Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
whoknew

The Russia Investigation: DOJ Drops Case Against Flynn Even After He Pleads Guilty

4 minutes ago, The Z Machine said:

So awesome that there's a guy who's losing it with his finger on the trigger.  Who could have predicted this?

All of us normals.  Apparently it was just us though, which was the problem.

1 hour ago, Weebs210 said:

Trust me, we know. The problem is there are no facts that Trump is connected illegally to Russia. There lies the problem.

So you are saying he is connected with Russia?

Trust me, we know. The problem is there are no facts that Trump is connected illegally to Russia. There lies the problem.

What specific facts would you need to see to conclude that Trump is "connected illegally to Russia?"

38 minutes ago, caustic said:

This was posted a few days ago on Buzzfeed, not sure I remember seeing it here. Joseph Misfud, professor who told Papadopoulos about Russia’s “dirt” on Hillary, has been missing since October, when news of the Papadopoulos plea deal broke: Link

Email and cell phones are supposedly dead - nobody can find him including his pregnant fiancée and Italian prosecutors, who are looking to punish him for financial crimes: Link

In April 2017, Misfud told his fiancée that he had recently been interrogated by the FBI.

Just wondering - do any of our satellites detect human-sized deposits of polonium buried roughly six feet underground?  

20 minutes ago, The Indestructible said:

What specific facts would you need to see to conclude that Trump is "connected illegally to Russia?"

Let's start with anything

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Weebs210 said:

I don't think you know the definition of the word facts. Or maybe connecting. Or both.

There is no iron-clad conclusive proof that Donald Trump arranged a quid pro quo with Putin for Putin to fix the 2016 election.

There are PLENTY of facts connecting him to Russia. There are even facts connecting him to possible money laundering in Russia.

There are undisputed facts that Russia tried to influence our election.

There are undisputed facts to the point of comical how Trump avoids any criticism or actions against Russia. At all. Ever. When he goes on rants for decades about small hands. And the head of every branch of the US military is saying this is a problem and Trump says nothing. Putin has Russian soldiers attack US soldiers and Trump says nothing. Putin shows a simulation of nuking Florida and Trump says nothing. At this point, it's as if Putin is just showing how completely Trump is his submissive. Even if there never was a pre-arranged collusion, there is collusion happening right now. Plainly and obviously.

The cumulative weight of years of alleged Hillary Clinton misdoings are eclipsed by some individual week's news and scandals from this administration. With a ridiculous amount of actual proof. And actual indictments. And actual plea deals. And others obviously in the works.

If you want to retain any credibility whatsoever, it's time to join reality. And not try to play coy defender, acting as if you're just trying to be reasonable.

Alternatively, accept now that you'll never ever ever be allowed to accuse anyone of malfeasance or possible corruption unless and until they're convicted. And that you should now renounce anyone trying to impugn anyone else's integrity until they're convicted. And that if you ever did that in the past, you were obviously wrong to do so. In short, issue a blanket and lifetime mea culpa.

Barring that, accept reality that this is happening right now or go away. Because nothing you could or would say will have any reason to be taken seriously.

Edited by Guest

Acting as if you're just trying at a reasonable and rational discussion is transparent and blatant chicanery. People would put their time to better use trying to enlighten their pet hamster.

24 minutes ago, Matthias said:

I don't think you know the definition of the word facts. Or maybe connecting. Or both.

There is no iron-clad conclusive proof that Donald Trump arranged a quid pro quo with Putin for Putin to fix the 2016 election.

There are PLENTY of facts connecting him to Russia. There are even facts connecting him to possible money laundering in Russia.

There are undisputed facts that Russia tried to influence our election.

There are undisputed facts to the point of comical how Trump avoids any criticism or actions against Russia. At all. Ever. When he goes on rants for decades about small hands. And the head of every branch of the US military is saying this is a problem and Trump says nothing. Putin has Russian soldiers attack US soldiers and Trump says nothing. Putin shows a simulation of nuking Florida and Trump says nothing. At this point, it's as if Putin is just showing how completely Trump is his submissive. Even if there never was a pre-arranged collusion, there is collusion happening right now. Plainly and obviously.

