Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
jeaton6

2017 Playoff Contest

Recommended Posts

Ugh, knocked out on final cut of season long contest and now:

Total = 145.35

CUTOFF = 145.40

Was all over GB/NE

GL all!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, eNdblu said:

If the cut line remains high because entries were aiming for players in the conference final teams vs just the Superbowl team(s), how did they not understand the rules?  If the cutline remains high and knocks out those that stacked a team for the Superbowl, do their chances of winning not increase?

Because that happens every year.  Of course the cutline every round is inflated by teams with a more "balanced" roster.  Many, even most, of the entries that stack two Super Bowl teams will end up getting eliminated before the Super Bowl.  But not all of them will get eliminated, and that's all that matters.  As someone pointed out earlier, only 12 spots win prizes and really only the top 2 or 3 are worth even thinking about.  This is not the type of contest to attack conservatively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Plrs	NE_ATL	NE_GB	PIT_ATL	PIT_GB
14	0	1	0	0
13	0	0	0	0
12	1	5	1	1
11	4	9	1	0
10	5	19	2	2
9	14	44	12	9
8	40	72	19	30
7	98	150	32	68
6	200	289	99	166
5	347	396	209	315
4	519	488	441	590
3	438	313	524	468
2	257	167	439	285
1	49	42	172	58
0	28	5	49	8

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ignoratio Elenchi said:

Because that happens every year.  Of course the cutline every round is inflated by teams with a more "balanced" roster.  Many, even most, of the entries that stack two Super Bowl teams will end up getting eliminated before the Super Bowl.  But not all of them will get eliminated, and that's all that matters.  As someone pointed out earlier, only 12 spots win prizes and really only the top 2 or 3 are worth even thinking about.  This is not the type of contest to attack conservatively.

at last my NE Packers stack didn't make enough points, (damn you jordy)  but this is the correct strat for winning, try to have 2 teams with several players then 2 other team that u think will go to the conference to get u past that last cutoff (I had pit/Atl with GB dark horsing to the championship game)  more players in the big dance the better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a NE-SEA SB but hedged my bets with two players each from ATL, GB and PIT.  While I lost several potentials scorers in the SB, I would still have 8 players if I were to make it that far.  Granted, not the best players from ATL, GB and PIT but guys who can put up some points (Gabriel, Cobb, Green).  Meh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Survived on the back of a throw away pick Richard Rodgers.  Had a Pit/Dal Super Bowl so I'll only score 4 this week.  I'm pretty sure I'm covered by the huge Steeler contingent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I barely made it through and will have 6 players this week. Now I just have to root for 2 teams I hate NE and ATL. lol

 



ifeakes

 

This entry is still alive.

 

                                   18     19 

-------------------------------------------------

 

 

Jarvis Landry             $9     21.20   0.00

 

 

Zach Zenner              $11     11.80   0.00

 

Thomas Rawls             $13     22.70   3.40

Doug Baldwin             $20     28.00  19.10

 

 

Randall Cobb              $5     34.60  13.20

Geronimo Allison          $4      1.80   7.60

 

 

Tom Brady                $34      0.00  24.25

Dion Lewis               $17      0.00  19.40

Julian Edelman           $21      0.00  22.90

Stephen Gostkowski       $15      0.00  12.00

 

Matt Ryan                $25      0.00  34.60

Devonta Freeman          $20      0.00  20.50

Julio Jones              $18      0.00  18.70

Taylor Gabriel           $11      0.00  11.10

Austin Hooper             $4      0.00   2.50

Matt Bryant              $12      0.00  12.00

Atlanta Falcons          $10      0.00   9.00

 

 

----------------------------------------------

TOTAL                           120.10 145.55

CUTOFF                           91.90 145.40




			
				


	Edited  by Bombers411
	
	

			
		
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bluefire said:

Is the entry page blank for everyone else or is it something with my pc that's messed up?

Yes, Go to the "my apps" and open it from there .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2017 at 0:54 PM, Bombers411 said:

I barely made it through and will have 6 players this week. Now I just have to root for 2 teams I hate NE and ATL. lol

 



 

 

ifeakes

 

 

 

This entry is still alive.

