Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
whoknew

The Russia Investigation: DOJ Drops Case Against Flynn Even After He Pleads Guilty

2 hours ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

the more I'm thinking Russia is just one leg of a giant, worldwide shakedown/bribery scheme.  

So we've shifted to a Clinton Foundation investigation now?

Man, I can't keep up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sand said:

Man, I can't keep up.

It certaintly looks inevitable 

17 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:
28 minutes ago, Sand said:

Man, I can't keep up.

Get a load of Mr. No Evidence over here.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Sand said:

Man, I can't keep up.

You know, I don’t like the Clintons. But man do you guys hate the Clintons. It’s almost impressive at some point. When someone is in your face all the time or in office or running for office - sure, totally understand being able to keep it up.  But two 70-something retirees who started a foundation that got low cost AIDS meds to nine million people in Africa - that’s a spectacular amount of focus. 

• Like 15

14 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

32 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:
43 minutes ago, Sand said:

Man, I can't keep up.

Get a load of Mr. No Evidence over here.

If you'd been paying any attention at all, you'd have known this is where it was leading. 

Just now, Henry Ford said:

You know, I don’t like the Clintons. But man do you guys hate the Clintons. It’s almost impressive at some point. When someone is in your face all the time or in office or running for office - sure, totally understand being able to keep it up.  But two 70-something retirees who started a foundation that got low cost AIDS meds to nine million people in Africa - that’s a spectacular amount of focus. 

You forgot to mention Comet Pizza. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, MikeIke said:

You forgot to mention Comet Pizza. 

And sex island.

59 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

I am positive you guys hate Trump more than we hate the Clintons.

2 of the 3 timeouts I've gotten on this board stemmed from my hatred of Hillary Clinton (the other was LeBron James) and I hate Trump infinitely more than Hillary. At least she's not endangering our republic while enriching herself off of our collective treasure and making us look like folks while doing so. Hillary looks like a girl scout in comparison. 

Edited by bananafish
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Sand said:

Man, I can't keep up.

Go right ahead.

Lock anyone up that is found to have committed criminal acts.

Report back due course

Good luck and Godspeed

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

I can only speak for myself, but the difference is that while I have never liked Trump, I just didn't care about him.  Through the birtherism, and his constant criticism of Obama, I disliked him, but I just didn't give him much thought.  Now that he is president, I cannot avoid him, and that dislike has probably elevated to something close to hate.  When this nightmare is over, he will again be relegated to me just not caring about him.  Thankful he is out of power, but not worth the energy of hate.

With the right, and Clinton, that hatred does not subside.  I would have expected that with Hillary staying out of the limelight for the most part, she would have faded out.  That has not been the case, she is still the most prominent figure in right leaning news and conversation.  The obsession is strange, and I really believe that is a big difference.  

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

I feel sorry for Trump, and for people who think he represents a positive role model. They have a mindset that I struggle to grasp.  I think Trump is an idiot, a blowhard, a bully, sexist, racist, egomaniac, and overly insecure. If he was still just a third-rate real estate developer or a reality tv performer, I would care about him at all.  

But, he is president, and I worry daily about how he is adversely affecting our future based on his whims and personal vendettas. I worry that he does not have the temperament to deal with complex foreign negotiations.  I worry that he has to be reminded to listen to others and show empathy when appropriate. I worry that his insecurities and daddy issues result in battles that others have to pay for in blood and treasure. I worry that by making America a laughingstock, we have dangerously isolated ourselves in the world community - a community that is generally growing closer every day. I worry that people like Putin know how to push his buttons to do their bidding.  I worry that he treats the job or running the country the same as running his business. I worry that he does not care if he bankrupts the country in the process. 

But, I don't hate him, on a personal level. He is simply not fit for the office. And, I don't hate people who support him, though I do find it to be revealing about their character - to the extent they see Trump as a positive influence and someone they want leading the country.  I do not find the policies pursued by Trump, and supported by others, to be indicative of positive qualities in a person. I feel sorry that there are people who feel this way. 

