What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would you make this trade? (1 Viewer)

toxicbees

Footballguy
I'd be getting Tyreek Hill in exchange for the 9th pick in the 2017 Rookie Draft.

This is for a PPR Dynasty league.

I like Tyreek, but wonder if he'll end up more a gadget player with inconsistent fantasy value.  Where instead I could snatch a top WR at 9th overall.

If you are thin at WR then it is certainly a gamble you have to be willing to take.

Or just imagine where Tyreek would go if he were placed into the draft with all of the rookies.  If you think that's where he'd go or if he'd go sooner, then take the shot. If not, then respectfully pass.

Best of luck.

I think Tyreke is much better than a "gadget" player.  He runs solid routes and has good hands.  If your league gives points for return yards it's an easy accept.  Even if they don't I think he has the potential to be a solid WR2/3 down the road.  The Chiefs seems to know how to utilize him and maximize his efforts.  I would probably make that trade for Hill.

Any other opinions?  I have a bit of a tie here
Saw this on the Dynasty Nerds site yesterday, which might be of help to you:

http://www.dynastynerds.com/players-to-sell-high-on-in-2017/

Tyreek Hill

It’s hard to believe since he went undrafted in most rookie drafts this past year, but Tyreek Hill finished as the WR24 in PPR this season. Of course, his production needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Hill is arguably the most explosive playmaker in the NFL at the present time, but volume indicates that his fantasy production is destined for a decline. In 2016, Hill scored a total of 9 offensive touchdowns on merely 85 touches. He also failed to eclipse 100 yards receiving in any contest as a rookie. Sure, he made an impact on special teams. However, not all scoring formats credit individual players with such production. Due to Hill’s heavy reliance on touchdowns and limited volume, he is best viewed as a boom-or-bust WR2 moving forward.

Sell For:

A late 2017 1st or a 2017 2nd
I would agree with their assessment and think he would be a dicey start next year even in a flex spot.

I  don't think I could pull the trigger giving the 1.09 for him at this point in time. The most I would pay would be probably 1.11 - 1.12 and would have to think on that, although I would definitely go a low to mid 2nd depending on my roster needs.

Saw this on the Dynasty Nerds site yesterday, which might be of help to you:

http://www.dynastynerds.com/players-to-sell-high-on-in-2017/

I would agree with their assessment and think he would be a dicey start next year even in a flex spot.

I  don't think I could pull the trigger giving the 1.09 for him at this point in time. The most I would pay would be probably 1.11 - 1.12 and would have to think on that, although I would definitely go a low to mid 2nd depending on my roster needs.
The only think I disagree with is that I think the volume goes up as they did as the season went along.  He did have a high TD total (which is due to come down some) and he does get an extra boost if your league gives points for return yards but I do think his touches will go up next year off setting a bit of the TD regression. 

I'd prefer the pick. Im also more for selling players when they're at the peak of their value. I think Tyreek is there. There is also a lot of concerns about manufactured touches and will his usage be the same next year. Maybe try throwing in a a third or fourth round rookie pick and try to move higher in the first?

Take the pick! As a tiebreaker Hill is a horrible human being who was kicked out of College for beating his pregnant girlfriend!

Users who are viewing this thread