What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's your go to late night snack? (1 Viewer)

IC FBGCav

Footballguy
Snack when sober is what I am looking for but feel free to include your drunken ones too.  I don't eat when I drink and never have anything good when I am sober and looking for a snack like tonight.  Cheesestick didn't do the job.

My drinkin days, i always kept chorizo or kielbasa in the fridge & Triscuits in the cupboard. Slice em, fry em, bowl em, stack em on crackers. usually calmed drunken cravings & seldom started house fires

This was my answer. Salted, unsalted, what's your preference?  
Probably not the healthiest choice, but I prefer salted with most nuts.  What I usually do though is mix together pecans, almonds, walnuts, and peanuts and roast them for a little bit.  When they are hot, I toss them in a homemade seasoning mix...typically chili powder, cumin, pepper, cayenne, onion powder, garlic powder, and stevia.  A little olive oil helps it all stick.  The almonds and peanuts I use are typically already salted while the walnuts and pecans are not.  That adds just enough salt to mixture where I don't need to add more.  I make up a large batch of this and then store it in old Sam's Club sized peanut cans in the pantry.

Aged prime rib, roasted root vegetables a la Grecque, seared bok choi. For the wine, go with the 1990 Calon-Segur. Probably finish things off with an orange & cherry Madeleine bread pudding and a nice Herbsaint crème anglaise.

Aged prime rib, roasted root vegetables a la Grecque, seared bok choi. For the wine, go with the 1990 Calon-Segur. Probably finish things off with an orange & cherry Madeleine bread pudding and a nice Herbsaint crème anglaise.
yer puke must be so perty...

the 2000 was a far superior vintage. you cretin. 

Hmm.  I was gonna say Cheetos.

Mostly chips and nuts. Once a certain point of the evening hits, and I'm still up and have had a certain amount to drink (a given most nights), no bag of chips is safe. The Boulder Canyon Olive Oil chips are the most frequent victim. I always hate myself for this.

And I can't do without my big can of mixed nuts. A great value, even though I have to throw those terrible big ones out (brazil nuts, I guess). 

Outside of that cheese and crackers will get call with some regularity.

Last edited by a moderator:
toast/english muff
That reminds me, at work we always call toast "chocha". One day somebody wanted dry toast, and the waitress called it out a few times and the cook couldn't understand what she was say, so the waitress yelled out, in a crowded restaurant "Dry! Like my chocha!" Good times since with that one.

On that note, English muff is nice, but I do prefer French Chocha. When you just want some nice Texas Chocha, nothing else will do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mostly chips and nuts. Once a certain point of the evening hits, and I'm still up and have had a certain amount to drink (a given most nights), no bag of chips is safe. The Boulder Canyon Olive Oil chips are the most frequent victim. I always hate myself for this.

And I can't do without my big can of mixed nuts. A great value, even though I have to throw those terrible big ones out (brazil nuts, I guess). 

Outside of that cheese and crackers will get call with some regularity.
:angry:   I love those!   

These look pretty tasty.  May have to pickup a bag of these on my next trip to Sam's Club.
Fantastic plain chip. I do love my Kettle brand chips (esp. Jalapeno), but they are pretty greasy. It might be that I just buy everything at Sam's. but the BC chips really are great. Not as greasy as the Kettle chips.

Monster bars or Scotcharoo bars, depending on what the wife has made recently. (I am a sucker with a sweet tooth)

Tortilla chips spread on a single layer on aluminum foil, shredded mixed mexican cheese sprinkled on top, a dusting of Tony Chachere's across the top.  Into oven on broil, out a few minutes later...delicious.  

Users who are viewing this thread