What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Divisional Round- Green Bay @ Dallas Thread (1 Viewer)

Ack88

Footballguy
As a Cowboys fan, I'm worried. This GB team is on fire and quite different than the team the Boys beat in October. Not sure the Dallas defense can do enough to slow Rodgers. After a sluggish start, the Pack eviscerated a very good Giants secondary.

I'm thinking the Pack win a 31-27 game but it pains me to say it.

Packers only hope is Zeke and Dak play like the rookies they are, if not, it's going to be a long day for Green Bay.

Green Bay is lucky that Beckham kept dropping passes....Dez ?

I think Dallas can easily win time of possession  and control this game.

Dallas should be favored by 10-11 when the line opens.  Jordy looks to be out and the Packers defense is bad.  That said, they are playing with house money.  I would anticipate Rodgers and McCarthy take a lot more chances than they normally do.  It reminds me a lot of last year when the Packers lost to the Cardinals in week 15, 38-8 but in the divisional round took them to OT in a 26-20 loss.

I think GB wins this game.  They have the best player in football controlling their offense.  In fact I think they win it all this year.  That pisses me off given that they're going to beat my Steelers (again) in the Super Bowl.

Everyone will be picking the Green Bay Rodg.....er.....I mean packers.

The Cowboys are well balanced, and we'll rested.....Sean ####### Lee is ready to break up the packers like a high school kegger!

Dallas should be favored by 10-11 when the line opens.  Jordy looks to be out and the Packers defense is bad.  That said, they are playing with house money.  I would anticipate Rodgers and McCarthy take a lot more chances than they normally do.  It reminds me a lot of last year when the Packers lost to the Cardinals in week 15, 38-8 but in the divisional round took them to OT in a 26-20 loss.
lol the line has opened at -4.  11 points?!?!?!

I'm glad the Cowboys are getting Rodgers and GB.

I'll quote the Nature Boy...."To be the man, you gotta beat the man.....WOOOOO!!"

I think I'll take Aaron Rodgers over the rookie quarterback.  They just crushed a vast better defense than Dallas has.

Cowboys only chance (and to be fair, it's a good chance) is to dominate time of possession behind zeke.

I think I'll take Aaron Rodgers over the rookie quarterback.  They just crushed a vast better defense than Dallas has.

Cowboys only chance (and to be fair, it's a good chance) is to dominate time of possession behind zeke.
Uuuummmmm, I believe they are #1 in time of possession.

It will be a good game either way Cowboys beat them already this year so it's not like they can't.

Tex

Uuuummmmm, I believe they are #1 in time of possession.

It will be a good game either way Cowboys beat them already this year so it's not like they can't.

Tex
Agreed.  If Green Bay gets off to another slow start like they did against Detroit and the Giants they are in huge trouble.  I don't see the Cowboys letting them off the hook like the Giants did yesterday.

Football is about match ups and besides the QB position, Dallas has an edge at every other spot on the field. Green Bay will be 1 dimensional and Dallas will control the clock. I don't see Rodgers being able to get into a rhythm. It might be close 1st half, but Dallas will pull away in the 2nd when they wear out the GB front 7. 

lol the line has opened at -4.  11 points?!?!?!
Admittedly I am not a lines maker, because I was way off.  I anticipate it moves up as the money starts to come in.   That said, Dallas beat them by 14 in GB and ran for close to 200 yards.  Since then, the defense has arguably gotten worse and they won't have Lacy or Nelson from that game.  

Admittedly I am not a lines maker, because I was way off.  I anticipate it moves up as the money starts to come in.   That said, Dallas beat them by 14 in GB and ran for close to 200 yards.  Since then, the defense has arguably gotten worse and they won't have Lacy or Nelson from that game.  
Rodgers factor......he's playing at a VERY high level.....

This is an intriguing matchup.......on the surface it's all about Rodgers, our rookie phenoms, our O-line......I say what about Dez?  I could see him gettin loose when GB commits to stopping the run......Dallas' run game gives the Cowboys some nice options for doing other stuff.

I have to say, I feel a lot better about this matchup than I did 24 hours ago.  How did Dallas lose to the Giants?  I think this game is going to be 50+ on points.  I don't see Dez being as crappy as Beckham.  I also don't see Dallas' D slowing down the Packers juggernaut.  Should be fun.  

I have to say, I feel a lot better about this matchup than I did 24 hours ago.  How did Dallas lose to the Giants?  I think this game is going to be 50+ on points.  I don't see Dez being as crappy as Beckham.  I also don't see Dallas' D slowing down the Packers juggernaut.  Should be fun.  
Good luck to the Pack! This should be a good game regardless of the outcome.

The biggest positive for the Cowboys is that they are playing at home. Rodgers on the road over his career has won 54% of the time overall and 50% of the time in the playoffs. The GB offense has been significantly less potent away from Lambeau.

The Packers have had only 1 turnover in their past 7 games. At some point, that is going to change, as teams don't play weeks and weeks without turnovers. In the Rodgers era, GB has never had a turnover free stretch like they are on now. Needing 3 more wins to get the title this year, the odds are they are going to have a game with multiple turnovers. Who knows if they can overcome that, but that game is coming soon.

I think it will be.  Super Bowl winner very likely comes out of this game.  
Yes. 

I thought the Super Bowl NFC representative would come out of the winner of the NYG/GB game. 

Dallas is going in rather cool, GB is on fire. If Dallas can beat GB they should have enough mojo to win it all. If GB can beat Dallas they can beat anyone... 

Anarchy99 said:
Go to the NFL schedule and click on the time the game is scheduled. 
Thanks so very much. This will be one of numerous pieces of information I will be using!