 

 

 

                                   18     19 

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

Jarvis Landry             $9     21.20   0.00

 

 

 

 

 

Zach Zenner              $11     11.80   0.00

 

 

 

Thomas Rawls             $13     22.70   3.40

 

Doug Baldwin             $20     28.00  19.10

 

 

 

 

 

Randall Cobb              $5     34.60  13.20

 

Geronimo Allison          $4      1.80   7.60

 

 

 

 

 

Tom Brady                $34      0.00  24.25

 

Dion Lewis               $17      0.00  19.40

 

Julian Edelman           $21      0.00  22.90

 

Stephen Gostkowski       $15      0.00  12.00

 

 

 

Matt Ryan                $25      0.00  34.60

 

Devonta Freeman          $20      0.00  20.50

 

Julio Jones              $18      0.00  18.70

 

Taylor Gabriel           $11      0.00  11.10

 

Austin Hooper             $4      0.00   2.50

 

Matt Bryant              $12      0.00  12.00

 

Atlanta Falcons          $10      0.00   9.00

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------

 

TOTAL                           120.10 145.55

 

CUTOFF                           91.90 145.40

 

 



 

Looking golden to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, djjosee said:

Last year's cut was 65.5, I'm guessing it's much higher this year.

132.55

Massive

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/100217.php
11     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/101803.php
11     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/102815.php
11     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/104379.php
11     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/106111.php
10     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/100185.php
10     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/100612.php
10     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/106135.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/100793.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/101287.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/101618.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/101659.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/102079.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/102291.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/102338.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/102964.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/103258.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/103666.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/104343.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/105147.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/105723.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/106267.php

8     	34
7     	76
6     	134
5     	216
4     	273
3     	173
2     	71
1     	1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:54 AM, Bombers411 said:

I barely made it through and will have 6 players this week. Now I just have to root for 2 teams I hate NE and ATL. lol

 



 

 

ifeakes

 

 

 

This entry is still alive.

 

 

 

                                   18     19 

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

Jarvis Landry             $9     21.20   0.00

 

 

 

 

 

Zach Zenner              $11     11.80   0.00

 

 

 

Thomas Rawls             $13     22.70   3.40

 

Doug Baldwin             $20     28.00  19.10

 

 

 

 

 

Randall Cobb              $5     34.60  13.20

 

Geronimo Allison          $4      1.80   7.60

 

 

 

 

 

Tom Brady                $34      0.00  24.25

 

Dion Lewis               $17      0.00  19.40

 

Julian Edelman           $21      0.00  22.90

 

Stephen Gostkowski       $15      0.00  12.00

 

 

 

Matt Ryan                $25      0.00  34.60

 

Devonta Freeman          $20      0.00  20.50

 

Julio Jones              $18      0.00  18.70

 

Taylor Gabriel           $11      0.00  11.10

 

Austin Hooper             $4      0.00   2.50

 

Matt Bryant              $12      0.00  12.00

 

Atlanta Falcons          $10      0.00   9.00

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------

 

TOTAL                           120.10 145.55

 

CUTOFF                           91.90 145.40

 

 



 

I thought I was looking good with 8 in the SB, but with 11 you are looking fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2017 at 9:29 AM, stubby said:

Yup, looks like I didn't make it. Oh well, that's significantly higher first week cut off than past years. 

Sigh. Correctly called the Super Bowl teams, but missed the crazy high week one cutoff by 6 points, but would have coasted the last two weeks, and would be sitting pretty with 11 players in Super Bowl.

Brady, Blount,Edelman,Hogan,Mitchell, Bennett

Ryan,Freeman,Coleman, Julio, Gabriel

Oh well, good luck to those still remaining.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sigh. I thought I did everything right. I picked a NE / ATL Super Bowl with the QBs and high scorers from both teams. I think I picked a dozen players that are in the SB. But I used the baseline from other years and misjudged the first week's cut and didn't make it out of WC Weekend.