• Like 10

I can imagine Trump fans doing everything they can to keep the Clintons healthy and alive so that they keep their boogeyman.  What are they going to do when they are gone?  They have no substance.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

I struggle to think of any public figure I’ve ever hated more than Trump.

I hated Trump far before he ever got involved in politics just due to his boorish behavior and low brow, rich guy act.  Such a narcissistic turd his whole life. 

• Like 4

I don't hate Trump any more than I hate the Benny Hill character.  They're both simply laughable, stupid buffoons who love to chase hot women.  I just don't think either one should be president of the most powerful country on earth.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

I do not find the policies pursued by Trump, and supported by others, to be indicative of positive qualities in a person. 

This. There’s that voice that drives serious people to strive to be better, wiser, more virtuous, more patient, empathetic and learned - in short more stoic.  Beginning to explain this to a Trump supporter is no less daunting than explaining why higher pursuits and stoicism matter at all.  To understand one is to reject the other, so starkly it exists in contrast.  But any City on a Hill relies on noble traditions, while every cesspool society is teeming with those who spurn their call.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

He will be our generation's Nixon.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2018 at 6:33 AM, Banger said:

>>Prior to the memo, we knew that a Russian agent told Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos of “Moscow possessing ‘dirt’” on Hillary Clinton “in the form of ‘thousands of emails,’” according to Papadopoulos’s plea statement. The memo went a legally significant step further. As Rep. Adam Schiff recently told Chris Hayes, “our memo discloses for the first time that the Russians previewed to Papadopoulos that they could help with disseminating these stolen emails.” Rep. Schiff added, “When Donald Trump openly called on the Russians to hack Hillary Clinton’s emails, they’d be richly rewarded if they released these to the press, his campaign had already been put on notice that the Russians were prepared to do just that and disseminate these stolen emails.” (The full transcript and video clip is below.)

This new revelation is legally important and, if true, could have exposed Papadopoulos and potentially other campaign officials to significant criminal liability. I spoke with several leading experts in campaign finance law and former federal prosecutors to gather their views.

Rep. Schiff’s statement adds clarity to two stray statements in the memo itself. The memo states, “Russian agents previewed their hack and dissemination of stolen emails.” The memo also refers to this part of the record in stating, “We would later learn in Papadopoulos’s plea ... the information the Russians could assist by anonymously releasing were thousands of Hillary Clinton emails.”<<

- I just thought this article and this piece was worth highlighting. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

I feel sorry for Trump, and for people who think he represents a positive role model. They have a mindset that I struggle to grasp.  I think Trump is an idiot, a blowhard, a bully, sexist, racist, egomaniac, and overly insecure. If he was still just a third-rate real estate developer or a reality tv performer, I would care about him at all.  

But, he is president, and I worry daily about how he is adversely affecting our future based on his whims and personal vendettas. I worry that he does not have the temperament to deal with complex foreign negotiations.  I worry that he has to be reminded to listen to others and show empathy when appropriate. I worry that his insecurities and daddy issues result in battles that others have to pay for in blood and treasure. I worry that by making America a laughingstock, we have dangerously isolated ourselves in the world community - a community that is generally growing closer every day. I worry that people like Putin know how to push his buttons to do their bidding.  I worry that he treats the job or running the country the same as running his business. I worry that he does not care if he bankrupts the country in the process. 

But, I don't hate him, on a personal level. He is simply not fit for the office. And, I don't hate people who support him, though I do find it to be revealing about their character - to the extent they see Trump as a positive influence and someone they want leading the country.  I do not find the policies pursued by Trump, and supported by others, to be indicative of positive qualities in a person. I feel sorry that there are people who feel this way. 

This nicely lays out various ways Trump is unfit for office and how that can impact our lives.

I'd like to see one of the both-siders write a similar case for Obama and Hillary.  Or, if they can't, recognize that both-sidism is wrong.

1 hour ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

Tom Brady?

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Tom Brady?

I hate Trump too, but Brady is a different tier by himself.

