Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Bucky86

The Mexico Border Wall Thread: Still No Wall

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Not my problem at all.  I feel like I'm in touch with what the American people want with regards to a better economy, end the illegal immigration,, lower unemployment, restore community safety,  to clean up the corruption and special interest collusion in Washington, DC, renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal,  lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward, lower taxes, remove regulations, so businesses can thrive and create more jobs......

Warren and many of her opponents are just interested in removing Trump.  They don't have an agenda the American people care about.

 

It doesn’t matter what you think is right or wrong or if you feel you have a pulse of the people or whatever. I personally think Trump has done very little of the things you say. These things are up for argument but If you think Warren doesn’t have an agenda she wants to put in that’s crazy.

The point is though the president isn’t a king. They should have to get projects paid for by working with Congress. You shouldn’t be happy that he is doing this beside the point that it highlighted how poor of a deal maker and leader he is. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The General said:

It doesn’t matter what you think is right or wrong or if you feel you have a pulse of the people or whatever. I personally think Trump has done very little of the things you say. These things are up for argument but If you think Warren doesn’t have an agenda she wants to put in that’s crazy.

The point is though the president isn’t a king. They should have to get projects paid for by working with Congress. You shouldn’t be happy that he is doing this beside the point that it highlighted how poor of a deal maker and leader he is. 

 

At the end of the day Trump will go down as one of the greatest presidents of all-time.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

 lower unemployment, 

 

4 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

 create more jobs......

With lower unemployment,  where is the work force going to come from for all these more jobs?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

At the end of the day Trump will go down as one of the greatest presidents of all-time*

 

 

 

*named donald

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

At the end of the day Trump will go down as one of the greatest presidents of all-time.

Fantasyland 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mile High said:

 

With lower unemployment,  where is the work force going to come from for all these more jobs?

Hopefully some of those people graduating with bullsheet degrees can finally find a job, but they will need to understand they can't go into the job thinking they will be making 150K and get multiple promotions after one year.   

Edited by JohnnyU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Hopefully some of those people graduating with Bullsheet degrees can finally find a job, but they will need to understand they can't go into the job thinking they will be making 150K and get multiple promotions after one year.   

Unemployment is at record lows. Seems like most people already have no problem finding jobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mile High said:

Unemployment is at record lows. Seems like most people already have no problem finding jobs.

Isn't that good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Isn't that good?

Yes it is. That's not what I asked.  Creating help wanted signs isn't the same as filling those jobs. Same as if for some reason all these companies bring their jobs back to America,  with record low unemployment where will the work force come from to fill all these new jobs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just like around here. Help wanted signs are everywhere,  does no good when no one comes in to actually do the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mile High said:

Yes it is. That's not what I asked.  Creating help wanted signs isn't the same as filling those jobs. Same as if for some reason all these companies bring their jobs back to America,  with record low unemployment where will the work force come from to fill all these new jobs?

I don't know about all of them, but Trump has created 5.4 million new jobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JohnnyU said:

I don't know about all of them, but Trump has created 5.4 million new jobs.

“That’s all” -Obama

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I don't know about all of them, but Trump has created 5.4 million new jobs.

That's great and unemployment is at record lows. Now where is the work force going to come from for the new 5 million jobs? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The General said:

“That’s all” -Obama

The Trump Scoreboard shows that 5.4 million new jobs have been created under the 45th president. That puts the jobs growth, on a median per-month basis, ahead of President Barack Obama’s, though still well behind President Bill Clinton’s.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-scoreboard-shows-acceleration-in-jobs-growth-even-with-unemployment-rate-at-new-lows-2019-05-03

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

The Trump Scoreboard shows that 5.4 million new jobs have been created under the 45th president. That puts the jobs growth, on a median per-month basis, ahead of President Barack Obama’s, though still well behind President Bill Clinton’s.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-scoreboard-shows-acceleration-in-jobs-growth-even-with-unemployment-rate-at-new-lows-2019-05-03

 

Newer article: Link

Trump’s doing his best keeping pace and didn’t totally mess up Obama’s hard work so he deserves a cookie for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

At the end of the day Trump will go down as one of the greatest presidents of all-time.

In what way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

At the end of the day Trump will go down as one of the greatest presidents of all-time.

Shirley, you can't be serious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Already been there at least 84 times.

And you've been wrong every time.  There is no measure by which he will go down as anything more than a bad president.  And embarrassment that he was ever elected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JohnnyU said:
On 9/25/2019 at 3:16 PM, The General said:

Trump’s great week continues

Senate passes vote to stop Trump from stealing money for his pet projects.

veto

In another thread you just discussed how Dems are not getting anything done. This is a bipartisan vote.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, beef said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-said-this-wall-cant-be-climbed-professional-climbers-say-hes-full-of-sht

 

Probably already posted, but this gets funnier every time I read it.

“This design, it’s a game-changer,” Mark Morgan, acting commissioner of Customs and Border Protection, told reporters at the Otay Mesa event, adding that the demonstration would hopefully counter the “a false narrative out there that this wall is the president’s ‘vanity wall.’”

Shortly thereafter, Trump put his signature on one of the barrier’s iron-coated, concrete-filled, rebar-reinforced bollards.

:lmao:

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on that market watch article is looks about a tie.  Clinton had more jobs though.  Inflation was lower under Obama.  Bush and Clinton both beat trump in wage growth.

 

Edited by beef

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

In another thread you just discussed how Dems are not getting anything done. This is a bipartisan vote.

Controlling illegal immigration is vital to national security and Trump realizes it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Controlling illegal immigration is vital to national security and Trump realizes it.