Another year (2011), I would have won the whole enchilada, but I literally missed the cut in championship weekend when Eli took a kneel down for - 2 yards on the last play of the game against SF (and missed the cut by 0.1 points).

I'll get you some day, Snidely Whiplash!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

Sigh. I thought I did everything right. I picked a NE / ATL Super Bowl with the QBs and high scorers from both teams. I think I picked a dozen players that are in the SB. But I used the baseline from other years and misjudged the first week's cut and didn't make it out of WC Weekend.

Another year (2011), I would have won the whole enchilada, but I literally missed the cut in championship weekend when Eli took a kneel down for - 2 yards on the last play of the game against SF (and missed the cut by 0.1 points).

I'll get you some day, Snidely Whiplash!

Right there with you. NE/ATL. Missed the first cut by scoring 90.55 against the 91.90 cut, hence my tirade against morons who didn't know the rules. Scored 161.65 Divisional week and 234.85 Conference Championship week. Would have the following in two weeks:

NE: Brady, Blount, White, Edelman, Hogan, Bennett

ATL: Ryan, Freeman, Jones, Gabriel, Hardy, Toilolo

 

Sigh. Yet, Snidely Whiplash be always allude me because I'm "retiring" from fantasy football and this was my last contest. Finally got it right but just missed.

Anyway, don't want to start a new thread about leaving the game because I saw how that worked out for the guy who did that at the beginning of the year. But I truly do appreciate everything that FBG has done and I enjoyed a lot of success the last 15 years or so following the suggestions of Joe, David and all the others. Thanks guys and good luck to the winner of this contest.

 

:thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2017 at 7:58 AM, Ignoratio Elenchi said:

12     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/100217.php
11     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/101803.php
11     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/102815.php
11     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/104379.php
11     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/106111.php
10     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/100185.php
10     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/100612.php
10     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/106135.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/100793.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/101287.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/101618.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/101659.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/102079.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/102291.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/102338.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/102964.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/103258.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/103666.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/104343.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/105147.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/105723.php
9     	http://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2016/106267.php

8     	34
7     	76
6     	134
5     	216
4     	273
3     	173
2     	71
1     	1

 

Any chance there is a live scoring page for this contest like the awesome tool that you created for regular season? Finally made it into the SB, but I believe I hedged myself a little too much after looking at all the remaining teams with more than my 8 guys.  Nevertheless, it would be fun to see how the SB plays out.  Thanks.

Russell Wilson           $29       
Thomas Rawls             $13       3.40  
Paul Richardson           $7     13.80    0.00 

Aaron Rodgers            $33       
Randall Cobb              $5       
Geronimo Allison          $4      1.80   7.60   2.10 

Tom Brady                $34       
LeGarrette Blount        $22       3.10  12.00 
James White              $11      0.00   8.40   2.30 
Chris Hogan               $9      0.00   
Danny Amendola            $7      0.00   1.50   3.20 

Matt Ryan                $25       
Devonta Freeman          $20       16.40 
Julio Jones              $18      0.00  18.70 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank goodness I got knocked out early. I would have finished in second, which probably would have aggravated me even more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2017 at 8:37 PM, Anarchy99 said:

Thank goodness I got knocked out early. I would have finished in second, which probably would have aggravated me even more.

I should check mine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ConstruxBoy said:

I should check mine. 

You would have finished third. I would have won with 183.7. Sigh.

 

 Construxboy

This entry is NOT still alive.

                                   18  
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Sammie Coates             $4      0.00   0.00   5.40   0.00 
Jesse James               $4      2.10  15.80  12.30   0.00 

Matthew Stafford         $15     11.75   0.00   0.00   0.00 



Aaron Rodgers            $33     42.10  30.40  35.95   0.00 
Randall Cobb              $5     34.60  13.20  14.20   0.00 


Tom Brady                $34      0.00  24.25  37.10  35.80 
LeGarrette Blount        $22      0.00   3.10  12.00   3.10 
James White              $11      0.00   8.40   2.30  38.90 
Julian Edelman           $21      0.00  22.90  25.80  13.90 
Chris Hogan               $9      0.00  13.50  39.00   9.70 
Martellus Bennett        $13      0.00   1.90  10.70  13.70 

