What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Naps... Do you take them (1 Viewer)

How long are your typical naps?

• 30 minute or less

Votes: 34 29.6%
  • About an Hour

Votes: 48 41.7%
  • 1-2 Hours

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • 2-3 Hours

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • 3+ Hours

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Max Power

Footballguy
I've been home with the kids for all of their holiday break and my sleep schedule is a bit goofy at the moment.  Stayed up until 2am on New Years as well.  I'd normally respond with once or twice a month for 1-2 hours a pop.  The last two days I've taken two naps lasting about 3 hours each.  Wife is all over me for sleeping my life away.  I didn't think it was that big of an issue.  Hence the poll...

When I was much younger keeping non traditional hours, napping was common.

Now, a nap is not a likely occurrence unless it is jet lag related and even then it is a last resort.... of course naps rock, they just don't happen often.

I hate naps, but I have a 1 month old and a 2 year old so right now I am partaking much more frequently.

Maybe 3-4 times a year. Usually related to accidentally falling asleep while watching football or golf. Maybe once a year I take an intentional nap due to feeling sick. 

Love naps and sleep in general.   I have no problem with sleeping a lot.   There's only so much to do while awake.  I'd much rather nap and wake up feeling great.

i can't sleep late anymore. i'm up by 6 most weekdays. the occasional nap on the weekend is nice, like finding money or something.

Between rarely and never. I'll take them if I'm sick or hungover, but that isn't often. Have unintentionally taken them after some exceptionally good afternoon weekend sex. 

I never took them then as a child and I generally get at least seven hours of sleep at night so I never really think to take them. 

I blame football season and basketball playoffs a little bit for my desire to nap.  Some of those games keep me up real late (Eastern time zone) on a Sunday or Monday night and have me starting the work week already wanting a nap. 

Most week days, I will shut my office door and take a 20 minute power nap at work. 

Weekends not so much as I usually sleep in until 7:30 or 8:00 and don't need the extra sleep.

Maybe once every two weeks during the Fall/Winter, but then about 1-2 per week once it starts getting hot. Though, I guess it probably all evens out as I tend to fall asleep earlier in the colder months. If a nap is in play in the Winter, then I might just say #### it and go to bed at 7:30.

No daily option??  Daily for me for a couple or so hours. Since cancer, the fuzzy and fatigue is monumental. I don't sleep well at night as that seems to be the preferred time for the aches and pains to awaken so naps are a must.

I'll lay in bed and read if I'm tired during the day but rarely fall asleep. I just don't fall asleep fast enough for naps to work.

When I'm marathon training I'll nap 3-4x a week for an hour at a time. Naps are so powerful. :thumbup:  

I used to never be able to quiet my mind enough to nap, but have learned to do it over time.  I can zonk out in five minutes most times. 

I'll take a power nap at my desk every now and then, but I don't like taking full naps. I usually wake up feeling groggy.

I usually take a nap after rubbing one out.  So...at least 2 or 3 naps a day.

Last edited by a moderator:
comfortably numb said:
Don't think I can relax enough to fall asleep 
You should probably see a professional about this.  I know it's manly to carry the weight of the world and all, but that's not healthy.  At all.

I have a very strange sleep schedule so I nap almost every day.

I stay up until around 4:30am every night and get up around 10:00am and then nap during the afternoon or early evening.

comfortably numb said:
Never 

Don't think I can relax enough to fall asleep 
I can't sleep unless TV on low.   It's a distraction from all the important stuff I shouldn't be thinking about.   that's just me.

I have a very strange sleep schedule so I nap almost every day.

I stay up until around 4:30am every night and get up around 10:00am and then nap during the afternoon or early evening.
You seem like a great guy.  But I hate you. ;)

You should probably see a professional about this.  I know it's manly to carry the weight of the world and all, but that's not healthy.  At all.
For naps? I can fall asleep ok at night for the most part when I'm some wasting time online but to sit in a room and go to sleep at 3PM I just start thinking about stuff and 15 min later I would get up.

I don't know how you people who can just konk out on a couch with people in the room can do that so easily.

comfortably numb said:
For naps? I can fall asleep ok at night for the most part when I'm some wasting time online but to sit in a room and go to sleep at 3PM I just start thinking about stuff and 15 min later I would get up.

I don't know how you people who can just konk out on a couch with people in the room can do that so easily.
I typically nap in the bedroom.   I'll go white noise with the headphones if the kids are making too much noise.  

Sorry, I didn't realize our scenario was napping in a room full of people.  You're probably fine.

Go to bed and black out the room. 

When I was younger(20-35),I used to think they were for ####### and Kansas City ######s.  Now, I really like them.  Nothing like pulling a quick Andy Capp once the 1:00 games are out of hand or while waiting for the kids school bus to get here.  

I think of naps being for people not in good shape.  That may be just a miconception on my part though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love taking a power nap on the weekends if I get the chance. I feel fantastic after sleeping for about 30 minutes.  I probably take 1 nap/month. 

I think of naps being for people not in good shape.  That may be just a miconception on my part though.
Studies have shown that you perform better if you give in to a nap if you are feeling it. Even shutting your eyes for awhile and just relaxing refreshes you. There is nothing wrong with people who benefit from it. It doesn't mean they are in ill health. Most are under a lot of stress and just powering through is going to eventually make them unhealthy..

Users who are viewing this thread