What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What TV shows are you currently watching? (1 Viewer)

Buzzbait

Footballguy
There are a ton of great shows on TV these days. With so many options to choose from what are you watching?

Current watch list:
Game of Thrones - Just starting S3. I'm way behind!
Ash vs Evil Dead - Slapstick gory humor with wise cracking Bruce Campbell reprising his role as Ash. Groovy.
The Man in the High Castle - Big fan of WWII history. Love the alternate history "What if?" aspect.
The Crown - Just started watching based on friend's recommendation. Jury still out.
Luke Cage - Giving this a try since the Daredevil series ended.
=============================
In between seasons:
Better Call Saul - Huge BB fan. Bob Odenkirk is fantastic as Slippin' Jimmy.
Narcos - It will be interesting to see where they go with S3 since they wrapped up the Pablo Escobar timeline.
Daredevil - My favorite thing from Marvel with the exception of Deadpool.
Walking Dead - Losing steam fast but I'll likely hang in for the duration.
Interested but not enough time in the day:
House of Cards
Jessica Jones
Longmire

Last edited by a moderator:
I just started Justified.  I don't typically like episodic tv but the first 3 episodes have been enjoyable.  There seems to be some seeds of an arc too but too early to tell.

I just started Justified.  I don't typically like episodic tv but the first 3 episodes have been enjoyable.  There seems to be some seeds of an arc too but too early to tell.
The first season is by far the most episodic, the rest are mostly serial. Season 2 of Justified is an all-timer, enjoy.

Fantastic show! Never really thought of what would be my all time favorites but this would be somewhere in the list.

I'd say they move away from episodic after first 8 episodes of first season, and that's when the the series elevates. After the first season, there might be a few episodes that add an independent story line but they are all serialized. And agree that S2 is one of the all-time best seasons of TV. I'd rank them S2>S3>S6>S4>S1>S5.

Currently showing my girlfriend Deadwood, My So-Called Life and You're the Worst, while on TV this week watched only Sunny, New Girl, Modern Family and Vikings. But I'm sure going to be a bunch of shows starting up soon.

We're re-watching The Office (US), All in the Family and Larry Sanders.

Started Man in High Castle.

Midway thru Season 3 of Black Mirror

Big Bang, Modern Family and Life in Pieces

Haven't started the new season of Vikings yet. Same with Sunny and Man Seeking Woman

Billy on the Street

There are a ton of great shows on TV these days. With so many options to choose from what are you watching?

Current watch list:
Game of Thrones - Just starting S3. I'm way behind!
Ash vs Evil Dead - Slapstick gory humor with wise cracking Bruce Campbell reprising his role as Ash. Groovy.
The Man in the High Castle - Big fan of WWII history. Love the alternate history "What if?" aspect.
The Crown - Just started watching based on friend's recommendation. Jury still out.
Luke Cage - Giving this a try since the Daredevil series ended.
In between seasons:
Better Call Saul - Huge BB fan. Bob Odenkirk is fantastic as Slippin' Jimmy.
Narcos - It will be interesting to see where they go with S3 since they wrapped up the Pablo Escobar timeline.
Daredevil - My favorite thing from Marvel with the exception of Deadpool.
Walking Dead - Losing steam fast but I'll likely hang in for the duration.
Interested but not enough time in the day:
House of Cards
Jessica Jones
Longmire
If you liked Daredevil - either or both seasons - and Luke Cage, and you enjoy watching two scorchingly attractive women (one brunette, one blonde) on your TV, both of whom can act (one of whom at a very high level), you owe it to yourself to watch Jessica Jones pretty much immediately.  It also happens to be ridiculously entertaining, very well-acted all around, and extraordinarily well-written.  Not to mention that it takes on women-centric issues in a way that few other series do and thus creates quite a fresh perspective.  Bonus: David Tennant as the villain.    

Started Wentworth a few weeks ago. Pretty good series, and from what I hear it only gets better.

I plan to start the following some time:

Humans Season 2

Ballers Season 2

Sense8

Stranger Things

What can you guys tell me about the following: Limitless, Ray Donovan, The OA, House of Cards and Mad Men?

Started Wentworth a few weeks ago. Pretty good series, and from what I hear it only gets better.

Humans Season 2

Ballers Season 2

Sense8

Stranger Things

What can you guys tell me about the following: Limitless, Ray Donovan, The OA, House of Cards and Mad Men?
Looks like I should bump my "TV shows without threads" thread. 

I watched The OA.  I thought it was excellent.  I had never encountered Brit Marling before and it was hard not to come away impressed with her - she writes (she co-wrote nearly every episode of the series and also co-created it), she acts (and well), she was the valedictorian of her Georgetown class and turned down a job offer to work as an investment banker with Goldman Sachs.  Nice.  

Huge note of caution, though.  The show is NOT for everyone.  A lot of critics had trouble with the finale, in fact so much trouble that it made them angry that they had watched the season at all, or at least that they had watched and enjoyed the season to that point.  It's not that the ending is unsatisfying, but it requires some faithfulness and devotion to the premise, let's say, on the part of the viewer.  But in general, if you like mysteries and fantasy/supernatural elements, you'll like it.  It's very thought-provoking.  I am relatively sure there will be a season 2 but it could be anthologized.   

Looks like I should bump my "TV shows without threads" thread. 

I watched The OA.  I thought it was excellent.  I had never encountered Brit Marling before and it was hard not to come away impressed with her - she writes (she co-wrote nearly every episode of the series and also co-created it), she acts (and well), she was the valedictorian of her Georgetown class and turned down a job offer to work as an investment banker with Goldman Sachs.  Nice.  