Matt Ryan                $25      0.00  34.60  51.90  26.20 
Devonta Freeman          $20      0.00  20.50  16.40  19.10 
Julio Jones              $18      0.00  18.70  39.00  12.70 
Taylor Gabriel           $11      0.00  11.10   4.40  10.60 
Justin Hardy              $3      0.00   3.80   0.00   0.00 
Levine Toilolo            $2      0.00   5.60   2.00   0.00 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL                            90.55 
CUTOFF                           91.90 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

James White was the last guy I dropped off my team . . . not that it matters any. Great minds think alike. And get bounced early.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Bad_Mo said:

Is this happening this year?  I did a search but didn't see anything.

They will do one. I guarantee it, Joe Namath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm planning on running Calcomatic for the playoff contest if there is enough interest - what do you guys think?

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Steeler said:

I'm planning on running Calcomatic for the playoff contest if there is enough interest - what do you guys think?

That would be awesome! Just donated either way, it worked really well this year. Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Steeler said:

I'm planning on running Calcomatic for the playoff contest if there is enough interest - what do you guys think?

This would be awesome!  Thanks for taking over on short notice this year @Steeler, you did an amazing job.  I know firsthand how much work can go into this so I encourage everyone who got some enjoyment out of the site to send a few bucks his way.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2018 at 9:13 AM, Bad_Mo said:

Is this happening this year?  I did a search but didn't see anything.

Keep an eye out today...we (staff) are beta-testing it now for bugs, etc.

Dodds did well on pricing--be forewarned.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Lee said:

Keep an eye out today...we (staff) are beta-testing it now for bugs, etc.

Dodds did well on pricing--be forewarned.

I spotted one thing: the rules page says the first cut is to 3,000 teams, but the contest entry page says the first cut is to 4,000. 

Looking forward to another year of this contest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, jolszews said:

I spotted one thing: the rules page says the first cut is to 3,000 teams, but the contest entry page says the first cut is to 4,000. 

Looking forward to another year of this contest.

Thanks Jolszews...I've notified the authorities. It should be corrected ASAP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jolszews said:

I spotted one thing: the rules page says the first cut is to 3,000 teams, but the contest entry page says the first cut is to 4,000. 

Looking forward to another year of this contest.

 

I think this is fixed now. An early draft had it at 3000, but we decided to switch it back to the 4000 that it's always been. Can you do a quick check and confirm that it says 4000 everywhere now? Thanks!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Urgh, this is not fun trying to jam in PIT/NE with any of the top 4 options in the NFC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I approached roster construction with a key question in mind:

What would be the absolutely funniest thing that could happen?

Matty Ice beats the Rams, the Eagles and the Saints only to lose....again....to the Goat.

QB - Tom Brady - NE - $36
QB - Alex Smith - KC - $27
QB - Blake Bortles - JAX - $22
QB - Matt Ryan - ATL - $17
RB - Dion Lewis - NE - $19
RB - Devonta Freeman - ATL - $12
WR - Julio Jones - ATL - $19
TE - Rob Gronkowski - NE - $35
TE - Travis Kelce - KC - $25
PK - Josh Lambo - JAX - $11
PK - Matt Bryant - ATL - $8
TD - Kansas City Chiefs - KC - $10
TD - Atlanta Falcons - ATL - $8

Budget $249 (pours $1 out for Terry Glenn, RIP).

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

I approached roster construction with a key question in mind:

What would be the absolutely funniest thing that could happen?

Matty Ice beats the Rams, the Eagles and the Saints only to lose....again....to the Goat.

 

I went with the "least preferred" teams winning each round. 

Ends up with the Jaguars beating the Vikings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Doug Drinen said:

 

I think this is fixed now. An early draft had it at 3000, but we decided to switch it back to the 4000 that it's always been. Can you do a quick check and confirm that it says 4000 everywhere now? Thanks!

Yes, you fixed it: the page where I saw the 3,000 is now 4,000. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.