What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (12 Viewers)

If we believe your (still unproven) characterization, why did Trump have Nunberg working for him for so long?
He was cheap, apparently.  I don't think we can assume that Nunberg has any particular insight into what the campaign did in 2016 UNLESS the campaign was in contact with Roger Stone a lot during that time.  I think that's a strong possibility, but who knows? 

Weebs210 said:

Nunberg seems like a reliable source. Let's see:

Scorned employee

Drunk

Mentally unstable
For all your cries about how unfair it is for people to pick on a mentally unstable man, I can't help but think that you're doing the same thing by calling him "mentally unstable" in the first place.

If we believe your (still unproven) characterization, why did Trump have Nunberg working for him for so long?
Listening to Rush over my lunch hour, Rush made the claim that the Trump campaign fired this guy three times.  THREE TIMES!!!

* neglecting to note that this means they hired him three times, including twice after firing him.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's accepted wisdom that Lewandowski got him fired for the final time.  Obviously, the Facebook posts created a good excuse.  Nunberg also supposedly outed the Corey/Hope "illicit affair", but I'm unclear on whether that was before or after he was fired.  

Tim Mak‏ @timkmak 12m12 minutes ago

Roger Stone has a new statement out: "Sam Nunberg marches to his own drummer. He's not speaking at my behest or direction. He is clearly not shy about expressing his own views"

In his statement, Roger Stone also insists he "had no knowledge or involvement in Russian Collusion or any other inappropriate act" " had no advance notice or knowledge of the source, content or exact timing of the wikileaks disclosures regarding Hillary"

Roger Stone acknowledges: "I did confirm thru a source that Wikileaks really had Material on Hillary and would publish it after Assange said so in an interview"

Roger Stone goes on to say that the real scandal is FISA abuse: "All of this is ,of course , an effort to distract from the emerging fact that the Obama DOJ and FBI used what they knew was fabricated evidence to justify the surveillance of the Republican candidate."

https://twitter.com/timkmak/status/971114997500739584

Tim Mak‏ @timkmak 12m12 minutes ago

Roger Stone has a new statement out: "Sam Nunberg marches to his own drummer. He's not speaking at my behest or direction. He is clearly not shy about expressing his own views"

In his statement, Roger Stone also insists he "had no knowledge or involvement in Russian Collusion or any other inappropriate act" " had no advance notice or knowledge of the source, content or exact timing of the wikileaks disclosures regarding Hillary"

Roger Stone acknowledges: "I did confirm thru a source that Wikileaks really had Material on Hillary and would publish it after Assange said so in an interview"

Roger Stone goes on to say that the real scandal is FISA abuse: "All of this is ,of course , an effort to distract from the emerging fact that the Obama DOJ and FBI used what they knew was fabricated evidence to justify the surveillance of the Republican candidate."

https://twitter.com/timkmak/status/971114997500739584
this is the best line they keep pushing.  and the sycophants buy it hook, line and sinker.

I mean, the White House can just say he wasn't involved in the campaign and would have no basis to know.  There's really no reason to smear him.  
I worked for a guy for too long who treated every termination, regardless of cause, like it was a bad divorce and the spouses had been cheating with each other's siblings. That guy is one of the only people I know (knew) who completely understands Donald Trump.

He was cheap, apparently.  I don't think we can assume that Nunberg has any particular insight into what the campaign did in 2016 UNLESS the campaign was in contact with Roger Stone a lot during that time.  I think that's a strong possibility, but who knows? 
Or unless the campaign was in contact with Steve Bannon a lot during that time. Nunberg and Bannon are apparently close.

Scorned employee

Drunk

Mentally unstable
If that's the type the man hires to do his dirty work, who else is Mueller supposed to get info from?  When Trump starts hiring Roman Catholic Cardinals to be his Russian connection, he'll subpoena them.  Until then, he has no choice but to go after the people that are there.

I worked for a guy for too long who treated every termination, regardless of cause, like it was a bad divorce and the spouses had been cheating with each other's siblings. That guy is one of the only people I know (knew) who completely understands Donald Trump.
Nunberg may not appear to be the sharpest tool in the shed, but he apparently sold Trump on running a campaign based on "Ted Cruz's immigration message and Ross Perot's populist economic message."  Hard to argue that Trump didn't run, and win, on just that.  

There’s been reporting that several different foreign IC have tapes of the Trump crew without much specific detail. Though I don’t believe it can be used as evidence in a criminal case, so it all has to be collaborated by witnesses.
*corroborated

I'm not sure if you're trying to tweak me or not.  At least for the period when the DNC emails were released, the campaign was in contact with Bannon, as he was the campaign manager at that time.  
I’m suggesting that there is some reason to suspect that Nunberg does have insight into what the campaign did in 2016 — via Bannon.

It's the Nunberg connection to the Trump campaign that Trumpites are trying to push away from. Nunberg claims he was there for the birth certificate push, that he created the wall and Muslim ban ideas, and he and Stone ran his campaign and prepped him for his first two debates, and the Trumpian response is 'no one ever heard of him'.
I hear ya. My post is primarily a blanket response to anything that suggests Trump wasn't a politician or considering a run before that escalator strained to bring him down in '15.

There’s been reporting that several different foreign IC have tapes of the Trump crew without much specific detail. Though I don’t believe it can be used as evidence in a criminal case, so it all has to be collaborated by witnesses.
I think this information is also interesting in light of the blanket steel tariffs and upcoming potential negotiations on who gets hit. While these things may not hold up in a court of law, as we've seen with Wikileaks, they can do some serious damage. (I mean, to those that are not already covered in so much #### that any additional #### just slides off.)

Meet the Press‏Verified account @MeetThePress 3m3 minutes ago

"I didn't ask Sam Nunberg to protect me, I don't think I require any protection" - Roger Stone #MTPDaily

11th Hour‏Verified account @11thHour 4m4 minutes ago

Roger Stone tells @chucktodd that he ever had any advance warning from Wikileaks. #MTPDaily

???? ??????‏Verified account @xeni 2m

Roger Stone asked by @chucktodd @msnbc, you never had a single conversation with Trump about Hillary Clinton's emails? 'Never,' Stone says. 'Same answer I gave house intel under oath months ago, same answer i'll give Mueller.'

Scorned employee

Drunk

Mentally unstable
All true. But I have two serious questions for you then: 

1. Why does Trump surround himself with such dubious characters? 

2. Why do you support a man who surrounds himself with such dubious characters? 

I mean this sincerely: its troubled me from the moment Donald Trump began his campaign for President. There have always been questionable people around every major politician (Sidney Blumenthal for instance) but nobody has been attracted to as many wackos as Donald Trump has in modern American history. Doesn’t this bother you at all? 

All true. But I have two serious questions for you then: 

1. Why does Trump surround himself with such dubious characters? 

2. Why do you support a man who surrounds himself with such dubious characters? 

I mean this sincerely: its troubled me from the moment Donald Trump began his campaign for President. There have always been questionable people around every major politician (Sidney Blumenthal for instance) but nobody has been attracted to as many wackos as Donald Trump has in modern American history. Doesn’t this bother you at all? 
It's not that he chooses dubious characters, it's that only dubious characters would choose to work with him

I don't know how this works.  Congress doesn't have to pass a bill on this?
Not under Section 232 Investigation. The President has the power to act in the interest of national security. Commerce determined steel and aluminum imports have impacted national security.

Users who are viewing this thread