10 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

You know, I don’t like the Clintons. But man do you guys hate the Clintons.

Henry, it's more of logic exercise.  There is absolutely no doubt that the CF was a huge machine to buy and sell influence.  It was also quite the slush fund for the Clinton machine (even with all the good it did).  One only has to look at how the donations crashed after HRC was not voted in to see what people were really buying.  Honestly, you really have to deliberately ignore the situation not to see this.

After all that, the comment was pretty much humor.  We've conclusively seen that when it comes to the Clintons the rule of man applies, while the rule of law applies to the rest of us.  They'll never get any serious scrutiny for this.

10 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

But two 70-something retirees who started a foundation that got low cost AIDS meds to nine million people in Africa - that’s a spectacular amount of focus. 

The ends don't justify the means.  Pablo Escobar gave huge amounts of money to the poor (to take the point to an extreme level - not comparing the actions of the two).   

2 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

But, I don't hate him, on a personal level. He is simply not fit for the office. 

Yep.

50 minutes ago, randall146 said:

I'd like to see one of the both-siders write a similar case for Obama 

Obama implemented horrible policies.  But, he was a much better President.  People often muddle the two.

• Like 1

Just now, Matthias said:

Here's the thing. The Trump connections are way more numerous and way more direct. You don't even have to speculate as to whether or not he's redirecting money from his foundation. He stays and promotes properties which he directly owns as a personal business for profit. Like, what you think the Clintons did, Trump is certainly doing. So doesn't that burn even more outrage?

Let's stop the whataboutism and concentrate on the point that was made.

4 minutes ago, Matthias said:

No. If you think angry and venomous ire for the Clintons are self-explanatory because of reasons A, B, and C. And someone else carries A, B, and C to an even more extreme, blatant, and unquestioning way, then is there any logical or reasonable explanation not to feel the same way as the Clintons, but only to a greater extent? Otherwise, you're just manufacturing reasons which sound palatable when the actual rationale is something else.

Within one year, Trumps son-in-law received $500m in loans that he desperately needed.  And, he steered policy away from at least one country that wouldn't give him money. 

That's just one year, and just one man.  There's also Mara-Lago, trumps DC hotel, Ichans insider trading, Trumps NSA acting as a foreign agent for profit... 

Trump administration is so much worse about self-sealing than the Clinton Syndicate could ever hope to be. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Matthias said:

No. If you think angry and venomous ire for the Clintons are self-explanatory because of reasons A, B, and C. And someone else carries A, B, and C to an even more extreme, blatant, and unquestioning way, then is there any logical or reasonable explanation not to feel the same way as the Clintons, but only to a greater extent? Otherwise, you're just manufacturing reasons which sound palatable when the actual rationale is something else.

Maybe you missed the part where I'm not a Trump apologist,  didn't vote for him,  and have stated multiple times I don't think he's capable of the office? 

Obfuscation. 

Edited by Sand

3 minutes ago, Sand said:

Maybe you missed the part where I'm not a Trump apologist,  didn't vote for him,  and have stated multiple times I don't think he's capable of the office? 

Obfuscation. 

So, why are you in here using the Trump/Trump Supporter tactic of bringing up Clinton whenever he’s caught doing something illegal? That’s no different than being a Trump apologist. Clinton is not President. She never will be. This about the CURRENT guy in office.

• Like 3

Just now, Matthias said:

You think I'm defending the Clintons?

Is that even possible?  :P

9 hours ago, Matthias said:

You haven't seen the rails in years.

You can't have this much hate for a failed Presidential candidate and not have it be classified as obsession.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dedfin said:

I can imagine Trump fans doing everything they can to keep the Clintons healthy and alive so that they keep their boogeyman.  What are they going to do when they are gone?  They have no substance.

Chelsea and Malia will take over the globalist deep state agenda.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Matthias said:

. Last 10 years she seemed to want to pursue political office, just to attain it. To become President just to become the first woman to do it. Not because she had a burning issue, crusade or belief system she wanted to promote. Just office for the sake of the office. 

