What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The murder of Patton (1 Viewer)

need2know

Footballguy
I have recently been learning a bit about general patton.  seems to me he was murdered.  That car accident is so fishy.  Not sure who did it.  Russians...Us?  He had alot of enemies.  

Anybody with more information out there?

I have recently been learning a bit about general patton.  seems to me he was murdered.  That car accident is so fishy.  Not sure who did it.  Russians...Us?  He had alot of enemies.  

Everyone with more information has been dead a long time.

I have a ton of information about Patton. A TON.

:ptts:  - Tried to start his own military clothing line.

:doh:               - bad shooting performance probably cost him an Olympic medal in pentathlon

Brief Bio:

:stalker: (North Africa)

:boxing:

:drive:

:boxing:   (Sicily)

:gang1:  (Monty)

:welcome: to Messina

:sadbanana: poor bedside manner

:tumbleweed:

:drive: (France)

:help: (Bastogne)

:thanks:

:bowtie:

:tfp:

:topcat:  R.I.P.

:ptts:  - Tried to start his own military clothing line.

:doh:               - bad shooting performance probably cost him an Olympic medal in pentathlon

Brief Bio:

:stalker: (North Africa)

:boxing:   (Sicily)

:gang1:  (Monty)

:welcome: to Messina

:sadbanana: poor bedside manner

:tumbleweed:

:drive: (France)

:help: (Bastogne)

:thanks:

:bowtie:

:tfp:

:topcat:  R.I.P.
Thx. I'm more of a visual learner

I knew a couple men who served directly under him.  He was nuts but he would also fight right by his men on the front line. 

I did a term paper on him way back when you had to physically go to the local college or major city library to actually do the research, so most of my info  was really only from a couple of books or bios. Interested to see what pops up in here.

Patton wasn't murdered.

HTH.

I knew a couple men who served directly under him.  He was nuts but he would also fight right by his men on the front line
Where did you ever hear that? That is completely and totally the opposite of what has always been said about him. He was known to send his men into the bloodiest battles while he stood on the sidelines. 

Encyclopedia Brown said:
Where did you ever hear that? That is completely and totally the opposite of what has always been said about him. He was known to send his men into the bloodiest battles while he stood on the sidelines. 
From 2 old men who served directly under him.  Not regular infantryman.  My career puts me around a lot of these guys so I hear a lot from older veterans.  It sounds like you're describing McArthur 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've read a lot about Patton since the movie came out (1970/71) and l take an Occam's razor view of his death.

Pretty good description of the accident here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpI3v_JAanY&feature=youtu.be&t=1701

My favorite Patton biography:

https://www.amazon.com/Patton-Genius-War-Carlo-DEste/dp/0060927623
:goodposting:

I have a hard time believing that conspirators could design a car crash that was light enough to leave all the occupants unscathed except for Patton.

I will say this.  Patton was right in the idea that the Allies should have busted their ### to get as far East as possible in 1944/45.  Ike was a great general....but he was wrong in the idea that they should have taken it slow and worried more about the Alps. 

Users who are viewing this thread