The cumulative weight of years of alleged Hillary Clinton misdoings are eclipsed by some individual week's news and scandals from this administration. With a ridiculous amount of actual proof. And actual indictments. And actual plea deals. And others obviously in the works.

If you want to retain any credibility whatsoever, it's time to join reality. And not try to play coy defender, acting as if you're just trying to be reasonable.

Alternatively, accept now that you'll never ever ever be allowed to accuse anyone of malfeasance or possible corruption unless and until they're convicted. And that you should now renounce anyone trying to impugn anyone else's integrity until they're convicted. And that if you ever did that in the past, you were obviously wrong to do so. In short, issue a blanket and lifetime mea culpa.

Barring that, accept reality that this is happening right now or go away. Because nothing you could or would say will have any reason to be taken seriously.

This is going to be funny to reread when Mueller drops his investigation against Trump.

34 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

This is going to be funny to reread when Mueller drops his investigation against Trump.

Mueller won't "drop" his investigation into Trump.  First, its an investigation into Russian interference in the election, any connections to Trump's campaign, and any other crimes uncovered during the investigation.

Second, when Mueller is done - he will issue a report - and from there people will discuss the implications to Trump.  I don't think Mueller will indict Trump.  I don't think Mueller will say "Trump should (or should not) be impeached."  I think he will create the narrative of the facts as unbiasedly as he can - and let people draw their own conclusions as to Trump.  I think Mueller will continue to indict people who he determines have broken the law - but not when it comes to Trump.  I think thats a constitutional battle he really does not want to take on.

Edited by Sinn Fein
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

Because it means that he never ever had any facts anywhere that Trump did anything wrong?

Do you not even understand what you yourself say?

Someone see if weebs ever said that Hillary did anything wrong. And laugh at him because the government dropped the investigation.

Weebs 210 said:

Is that a Freudian slip? No one involved has confirmed that Mueller is investigating Trump.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Banger said:

How in the world can anyone support this buffoon?

Why don't you want America to be great again?

4 hours ago, cosjobs said:

his national security adviser, according to reports, will be replaced soon. No doubt the exodus will continue.

Buck up, camper. On the bright side, this is a major improvement over "his national security adviser committed a bunch of crimes and flipped against him."

Edited by Plorfu
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Weebs210 said:

Trump refuses to impose sanctions on Russia. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SameSongNDance said:

The irony of red hats labeling the theory that Trump colluded with Russia a crazy conspiracy just dawned on me. To any impartial viewer it's obvious that the theory is substantive as we know Russia attempted to interfere with the election, that Trumps campaign manager and others within his close orbit had ties to Russia and that the entire administration has and will continue to lie about said ties. We have a federal investigation that has lead indictments and etc. At this point the only way you can completely dismiss the idea that Trump colluded with Russia and confidently act like there's a 0% chance that it happened is if you're willfully ignorant or a liar. 

But, again, the irony of this situation is that the only reason red hats feel comfortable labeling it a conspiracy theory is because they buy into the "deep state" conspiracy theory themselves. They believe Mueller is apart of the deep state and is out to get Trump. There's no way to reconcile with people who hold these beliefs as to them it's technically impossible to have an impartial investigation. It's like showing a flat Earther a picture of Earth from space yet them saying that the picture is obviously doctored. 

I've heard the argument made that although many of his campaign staff and those surrounding him in the Office of the President have ties to and are beholden to Russia, Trump himself is too stupid to have known about any or directed any of it. Not sure how that meshes with his stable genius persona, but I guess it's one possible defense of the guy.

3 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

I am pretty sure all the fats implicate Trump

So now we're okay with fat shaming? [/s]

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matthias said:

Someone see if weebs ever said.........

no thanks.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

So now we're okay with fat shaming? [/s]

No, its ok.  Trump has no shame.

40 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

No, its ok.  Trump has no shame.

And he isn’t even fat. He’s 6’3 and 239 lbs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

Is that a Freudian slip? No one involved has confirmed that Mueller is investigating Trump.

It's more self fulfilling that way...duh!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

No one has confirmed that Mueller is investigating Trump.

