The Dutch Destroyer foundation. SO proceeds go to a great cause. They are only being sold till Monday but can't guarantee they'll have shirts still then. 

That's so awesome!  My wife took 2 videos of me to send to my daughter who was away at college.  One was this play and the other was the end of the game.  I'll have to upload mine as well.....and you'll have to excuse some of the language lol
It can't be any worse then our guys dropping F bombs and Kevin Hart at post game so it's all good  :lmao:

BTW the Philly Special tee's that are being sold were made by former HS classmates of a cousin of mine. They are 21.99 each and $1 of each shirt is being donated to The Dutch Destroyer foundation. SO proceeds go to a great cause. They are only being sold till Monday but can't guarantee they'll have shirts still then. 
Have a link? Would like to get one.

Amused to Death said:
BobbyLayne said:
“Conservative is the recipe for going 8-8.”

Quote of the year 
Might have been Howie Roseman who said the team had been building for 10-6 for too long.  10-6 doesn't get you a bye week.  I wondered if that was a small shot at Andy Reid.

10-6 is not good enough
Indeed. Some franchises are just now discovering 9-7 and the best 4-year stretch of the last 61 years #isnotgoodenough.

Skoo said:
Do they have most of the stuff in stock? Hoping to get one of the grey jackets they wore after the game but they don't have them in stock online anymore. Looks like they stocked some more this morning but they were all 3-5XL.

That "Super Bowl Champions" on the back......I must have it.
No dude not yet. No hoodies or sweaters either. That's ok. I'll be back LOL

Users who are viewing this thread