What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

End of Year Feedback: DFS Content (1 Viewer)

John Lee

Footballguy
The FBG crew is headed to Knoxville to crash Joe's pad this weekend and while there is going to be a lot of milkshakes, football, and hijinx, we are going to talk business too.

One of the things that continues to evolve on the site is the daily content. If you look at the archives from 2014 through today, you'll note that we have made great strides with regards to what we offer and how it is presented. That said, there is always room for improvement and that is what I'm looking for in this post.

Basically, what I'm asking for is the following:

1) What current tools, features, and/or articles are absolute MUST HAVES for you moving into the future as an FBG DFS subscriber?

2) What tools/features would you like to see that are currently missing from the weekly DFS content currently provided?

3) *DM RESPONSES ONLY (PLEASE): If we were to cut articles to pay for new features (#2 above) what DFS pieces could you live without?

If you don't have a strong answer to any of these questions, but have feedback for the others, that is 100% fine...just share what you can. I cannot promise that your feedback will result in exactly what you want, but I can promise that it will be carefully considered as we look to 2017 and beyond...

Many thanks,

John (tipandpick)

**I'm asking for direct messages only for #3 because I don't want to offend any of our hard-working contributors if they see their piece listed in a public forum. I appreciate your cooperation with this request.**

I would like to see you guys develop a mass lineup generator for GPP lineup construction (something like what lineup cruncher has).  Seems there are some smart developer types on the staff, should be doable.  

Here are some of my thoughts:

1) What current tools, features, and/or articles are absolute MUST HAVES for you moving into the future as an FBG DFS subscriber?

I poke around just about everything, but these are things that I used on a weekly basis:  IVC of course, Vegas Value Chart, Exposed, eValuator since I tried a couple different sites, Tips and Picks, Dodd's Cost/Value chart, and Trendspotting.  The DFS roundtable had a lot of good info and a look into how the different guys think throughout the year as well.

2) What tools/features would you like to see that are currently missing from the weekly DFS content currently provided?

This is especially if there is a talk in price increase for the DFS content or charging a separate amount just for that info:

A.  I would love have the IVC be more of an all encompassing feature.  I am computer illiterate, so don't know how possible it would be.  Would love to be able to click on the player right from that tool and get info/stats/game logs.  Would also love it if the IVC gave you the ability to lock out a player from showing up.  Say I don't like Melvin Gordon for a week, I can lock him out before they spit out LUs to me.  I also like PM's idea above about having the ability for it to spit out multiple LUs with the click of a button.  Say I lock in 4 players for a gpp an it gives me multiple ideas for LUs with those 4 guys in them.  I have seen other pay sites have this ability.   Maybe even have a function of doing more of a cash LU vs. a gpp LU?

B.  I really like the Exposed article, but would like see more detailed stats on defensive players that the WRs and TEs will be facing that week and how many pts/g they are allowing or have a running rating for the DBs  Also what would fantastic is stats or articles about how the teams run their O vs. the D they are facing.  Are they likely to switch formations, put someone else in the slot, etc.. 

C.  Really like the Vegas Value Chart, but would love that to be updated throughout the week as the lines change, or at least get an update Saturday night/Sunday morning.  On these lines, I also liked the "What Vegas is Telling Us" portion of the Power Grid podcast, and would like that in an article and maybe an update on that over the weekend, especially if there is line movement that we should consider for being on/off certain teams. 

D.  I grumbled a little about it this year, but know it's also a complaint a bit around here, so having more of a schedule that is posted or a deadline when articles or the IVC is going to be up so people don't get frustrated checking back for info would be great.  

All in all, I think you guys do a great job with the info, I would just personally like to see this be more of a one stop shop for info.   

ETA:  stuff that I think is essential for the week that is on the main page, not the DFS page is the SOS, Fantasy Pts Allowed, season stats by sites/scoring, targets, RZ targets, and the Game Predictor. 

Last edited by a moderator:
 You can already lock out players from the IVC. In between the players name and position is a green circle,click on that to change it to a red x and they are locked out.

I relied a ton on the IVC.  I fully agree with the other responses in that being able to generate multiple lineups would be a welcome addition, particularly in building GPP lineups. 

I liked the consensus rankings and wisdom of the staff articles as well.  It helped to quickly identify some players that I needed to consider further, as well as helped in determining how chalky players may be.  The rationale behind the rankings/picks is also important.

Power Grid podcast was excellent.

Overall, the content was strong, and more than paid for itself as a low stakes player.

Raging weasel said:
 You can already lock out players from the IVC. In between the players name and position is a green circle,click on that to change it to a red x and they are locked out.
:lmao:

Well, ####. 

I'd like to have blogs like Dodds and Devin be for members only so the trolls can keep their asinine comments to themselves.  I think there could also be more time spent in the blogs answering questions and the sort.

I also liked your periscope last year!

Thanks for a great year!

Great product.  I'll leave the suggestions to the others as I'm 100% satisfied.

Last edited by a moderator:
1)  IVC, Dodds Cost/Value chart, Cracking Fanduel, Tips and Picks, and the Vegas Value Chart.  There are other articles I like and read when I have time (like Bonnema's stuff), but I'm not sure I'd say they are "essential" to my process. 

2)  Some great ideas already listed here for the IVC.  Along the lines of building multiple GPP LUs, I'd like to be able to see all 4 lineups (MT, DD, SB, AVG) side by side when generating off a base of >3 players.  I do so much clicking back and forth between lineups it gets confusing.  You also have to clear out the same players over and over.  I've also seen on another site the ability to choose upwards of 30-40 players and then generate multiple lineups just from those players.

Sorry ran out of time, I'll try to get back here later.

Are you able to sync to FD or DK in a similar way you do MFL, etc?  It would be nice to be able to get a breakdown like 11% of my GPPs use Spencer Ware, 33% of my GPP $s use Spencer Ware, 55% of my cash game lineups use Spencer Ware, 45% of my cash game dollars use Spencer Ware.  Then maybe like a list of guys your rankings/algorithms feel I have underused in my lineups or guys that will be highly owned by others that I don't have.  It's not really that hard to figure out I guess, it would just be nice if could be automated.

I'm thinking something like...

Guys you will be banking on

Kelce 55% 75% expected OPP 25%

DJohnson 71% 70% expected OPP 41%

Guys you are likely fading

ABrown 5% 2% expected OPP 48%

Hopkins 0% 0% expected OPP 21%

3) *DM RESPONSES ONLY (PLEASE): If we were to cut articles to pay for new features (#2 above) what DFS pieces could you live without?
1).  The IVC is essential.  Gives more control and better UI/UX for self building lineups than some other generators (e.g. Rotogrinders).  Other columns that were must reads for me every week were Dodds' Cracking Fanduel and Wisdom of the Staff.

2a).  Defense x Position and Targets/Touches (raw, %, trends).  Feel like you have access to this information on the site but it wasn't accessible easily from DFS page. This information was always a part of my DFS prep.  

2b) Was going to suggest more of a Vegas totals' feature but reading this thread I found out about the Vegas Value Chart. I always used Rotogrinders Odds and Lines for team totals and O/Us because that is, IMO, the MOST important information every week.  Lee adding some suggestions on to the raw totals makes the feature even sweeter.  My recommendation for this feature is to move it higher up the page :)  

Users who are viewing this thread