And you can trust me on that one.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, No One said:

And you can trust me on that one.

I absolutely trust no one on the internet. 

• Like 4

Weird response.  My question acknowledged that you don't think there are any facts showing that Trump is illegally connected with Russia.  I'm asking you if you can conceive of a fact that would change your mind.

6 hours ago, SameSongNDance said:

It's honestly just a lot easier to type than "Trump supporters". Does it offend you?

And my impartiality or lack thereof (it's no secret that I ####### hate Trump) has no bearing on facts or the investigation.

And I'm not supposed to say "bad dog" when he ####s on the carpet, but its really really starting to stink

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

And he isn’t even fat. He’s 6’3 and 239 lbs. 

Thank you Henry.  I really needed a laugh today. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dkp993 said:

Thank you Henry.  I really needed a laugh today. 

Don’t thank me.  Thank our President, who proudly proclaimed - and had a physician certify to the world - that he correctly drew a clock and identified pictures of animals for a perfect score on his fitness exam. 

1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

Don’t thank me.  Thank our President, who proudly proclaimed - and had a physician certify to the world - that he correctly drew a clock and identified pictures of animals for a perfect score on his fitness exam. 

A stable genius at work.  

7 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Must resist Trump supporter joke....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

There's so much insanity happening on a daily basis but we should never forget the immense pride Trump took in showing he isn't brain addled. 

Edited by packersfan
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, packersfan said:

There's so much insanity happening on a daily basis but we should never forget the immense pride Trump took in showing he isn't brain addled. 

Isn’t so brain addled he can’t identify a picture of a lion.

• Like 6

You can be pretty f’d up and still pass that test. This isn’t the “look up and walk in a straight line” portion of the field sobriety test.  It’s the “please open the door and step out of the vehicle” portion. 

• Like 4

Just now, Henry Ford said:

You can be pretty f’d up and still pass that test. This isn’t the “look up and walk in a straight line” portion of the field sobriety test.  It’s the “please open the door and step out of the vehicle” portion. 

:rolleyes: I like how you just ignore the fact that he scored the highest score of any president that's ever had to take it to prove he's still mentally capable of eating soup.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

Uh, the what now?

14 minutes ago, Bacon is Delicious said:

Russia cuts off natural gas pipeline to Ukraine.

Any comment from our resident Russia apologist?

Come on.  Is there any reason to put up that video showing Russia blowing up Florida other than Putin’s about to invade something and wants Donald too scared to act in reaction/retaliation?

5 minutes ago, saintfool said:

It's like the third time that has been done in the past five years. 

Sure. Also that.

This article bumps up against a general point. the closer an advisor is to Trump, the bigger of an insider they are, the more legal jeopardy they're in and the more likely they are to be in it. Normally in an investigation, they talk about how high up the corruption went. This one flips that on its head. And only needs to go low enough for someone like Gates to get scared and poor enough to flip.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Ignoramus said:

:rolleyes: he's still mentally capable of eating soup.

Depends how hot it is

• Like 2

The more we find out about the questions Mueller is asking of his witnesses, the more I'm thinking Russia is just one leg of a giant, worldwide shakedown/bribery scheme.  Russia gets all the attention because of the potential influence in our elections and they're a dangerous rival, but between the Kushner/Qatari story, Flynn and Turkey and tonight the UAE, it seems it may be more of a pattern of using the WH and US policy to enrich themselves.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Like 7

27 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

The more we find out about the questions Mueller is asking of his witnesses, the more I'm thinking Russia is just one leg of a giant, worldwide shakedown/bribery scheme.  Russia gets all the attention because of the potential influence in our elections and they're a dangerous rival, but between the Kushner/Qatari story, Flynn and Turkey and tonight the UAE, it seems it may be more of a pattern of using the WH and US policy to enrich themselves.

Totally agreed. These rats will take money from anywhere - not just Russia. 

Just now, bagger said:

Draining the swamp indeed. 

You just don't understand. What he meant was that he would drain the swamp that was already there and replace it with a much stinker, deeper, dirtier swamp that was beholden to him. So, you see, he's following his campaign promises completely. From a certain point of view. 

• Like 1