21 minutes ago, SacramentoBob said:

You can't have this much hate for a failed Presidential candidate and not have it be classified as obsession.

What, you don’t remember the years of continued discussion about Walter Mondale?

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, SacramentoBob said:

Chelsea and Malia will take over the globalist deep state agenda.

Who knows the lengths Malia will go just to smoke some herb at a concert?  This is gonna go all the way to the top!

1 hour ago, Matthias said:

In my mind, Trump is Heath Ledger's Joker. The Mayor has plans. The Commissioner has plans. I'm just a dog chasing a car. He's destructive in the same way that a rabid dog is dangerous. And that's dangerous as #### when you control the levers of the country. But McConnell, Cheney, they know better. They're aware of the repercussions of their actions, and do them intentionally and with forethought. McConnell is actually evil. Trump is a force and avatar for ego and chaos. imo.

This is an argument for why we shouldn’t hate Trump?

I wouldn’t classify how I feel towards Trump as hate.  Just want him gone and love making fun of his buffoonery.

There are at least a dozen members of Congress that I absolutely hate.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

This is an argument for why we shouldn’t hate Trump?

Yeah, I think he's saying instinct for chaos and destruction isn't hate worthy, but I think it is.  If we can hate malaria, and we should, then we can hate Trump.

11 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

Maybe but one very clearly deserves it more. At least to objective observers. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

Incorrect again.  You are going off the rails in here.  

No. There are many rails. They are called indictments, resignations, conversations, emails, sources and investigators. Lots and lots of rails. 

Those things you guys said didn't happen and were a figment of dirty lib imaginations?  It's been revealed this week that Robert Mueller is asking witnesses about all of them.  After five people have pleaded guilty to felonies.

So, you know.  Track record.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sand said:

Henry, it's more of logic exercise.  There is absolutely no doubt that the CF was a huge machine to buy and sell influence.  It was also quite the slush fund for the Clinton machine (even with all the good it did).  One only has to look at how the donations crashed after HRC was not voted in to see what people were really buying.  Honestly, you really have to deliberately ignore the situation not to see this.

After all that, the comment was pretty much humor.  We've conclusively seen that when it comes to the Clintons the rule of man applies, while the rule of law applies to the rest of us.  They'll never get any serious scrutiny for this.

The ends don't justify the means.  Pablo Escobar gave huge amounts of money to the poor (to take the point to an extreme level - not comparing the actions of the two).   

Yep.

Fine. The CF isn’t an existential threat to our democracy. So let’s focus on what is. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sand said:

They’ve literally been investigated by the FBI and have had front page news stories on major cable news network websites about this exact issue.  Whether you agree with the ultimate conclusions of those news stations or the FBI is one thing, but saying they’ll never get serious scrutiny is nonsensical. 

It’s a logic exercise? Please, share with me the exercise.  I must be missing it. 

The story about Qatar and Jared Kushner, by itself. Is already a bigger scandal than anything Hillary Clinton has ever been credibly accused of. There is no doubt in my mind that if Trump was a Democrat, the House would be moving to impeach him on this story alone. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Right. I don't hate malaria. I just want a way to control it.

Rational people can disagree here :thumbup: 

19 minutes ago, timschochet said:

The story about Qatar and Jared Kushner, by itself. Is already a bigger scandal than anything Hillary Clinton has ever been credibly accused of. There is no doubt in my mind that if Trump was a Democrat, the House would be moving to impeach him on this story alone. 

It's like Uranium One. 

If Uranium One was a real thing.  And involved loans directly to Hillary instead of a gift to the Foundation.  And the sums were 10x as much.  And there was an actual quid pro quo involving US policy in exchange.  And Hillary had the ability to deliver the actual quid pro quo.  And the loans were from someone actually impacted by the quid pro quo instead of someone who used to be kind of sort of involved once upon a time.

So nothing like Uranium One I guess.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Like 7

Sometimes I’m torn between agreeing with a post and correcting someone’s Latin. 

• Like 3