He had 25 billion agreed to by the Dems. He somehow worked backwards to having to take 5    billion from the troops. He’s either bad at this or doesn’t want to actually do anything other than have something to froth at the mouth about in 2020.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The General said:

He had 25 billion agreed to by the Dems. He somehow worked backwards to having to take 5    billion from the troops. He’s either bad at this or doesn’t want to actually do anything other than have something to froth at the mouth about in 2020.

And let's not forget the 2 yrs the Republicans had complete control of the government but did not do anything about immigration. Even though the president has said multiple times if the Democrats would just cooperate it could be done in no time.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Controlling illegal immigration is vital to national security and Trump realizes it.

I wonder why he didn't "realize" it during the 2 years the GOP had complete control. But suddenly it became a national emergency the minute the Dems took over the House. But for 2 years there was no "national emergency".

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Controlling illegal immigration is vital to national security and Trump realizes it.

If that were really true - why is Trump wasting so much time and money on a useless wall?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Controlling illegal immigration is vital to national security and Trump realizes it.

Then why is he wasting his time with this symbolism? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, msommer said:

How's that wall coming, gents?

Hundreds of miles have been built this year alone. It's a perfect wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mario Kart said:

Hundreds of miles have been built this year alone. It's a perfect wall.

The best wall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Osaurus said:

The best wall

It certainly is transparent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 5:58 PM, JohnnyU said:

Isn't that good?

Breaking a record adding a trillion or two to the national debt during good economic times is a problem. One of the reasons Clinton didn’t deal with deficits was because the economy was booming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mario Kart said:

Hundreds of miles have been built this year alone. It's a perfect wall.

Can the alligators from the moat get around an incomplete wall? I don't want more alligators in the U.S.

Edited by BigJim®
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2019 at 12:46 AM, BigJim® said:

Can the alligators from the moat get around an incomplete wall? I don't want more alligators in the U.S.

It is all a tradeoff:  do you want more alligators or drug dealers and rapists xxxxhole countries?  Make your choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

It is all a tradeoff:  do you want more alligators or drug dealers and rapists xxxxhole countries?  Make your choice.

What about rapist, drug dealing alligators from ####hole countries?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What about rapist, drug dealing alligators from ####hole countries?

I think ####hole countries have crocodiles, not alligators. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if he priced out quicksand vs a moat.

Might be some cost savings there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Lutherman2112 said:

I think ####hole countries have crocodiles, not alligators. 

You think Trump cares about details like that?

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The General said:

Climbers versus Trump wall

A climber built a replica of the Trump fence. Was scaled by an 8 year old and a man juggling :lol:

 

Fortunately the bad hombres from Mexico are all middle aged men that suck at juggling.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where there is a will, there is away, and who didn't see this happening 

Smugglers are sawing through new sections of Trump’s border wall

SAN DIEGO — Smuggling gangs in Mexico have repeatedly sawed through new sections of President Trump’s border wall in recent months by using commercially available power tools, opening gaps large enough for people and drug loads to pass through, according to U.S. agents and officials with knowledge of the damage.

The breaches have been made using a popular cordless household tool known as a reciprocating saw that retails at hardware stores for as little as $100. When fitted with specialized blades, the saws can slice through one of the barrier’s steel-and-concrete bollards in a matter of minutes, according to the agents, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the barrier-defeating techniques.

After cutting through the base of a single bollard, smugglers can push the steel out of the way, allowing an adult to fit through the gap. Because the bollards are so tall — and are attached only to a panel at the very top — their length makes them easier to push aside once they have been cut and are left dangling, according to engineers consulted by The Washington Post.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/national/smugglers-are-sawing-through-new-sections-of-trumps-border-wall/2019/11/01/25bf8ce0-fa72-11e9-ac8c-8eced29ca6ef_story.html%3foutputType=amp

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We could have helped those who really needed it but instead wasted it on an environmentally hazardous monument to Trump.  So sick of this stuff. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

— A Halloween party on Oct. 25 at the Eisenhower Executive Office Building featured candy, paper airplanes and — concerning for some attendees — a station where children were encouraged to help “Build the Wall” with their own personalized bricks.

Horrified. We were horrified,” said a person who was there and requested anonymity to avoid professional retaliation.

Sure you were. Sounds pretty cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mile High said:

Where there is a will, there is away, and who didn't see this happening 

Smugglers are sawing through new sections of Trump’s border wall

SAN DIEGO — Smuggling gangs in Mexico have repeatedly sawed through new sections of President Trump’s border wall in recent months by using commercially available power tools, opening gaps large enough for people and drug loads to pass through, according to U.S. agents and officials with knowledge of the damage.

The breaches have been made using a popular cordless household tool known as a reciprocating saw that retails at hardware stores for as little as $100. When fitted with specialized blades, the saws can slice through one of the barrier’s steel-and-concrete bollards in a matter of minutes, according to the agents, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the barrier-defeating techniques.

After cutting through the base of a single bollard, smugglers can push the steel out of the way, allowing an adult to fit through the gap. Because the bollards are so tall — and are attached only to a panel at the very top — their length makes them easier to push aside once they have been cut and are left dangling, according to engineers consulted by The Washington Post.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/national/smugglers-are-sawing-through-new-sections-of-trumps-border-wall/2019/11/01/25bf8ce0-fa72-11e9-ac8c-8eced29ca6ef_story.html%3foutputType=amp

Isn't there any electronics and / or drones too?  A wall by itself isn't going to work, you have to have the wall + new technology working for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Isn't there any electronics and / or drones too?  A wall by itself isn't going to work, you have to have the wall + new technology working for you.

I’m all for Trump building a wall out electronic drones.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.