Huge note of caution, though.  The show is NOT for everyone.  A lot of critics had trouble with the finale, in fact so much trouble that it made them angry that they had watched the season at all, or at least that they had watched and enjoyed the season to that point.  It's not that the ending is unsatisfying, but it requires some faithfulness and devotion to the premise, let's say, on the part of the viewer.  But in general, if you like mysteries and fantasy/supernatural elements, you'll like it.  It's very thought-provoking.  I am relatively sure there will be a season 2 but it could be anthologized.   
Marling has a string of weird movies that she's written and starred in.  Sound Of My Voice, Another Earth, The East (which is probably the most accessible).  I've read about the OA and the finale and it just sounds like the stuff Brit Marling does.  I always find her stuff to be near misses.

I'm pretty much just binge watching Person of Interest right now.  I'm a bit upset I didn't watch during its run, as it's a pretty big step above the standard procedural/genre show.  I even dig Caviezel's weird mumbling. 

Marling has a string of weird movies that she's written and starred in.  Sound Of My Voice, Another Earth, The East (which is probably the most accessible).  I've read about the OA and the finale and it just sounds like the stuff Brit Marling does.  I always find her stuff to be near misses.
Pretty much exactly what most critics who didn't like The OA said.  I gathered that they imported their past frustration's with Marling's work into The OA, or just found it to be more of the same, a premise that (they claimed) didn't pay off, only this time eight hours long instead of two. 

GOT, Shameless, Ballers, Vice Principals.

I'm almost at the end of season 6 of Mad Men, and I'm wondering why I didn't atop after season 2. This show is average at best but I'm too far invested, so I gotta go ahead and watch the final 15 or so episodes.

Got Westworld in queue.

• Blue Bloods
  • Blacklist
  • Scorpion
  • Hawaii Five-0
  • Survivor
  • Big Brother
  • Last Man Standing
Listed in order of favorites (I watch too much TV) :bag:

From my DVR series manager. Some of the newer shows I haven't even watched yet.

TNT

The Last Ship

FX

The Strain

Fargo

Baskets

Better Things

USA

Mr Robot

Falling Water

AMC

Fear the Walking Dead

The Walking Dead

Into the Badlands

Better Call Saul

Preacher

Halt and Catch Fire

CW

The Flash

DCs Legends of Tomorrow

CBS

The Big Bang Theory

Limitless

Hawaii Five-0

Mom

2 Broke Girls

Macgyver

FOX

Gotham

Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Lethal Weapon

ABC

The Goldbergs

Quantico

Marvel's Agents of Shield

Designated Survivor

NBC

Blindspot

The Blacklist

Grimm

Superstore

This is Us

Timeless

SYFY

The Expanse

TBS

Angie Tribeca

HBO

Game of Thrones

Westworld

Netflix

Daredevil 

Jessica Jones

Luke Cage

Just finished the leftovers. Loved it. Also really enjoyed high maintenance. 

Started divorce. Pretty entertaining. 

Humans Season 2

Ballers Season 2

Sense8

Stranger Things

Mad Men is one of the 3 or 4 best shows ever put on TV. However, it's a show about characters and not plot. There isn't a lot of action or holy #### moments. 

Current shows:

Stranger Things

Thrones

Wolf Hall (if that counts)

Catch-up shows:

30 Rock

Rewatching:

Downton Abbey (only S1-2)

Mad Men

I finished the run last night.

I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this series.

Everything was above average or better, the writing, the directing, the acting, the production, all of it.  Every guest star they used was near perfect in their role and they had so many recognizable actors too.

There was probably only one character in the 100's I met that I did not like, and that was Arlo.

I would have like to see Tim used a little more in the story lines but with a cast that big there are only so many lines to go around.

The show Crashing on HBO is pretty good, especially if you have any interest in stand up comedy. Season finale is this Sunday.

After finishing up Justified, I decided to start on Mad Men.  I watched the first episode and enjoyed it.

I was cringing at how many scenes would have seen men fired almost on the spot for the treatment of women in the work place.   I know almost all of the FFA was not even born when this show is set but does anyone know if this is an exaggeration of how women were treated at that time or was the closer to the truth?

Just started Arrow on Netflix. 2 episodes in.

Need to watch Iron Fist but all the negative reviews don't inspire me.

Need to watch Iron Fist but all the negative reviews don't inspire me.
I didn't think it was too bad.  The main guy was poor but there were some good things to it.  To me DD set the bar so high none of the rest could live up to it.  I did like Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.  Cage and IF are about the same to me.

But for what its worth I have horrible taste in shows:

Any Netflix/ Marvel Show
Agents of Shield
Lethal Weapon
Big Bang Theory
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
Bar Rescue
MacGyver (not as good as the original but some fun to it)

My Daughter likes Once Upon a Time and Supergirl so we watch those.

lost track of Gotham, trying to get into Legion
(Thats a lot of comic book shows and I dont watch Flash or Arrow)

I am sure there are others but cant think of them.

Catching up on my DVR. 1/3 of the way into Lethal Weapon and it's a pretty fun show. Once I get through I'll give MacGyver a try. Still have season 2 of Into the Badlands on tap as well. Just finished watching Falling Water. Talk about a confusing show.

A lot of the shows I watch have already been mentioned, but if you're looking for a little diversion on the weekends there's a couple of cooking shows (The Pioneer Woman and Trisha's Southern Cooking) on the food network that have some pretty simple recipes with engaging hosts.  When it comes to cooking I can only get so fancy...these ladies dumb it down enough for even a guy like me to come off like I know what I'm doing in the kitchen.

Users who are viewing this thread