What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Staffing agency ask me anything (1 Viewer)

RokNRole

Footballguy
It's a slow day at work so if I'm going to goof off on here I'll try to make it work related.

2 years experience as a recruiter and 3 months as a branch manager. Ask me anything about my field.

So lets say you place a guy in a business. And he makes $10 hour. How much to do get for placing him there?

What is the business model like?  Do you have P/L responsibilities?
As the branch manager of course I'm responsible for my offices profits.

majority of sales is done from corporate. If there is interest after contact I meet the client personally and handle the negotiations from there.

and then we mark up from the wage they desire to pay the employees we provide. Typically 50% for truck drivers and 35% for laborers which puts our profit margins at around 20%

Got any leads on positions in Southern California in the real estate development industry?  Asking for a friend.  :sadbanana:

So lets say you place a guy in a business. And he makes $10 hour. How much to do get for placing him there?
We would bill the client around $14 assuming it's a standard labor position. After insurance and WC we only get a little more than $1 per hour profit on it

We would bill the client around $14 assuming it's a standard labor position. After insurance and WC we only get a little more than $1 per hour profit on it
So how do employee taxes work? The employee is only earning $10 an hour, but the business that hired him is paying $14 an hour for him. Are employee taxes based on $10 an hour or $14?

So how do employee taxes work? The employee is only earning $10 an hour, but the business that hired him is paying $14 an hour for him. Are employee taxes based on $10 an hour or $14?
They are only taxed on $10 because that is what they are being paid.

They don't know what we are billing for them.

Who made that allegation?
Everyone.  They say you have no real talent.  The only talent is in finding people desperate enough for a paycheck (the prostitute if you will) that you can then pimp out to businesses and take a piece off the top.

How do you respond?

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone.  They say you have no real talent.  The only talent is in finding people desperate enough for a paycheck (the prostitute if you will) that you can then pimp out to businesses and take a piece off the top.

How do you respond?
It's a living

2 years as a recruiter and 3 months as a Branch Manager pays how much in terms of base?  Bonus? 

I really don't handle this part of it.

i don't do the invoicing or company taxes.
As someone who needs employees, this is important to know. If I hire someone at $10 an hour, not only do I have to withhold their income tax withholdings, I also have to pay the employer side taxes. So when I pay someone $10 and hour, they really cost me $11 an hour after payroll taxes. 

So if I use you $14 an hour worker, would it cost me $14 and only $14 because you cover the payroll taxes? Or would it cost me $15 when the additional $1 in payroll taxes on his $10 pay hits my bill from you? I would be stupid to use your service not knowing this ahead of time.

OOF - profit of roughly $1-$2/hr per employee.  That's 40-80 "profit". Does this include overhead like office space, payroll of office staff, etc? 

Seems like you'd have to have 100's of people working at any given time to make any bonus. 

As someone who needs employees, this is important to know. If I hire someone at $10 an hour, not only do I have to withhold their income tax withholdings, I also have to pay the employer side taxes. So when I pay someone $10 and hour, they really cost me $11 an hour after payroll taxes. 

So if I use you $14 an hour worker, would it cost me $14 and only $14 because you cover the payroll taxes? Or would it cost me $15 when the additional $1 in payroll taxes on his $10 pay hits my bill from you? I would be stupid to use your service not knowing this ahead of time.
My employees aren't on the clients payroll. They just get a bill from us as a vender.

OOF - profit of roughly $1-$2/hr per employee.  That's 40-80 "profit". Does this include overhead like office space, payroll of office staff, etc? 

Seems like you'd have to have 100's of people working at any given time to make any bonus. 
That's just one low paying position.

we have some people making $20 per hour. The margins are much more on those.

I really don't handle this part of it.

i don't do the invoicing or company taxes.
You've been in the Staffing Industry for over 2 years and are now a Branch Manager and you don't know the answer to this question? 

Using your example - the client company is billed $14/hr for every hour the employee works. 

The worker is the employee of the staffing agency, not the client company.  The staffing agency pays all employment taxes (FICA, SUDA, Unemployment Insurance, etc) on said employee on the $10/hr. 

You've been in the Staffing Industry for over 2 years and are now a Branch Manager and you don't know the answer to this question? 

Using your example - the client company is billed $14/hr for every hour the employee works. 

The worker is the employee of the staffing agency, not the client company.  The staffing agency pays all employment taxes (FICA, SUDA, Unemployment Insurance, etc) on said employee on the $10/hr. 
Oh yes we do. It's included in the markup

Users who are viewing this thread