Anarchy99 said:
The biggest positive for the Cowboys is that they are playing at home. Rodgers on the road over his career has won 54% of the time overall and 50% of the time in the playoffs. The GB offense has been significantly less potent away from Lambeau.

The Packers have had only 1 turnover in their past 7 games. At some point, that is going to change, as teams don't play weeks and weeks without turnovers. In the Rodgers era, GB has never had a turnover free stretch like they are on now. Needing 3 more wins to get the title this year, the odds are they are going to have a game with multiple turnovers. Who knows if they can overcome that, but that game is coming soon.
:confused:  I don't get this line of thinking at all.  They've protected the ball so that makes them More likely to turn it over?  

Well dallas has been awesome running the ball so they are probably due for a clunker. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think GB wins this game.  They have the best player in football controlling their offense.  In fact I think they win it all this year.  That pisses me off given that they're going to beat my Steelers (again) in the Super Bowl.
2nd best player your forgot the other #12 in foxboro 

2nd best player your forgot the other #12 in foxboro 
No I didn't forget anyone.  GB has the best QB in football.   :shrug:     That's more clear to me than ever.  I shudder to think what Rodgers would do with a coach like Belichick.  

JWebs85 said:
Football is about match ups and besides the QB position, Dallas has an edge at every other spot on the field. Green Bay will be 1 dimensional and Dallas will control the clock. I don't see Rodgers being able to get into a rhythm. It might be close 1st half, but Dallas will pull away in the 2nd when they wear out the GB front 7. 
Agree with the bolded part. Dallas wins on paper, and I think Lee and the rest of the Dallas front can force Rodgers to throw.

Problem with that is that's how the Packers roll anyway. And it only takes a great drive and a score for Rodgers to get that rhythm. Dallas, like any team, will want to control the clock, but the Packers have a knack for striking quickly.

With the Packers D being middling as well, I see this as a high scoring and close game, with the winner being the team who is able pull away. 

Right now, i give that edge to the Pack, as momentum means an awful lot in playoff football. But not by much, as home field is damned meaningful as well.

Whatever happens, this should be a great game to watch, and arguably the best this weekend. I see a Pats blowout, a 13-9 slugfest in the KC/PIT game, and can see one team dominating the other out in the SEA/ATL game, though I am not sure which team at this point.

jurrassic said:
Have you even seen Green Bay since that game? Their defense is 100 times better now. Losing Jordy hurts, but I would argue that losing Lacy doesn't because of the versatility of Montgomery. 

Dr. Brew said:
GB is ranked 8th aginst the run this season. If they can contain Zeke and force Dak to beat them they win
They are 8th in yards against the run. Dallas and Tenn were the only 2 great rushing Os they faced imo. Dallas had 200, Tenn had 150.

Either way, I'm not sure I'd  I hope my run defense can force my opponent to pass if my pass defense gave up the most yds vs the pass in the league. ;)

Sabertooth said:
I think it will be.  Super Bowl winner very likely comes out of this game.  
I dont know I thought Seattle was finished with the they ended the year but saturday they looked like a SB bound team to me.I think they beat Dallas OR GB..I also rhink Atlanta is stronger than we give them credit for..they can score on anyone anytime..too bad they play Seattle..

I do think nerves get to Dak and if HE, not Rodgers,  starts slowly , its gonna be over quickly for Dallas..GB starts hot gets up by 17-0 or 21-0. And now dallas is one dimensional..GB is going to make Dak win the game and not let Zeke run wild.make dallas play a track meet type of game.lots of scoring and GB tries to run away and hide with a big point lead. Cant wait to see this game..

I dont know I thought Seattle was finished with the they ended the year but saturday they looked like a SB bound team to me.I think they beat Dallas OR GB..I also rhink Atlanta is stronger than we give them credit for..they can score on anyone anytime..too bad they play Seattle..

I do think nerves get to Dak and if HE, not Rodgers,  starts slowly , its gonna be over quickly for Dallas..GB starts hot gets up by 17-0 or 21-0. And now dallas is one dimensional..GB is going to make Dak win the game and not let Zeke run wild.make dallas play a track meet type of game.lots of scoring and GB tries to run away and hide with a big point lead. Cant wait to see this game..
You are giving way too much credit to Seattle for beating the worst team in the playoffs. The Lions were extremely lucky to win 9 games this year. 

They are 8th in yards against the run. Dallas and Tenn were the only 2 great rushing Os they faced imo. Dallas had 200, Tenn had 150.

Either way, I'm not sure I'd  I hope my run defense can force my opponent to pass if my pass defense gave up the most yds vs the pass in the league. ;)
Just like many can't see Rodgers being stopped, I can't see GB's defense stopping Dallas' offense......should be fun!

What makes you think GB can stop Zeke?  Does Dallas not have the best O line in the league?  If GB stacks the box, Dez should have a huge game.

:no:

Cute to take the two games from the worst stretch of GB's season... their run D is way different than it was when they faced either of those teams months ago

Not to muddy up a GB/DAL thread, but what SEA did, at home, against marginal competition is a different animal than playing on the road against stiffer competition. DET did not beat a playoff team all season. And what was the graphic they showed during the game . . . that the Lions had only 4 wins in 50-60 years playing on the West Coast.

In the Wilson era, SEA has won 87% of their home games but only 56% of their road games. Assuming the Cowboys win, Wilson has never won back to back games on the road in the playoffs. The Seahawks did not win back to back road games this year. I am fairly certain WIlson has never beaten two playoff teams back to back on the road before in his career. 

Users who are viewing this thread